Medal of Honor game

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Medal of Honor game

Post by Knightt »

is now OUT and having picked mine up last night, I had quite a bit of fun for over an hour before needing to get to bed. Things look pretty good and it definitely has a Afghanistan 'feel' to it.

Anybody else on board ?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
Re: Medal of Honor game

Post by depluto »

Knightt wrote:is now OUT and having picked mine up last night, I had quite a bit of fun for over an hour before needing to get to bed. Things look pretty good and it definitely has a Afghanistan 'feel' to it.

Anybody else on board ?
I played through the first three levels this morning. It has a good vibe but the checkpoints are too damn far apart and the HUD sucks. It's OK, just not as good as I hoped it would be.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Well it is not Call of Duty material... I will say that playing the game puts me on edge in terms of how it was during the early days of Afghanistan, add in more confusion and they could have nailed it.

I did some stuff while I was there but the game really jazzes stuff up.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

I beat it in about six hours. It's not bad, but Chris is right, it's not quite COD. It's a good first step back into the game for the franchise.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I had plenty of fun when they did Call of Duty 3... a lot more 'green' and more colorful if you ask me. I still need to finish it up but like i said, I enjoyed it.

MOH now is very exciting and I like the fact that you DON"T have to rush through everything, the other operators will wait for you before kicking in a door or whatever. This gives you a chance to look around, take in the nice scenery.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

That level with the Rangers on the side of the mountain with the Taliban running down towards you by the dozens ... that was really cool.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

depluto wrote:That level with the Rangers on the side of the mountain with the Taliban running down towards you by the dozens ... that was really cool.
I think I am 'stuck' right now suppressing a heavy machine gun or two of them. Those f@ckers are popping up all over the place.

I have played a bit of online play as well and find it pretty fun. The Post Exchange (store) here at Fort Huachuca nor the GameStop located ON Fort Huachuca are NOT selling this game... EVER. Fact being you can play as
Al Qaeda/Taliban fighting against U.S. Army Soldiers. I don't see anything wrong with that as there are plenty of places off base that will gladly sell it to you.

But it is fun putting Al Qaeda/Taliban goat-f@ckers in the hurt box with extreme prejudice.

The only thing I see missing so far is any mention of the CIA who had a heavy hand in the early days. It was nothing to meet up with these 'scary dudes' and they had a few million U.S. dollars in a flight bag to pay off Northern Alliance guys to get them to join the fight. If you want to read a pretty good book about how it 'went down', read Horse Soldiers. It doesn't give it all away but gives you more than enough to chew on.

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

I'll look that book up, thanks.

If you get stuck, try to move up closer and sometimes it will trigger a new option for you. I didn't really like the way that worked in the game.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Meh, it's a game... something to tide folks over until Call of Duty: Black Ops comes out but man, those games go at a FRANTIC pace as does multiplayer.

Kino
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by Kino »

I like MOH but it does have a few things I don't care far. I find that everything seems "further away" than in COD. Its much like Bad Company. Its a great game no doubt and I need to work on my multiplayer skills.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Are Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Kain and Lynch 2 worth getting ? (kinda directed towards depluto)

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]

Post by depluto »

Knightt wrote:Are Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Kain and Lynch 2 worth getting ? (kinda directed towards depluto)
Bad Company is more like MOH than COD, but it's not bad. Kane and Lynch is a weird but fun story, very graphic and a ton of shooting. Just mindless action. They're both OK if you can get them cheap.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

depluto wrote:
Knightt wrote:Are Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Kain and Lynch 2 worth getting ? (kinda directed towards depluto)
Bad Company is more like MOH than COD, but it's not bad. Kane and Lynch is a weird but fun story, very graphic and a ton of shooting. Just mindless action. They're both OK if you can get them cheap.
Then wait about a month then... :lol:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I finished MOH a few days ago... it was very touching at the end. While the graphics were not stellar it did have that familiar Afghan 'feel' with all the correct jargon, weapons and ragheads.

The ending was a nice homage to the SOF community and gave me pause to reflect on old friends.