What video game are you currently playing?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Daniel Jackson
A toast to the return of Valiant!
Re: What video game are you currently playing?

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Just starting Metal Gear Solid V. So far the graphics and gameplay are very impressive. I wish Fallout 4 had used this same Fox engine. I think more people would still be playing it.

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

Final Fantasy 4, 12, 10, 14 & 15

Super Mario RPG

Witcher 3

Nier: Automata

Mostly it has been the FF series, though.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Daniel Jackson wrote:Just starting Metal Gear Solid V. So far the graphics and gameplay are very impressive. I wish Fallout 4 had used this same Fox engine. I think more people would still be playing it.
Game engines have become more and more important as time has gone on. Take a look at my favorite series, Final Fantasy.

The "Crystal Graphics" engine they used for the 13 trilogy and the original version of 14 was quite impressive but not suited to online gaming or any DLC content of any sort.

The current "Luminous Studio" used for 15 and which aspects of an early build were used for the relaunch of 14, is far better. Greater levels of light sourcing, higher frame rate, details not being lost when action gets heavy, ect.

Unreal has always had a good engine but sometimes looks a little plastic if the developers are lazy. And the worst part is when developers are so lazy they basically just put new skins on what might as well be another "Unreal" game instead of using it for the physics of the game.

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

xodacia81 wrote:Final Fantasy 4, 12, 10, 14 & 15

Super Mario RPG

Witcher 3

I played the demo of Nier: Automata. Loved it. I'll wait until the price drops or it's free, but I'm definitely going to play it. It's not like I don't have enough games sitting on my PS$ hard drive. I actually had to buy an external because I recently filled up a 2TB internal. I have 10TB total now, so hopefully that will last the rest of its lifespan.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

lorddunlow wrote:

Super Mario RPG

Witcher 3

I played the demo of Nier: Automata. Loved it. I'll wait until the price drops or it's free, but I'm definitely going to play it. It's not like I don't have enough games sitting on my PS$ hard drive. I actually had to buy an external because I recently filled up a 2TB internal. I have 10TB total now, so hopefully that will last the rest of its lifespan.
One would hope. Is it a Pro or regular? I have a slim and going to get an external so I can buy more games.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

xodacia81 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:

Super Mario RPG

Witcher 3

One would hope. Is it a Pro or regular? I have a slim and going to get an external so I can buy more games.
Regular ps4.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

Fired up Uncharted Nathan Drake collection. I own the original 3 games so having the remaster is a bit pointless. The only real reason I have it is that it came with the PS4. Either way running through it.

Keith
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Timewalker
Favorite title: FVLs Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: FVL

Post by Keith »

I finished up South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Not the most challenging of games at the default difficulty, but this is a must play if you consider yourself somewhat of a South Park fan. Hysterical stuff that calls back to many, many, seasons prior. All in all a game well done!
Good Morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it in...

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I've been wasting major time on the Kingdom Hearts mobile game. Very addictive. I was surprised that the story had a huge reveal about a major character in the series. Like a major mystery revealed in this little mobile game. I'm enjoying it immensely.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Well I bought an Xbox 360 so I'm now catching up on games I've missed out on by only owning a Playstation of some kind.

lorddunlow

Post by lorddunlow »

I'm about 12 billion hours into Zelda Breath of the Wild. Really love this game. Definitely not my favorite of the series, but I really enjoy it.

I am at the final battle and I'm cleaning up side quests and shrines. Only 4 shrines left (which is going to be a pain in the *SQUEE* needle-in-haystack task as the map is HUUUUUUGE) and 7 side quests. Not sure if I'm going to find all 900 Koroks or upgrade all the armor, but I'm very close to being done with this game.

I wish there were more actual dungeons and less shrines.

I still hate that weapons break.

Other than that, a very enjoyable game.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

Been killing some wee time (and mudafuggas! :lol: ) finishing the first 5 Samurai Shodown games. I have yet to finish "SSV Special", but whatever, that game is just the fifth with better and more balanced gameplay and a few extra joes and janes to beat. Not that much of a story or anything.

I have been playing this franchise for about 13 years, but this was the first time I actually "tried hard" to finish the damn games. :D

My thoughts on each one:

SS: Classic, hard as f*ck to beat the CPU if its in a bad mood, but one hell of a game. Damn good. After level 5, its really a "coin eater", due to its arcade origin.
Only con is the limited cast (no Genjuro :| ), and maybe the small list of moves, cept for Hanzo. This was the only game where I did not use Genjuro, but "Iaijutsu Master" Ukyo instead. I want to finish the franchise with this guy also, over the years he's the character I go to for a Genjuro break.

SS2: I am pretty sure that I mentioned this game as one of my top 10 ever, at some point. Amazing cast, playability, the same REALLY hard to beat CPU, AND my man Genjuro's debut! :high-five:

SS3: Everything looks great, fantastic actually but its not a game that "stays", its unbalanced, and by that I do mean it literally. Some characters are just waaaaaaaay better than others, a shame given the fact that both of the first 2 were/are known for balanced gameplay, you can finish the game if you are good with any character. Here, some character's 3 slashes without blocking will kill you, in secs. Also, while button layout is cool and "easier", it does not feel as much tactical and well, hard.
But the game is beautiful to look at, and it brings some cool brand new faces, despite omiting somne really good characters from SS and SSII.

SSIV: Lots of characters, two of them actually awesome (the protagonists, Kazuki and Sogetsu), return of old faces, easy peasy to finish and the "easy" gameplay again. I like it, but like its predecessor, falls short in places. I had no motivation to fight yet again the same bosses.

SSV: I played this on MAME (JP version) so storywise, I am clueless. The roster is really cool (Rurouni Kenshin's author designed some of the new faces) and the final boss is a tough SOB, but manageable, at least with Gen the Man. Its a cool game, but by then , the magic of the series had sunk a bit, I so much prefer getting my *SQUEE* kicked fair and square in the first 2 games, than making the final credits of the later ones.

I have to try VI, but since its a non-canon sort of game, I am not that excited or anything.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Brother Darque

Post by Brother Darque »

I got Octopath Traveler for the switch.

I'm really digging it.

Its the game that made me want to buy a Nintendo switch.

Shadowman99
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Brother Darque wrote:I got Octopath Traveler for the switch.

I'm really digging it.

I saw a trailer or two for this game, looks like it might be very good :) But I'm not buying a Switch just for this one :p
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Daniel Jackson

Post by Daniel Jackson »

Just finished Metro Redux for Xbox One. I had played the second game, but never got around to playing the first installment. Both were fun games, but the first one had a few levels that were a little frustrating, especially the trolley car levels. Definitely worth picking up (especially at under 20 bucks) if you're going to be playing the new installment coming out next year.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

ShadowTuga wrote:Been killing some wee time (and mudafuggas! :lol: ) finishing the first 5 Samurai Shodown games. I have yet to finish "SSV Special", but whatever, that game is just the fifth with better and more balanced gameplay and a few extra joes and janes to beat. Not that much of a story or anything.

I have been playing this franchise for about 13 years, but this was the first time I actually "tried hard" to finish the damn games. :D

My thoughts on each one:

SS: Classic, hard as f*ck to beat the CPU if its in a bad mood, but one hell of a game. Damn good. After level 5, its really a "coin eater", due to its arcade origin.
Only con is the limited cast (no Genjuro :| ), and maybe the small list of moves, cept for Hanzo. This was the only game where I did not use Genjuro, but "Iaijutsu Master" Ukyo instead. I want to finish the franchise with this guy also, over the years he's the character I go to for a Genjuro break.

SS2: I am pretty sure that I mentioned this game as one of my top 10 ever, at some point. Amazing cast, playability, the same REALLY hard to beat CPU, AND my man Genjuro's debut! :high-five:

SS3: Everything looks great, fantastic actually but its not a game that "stays", its unbalanced, and by that I do mean it literally. Some characters are just waaaaaaaay better than others, a shame given the fact that both of the first 2 were/are known for balanced gameplay, you can finish the game if you are good with any character. Here, some character's 3 slashes without blocking will kill you, in secs. Also, while button layout is cool and "easier", it does not feel as much tactical and well, hard.
But the game is beautiful to look at, and it brings some cool brand new faces, despite omiting somne really good characters from SS and SSII.

SSIV: Lots of characters, two of them actually awesome (the protagonists, Kazuki and Sogetsu), return of old faces, easy peasy to finish and the "easy" gameplay again. I like it, but like its predecessor, falls short in places. I had no motivation to fight yet again the same bosses.

SSV: I played this on MAME (JP version) so storywise, I am clueless. The roster is really cool (Rurouni Kenshin's author designed some of the new faces) and the final boss is a tough SOB, but manageable, at least with Gen the Man. Its a cool game, but by then , the magic of the series had sunk a bit, I so much prefer getting my *SQUEE* kicked fair and square in the first 2 games, than making the final credits of the later ones.

I have to try VI, but since its a non-canon sort of game, I am not that excited or anything.
Hey Tuga, check this out: :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKoZb1sv64

Dudes, NEW Samurai Spirits for PS4!!!!! :o :o :o
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Brother Darque

Post by Brother Darque »

Shadowman99 wrote:
Brother Darque wrote:I got Octopath Traveler for the switch.

I'm really digging it.

I saw a trailer or two for this game, looks like it might be very good :) But I'm not buying a Switch just for this one :p
I also forgot to mention that i also bought a switch because i saw what they where putting on the E shop for the switch.

Beware Cyclops

Post by Beware Cyclops »

Currently playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey via Google's 'Project Stream'.

https://projectstream.google.com/aco/signup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

betterthanezra
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Wanna see an unpublished Shadowman page?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart

Post by betterthanezra »

I'm currently loving Assassins Creed Odyssey I mean this game is amazing and engrossing

-Brian
I'm on Twitter follow me

https://twitter.com/#!/shadowsip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My Valiant story here

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Having fun banging around on a Nintendo NES mini for a bit :)
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nectarsis
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me
Favorite character: Magnus Robot Fighter
Favorite title: Magnus Robot Fighter

Post by nectarsis »

Salt & Sanctuary (Vita)

Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete. (PS4)

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Been doing a big replay of all the Kingdom Hearts games. While I own original copies of the games I am using the PS4 collection 1.5 + 2.5. You can tell as a player the difference in generations when it comes to game play. You can rip through a good chunk of these games in no time flat compared to when a guy was growing up and it felt like it took ages.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

The great Kingdom Hearts playthrough is officially on hold after 2.5. Grinding it out to get that secret ending beating the bosses and side quests was a pain mentally. So it's off to Injustice 2.

Shadowman99
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Shadowman99 »

Five hours into Disgaea: Hour of Darkness on the PS2, the glorious timesink that this game is :clap:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Been playing Injustice 2 and I'm quickly reminded that while I've always loved fighting games I *SQUEE* suck at them. Like holy. Also Injustice 2 isn't really a great game. The story mode is fantastic but otherwise it's pretty bad. Absolutely riddled with micro transactions. While not pay to win it's still pretty bad, as gear is completely random and endless pretty much so if you want a specific set like Wonder Womans movie look, good luck either get good when the Multiverse fight comes around to unlock or pray to RGNjesus to give it to you.