ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Mar 19, 2019 5:07:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:21:27 am 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
dornwolf wrote:
Been playing Injustice 2 and I'm quickly reminded that while I've always loved fighting games I *SQUEE* suck at them. Like holy. Also Injustice 2 isn't really a great game. The story mode is fantastic but otherwise it's pretty bad. Absolutely riddled with micro transactions. While not pay to win it's still pretty bad, as gear is completely random and endless pretty much so if you want a specific set like Wonder Womans movie look, good luck either get good when the Multiverse fight comes around to unlock or pray to RGNjesus to give it to you.

I'm the same, I've loved fighters since I first put my hands on a Sega controller, but I'm really not all that great at them. In fairness, I've developed some fairly mean Tekken skills through hours and hours of play over the years, but any other game I'm totally pants at. I just don't have the reactions for most of the others, and I literally can't seem to move my thumbs fast enough, or with enough dexterity, to do a lot of the special moves in other games, which is a shame when I'd probably otherwise enjoy them.

I don't lose sleep over it though. I just put Tekken back in the console :thumb:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
  Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26:54 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Been playing Injustice 2 and I'm quickly reminded that while I've always loved fighting games I *SQUEE* suck at them. Like holy. Also Injustice 2 isn't really a great game. The story mode is fantastic but otherwise it's pretty bad. Absolutely riddled with micro transactions. While not pay to win it's still pretty bad, as gear is completely random and endless pretty much so if you want a specific set like Wonder Womans movie look, good luck either get good when the Multiverse fight comes around to unlock or pray to RGNjesus to give it to you.

I'm the same, I've loved fighters since I first put my hands on a Sega controller, but I'm really not all that great at them. In fairness, I've developed some fairly mean Tekken skills through hours and hours of play over the years, but any other game I'm totally pants at. I just don't have the reactions for most of the others, and I literally can't seem to move my thumbs fast enough, or with enough dexterity, to do a lot of the special moves in other games, which is a shame when I'd probably otherwise enjoy them.

I don't lose sleep over it though. I just put Tekken back in the console :thumb:

I own Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 on game gear. I have never actually beaten one or pulled off a fatality in any mortal kombat game.

Also speaking of fighting games and game gear, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the best fighting game also had a movie version.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:01:50 am 

Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
dornwolf wrote:
Shadowman99 wrote:
dornwolf wrote:

I own Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 on game gear. I have never actually beaten one or pulled off a fatality in any mortal kombat game.

Also speaking of fighting games and game gear, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the best fighting game also had a movie version.

Oh man, the difficulty level in MKII... MKI is beatable, no doubt, even by casual players, but the difficulty of MKII even on easiest setting is absolutely mental once you get to about stage 5 and six... I've never beaten it that's for sure. There's an interesting video out on youtube somewhere called 'how to manipulate the AI in MK' or something like that, and it shows you how to do just that... But when you have to spam cheap moves whilst manipulating the ai in such a way really can't make for a rewarding victory at the best of times facepalm So I wouldn't worry about not being able to beat that one if I were you, it's infamous amongst gaming circles for being basically unbeatable. Oh, and I'd recommend doing an uppercut on the 'Pit' stage when prompted to 'Finish Him!' - at least you'll have finally pulled off a fatality :p (works on Megadrive anyway, don't know about Game Gear).

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2753 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111