Batman: Arkham Asylum

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Knightt wrote:Well now that I know that there is a 'scene' at the end of Batman: Arkham Asylum, I am going to get to playing it again. I played it for a about 15 minutes last night and actually got out of the rut I was in that made me stop in the first place. Truly the game rocks IMO.
There have quite a few times over the years that I've reached a point in a game that was very hard to overcome. I usually stop playing for a day or two then take another crack it. I can usually beat it the second time around, but sometimes it take another two or three breaks....

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:
Knightt wrote:Well now that I know that there is a 'scene' at the end of Batman: Arkham Asylum, I am going to get to playing it again. I played it for a about 15 minutes last night and actually got out of the rut I was in that made me stop in the first place. Truly the game rocks IMO.
There have quite a few times over the years that I've reached a point in a game that was very hard to overcome. I usually stop playing for a day or two then take another crack it. I can usually beat it the second time around, but sometimes it take another two or three breaks....
true

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I have had two games stop me because they were too damn hard, both of which I eventually returned to. I simply didn't want to lose my mind or break my system, so I took loooooong cool down periods. One was The 7th Saga (not a great game) and the other was Breath of Fire 2(a very frustrating game early on but which becomes a truly great experience).

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

One of the hardest games to get 100% on for me was the N64 Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire. Man, getting all of the Jedi points was almost off the chart. Just about gave up on that because it was so frustrating.

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

I will make a confession... I've been trying to beat the last boss in Heavenly Sword for the PS3 for like ummm years.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Knightt wrote:I will make a confession... I've been trying to beat the last boss in Heavenly Sword for the PS3 for like ummm years.
Heavenly Sword is still to this day hands down one of the best looking PS3 games made (and it was a launch title). It's so sad that the game will never get a trophy patch or a sequel. Great, great game.

Imagine a sequel by the same design team, with at 60fps and the most up to date design tools.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

I believe it would be spectacular with the new technology. I would hope that Andy Serkis would reprise his role as acting director AND portray a few characters in the game.

Damn, you can guess whats popping up on my PS3 tonight.

(sidenote: IF I can break away from Batman: Arkham Asylum... wow, I am SO back into that game and that is something as I just bought new DLC for Mass Effect 2, Borderlands and Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation (really good game as well)

I hope to get my honey-do list done before the weekend so I can duke it out on the big screen in my bedroom against the forces of evil.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Holy crap, speak of the devil.

Heavenly Sword 2

Buddy at work just sent me this link...

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Sure would be nice... could be a while though. I know their new game is getting quite the treatment AND I believe Andy Serkis is working on this game as well.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

David, I suck.... I've said I would get this out to you and I have not. I've been trying to find time to finish it but just never got there. I am thinking about picking up the game of the year edition to play it in 3D, so when I pick that up (my brother-in-law gave me a $50 gift certificate for GameStop), I will package up the Prestige (?) edition that comes with the game, leatherbound journal, batarang on stand and bat shaped storage box (over $100 price tag when I got it). Not sure how to ship it but I will figure it out. I know that Batman #2 is coming out relatively soon but I really want to finish this one but to make up for the UNtimeliness of me getting this to you, I will send you the maxed out version. I HOPE that will make up for this.

:hope:

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

OK, I've picked up Batman: AA Game of the Year Edition (3-D) and have the Limited Edition ready for shipping... just need yer address David !!!

(btw, the Game of the Year edition is 'ok'... but it DOES have new achievements... and made me start a new game. Not thrilled with that but at least I can go back and try to go after more Riddler trophies and other stuff). I still have my regular edition saves so MAYBE I can revisit those again in the future. Doubtful but they are at least still there.

David_Cody
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
One of few who have a circa 1993 Valiant tattoo
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O 14
Favorite character: Sting
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by David_Cody »

Looking forward to it. :thumb: