Virgin - Issues List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Draco
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question
Re: Virgin - Issues List

Post by Draco »

No idea how many i need now, gonna check this list against what i have and see what trades i have mixed up against what is on there too.

I think there are a few errors still.
I havent taken a wants list to a show this year, but have grabbed a few i needed by sheer luck.
Most are impossible to get over here now. Might even have to start filing gaps at £2.00 each or more, which is not really something im happy to do, so this may take some time.

Still the one i want to complete the most.

:thumb:
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Draco

Post by Draco »

Draco wrote:No idea how many i need now, gonna check this list against what i have and see what trades i have mixed up against what is on there too.

I think there are a few errors still.
I havent taken a wants list to a show this year, but have grabbed a few i needed by sheer luck.
Most are impossible to get over here now. Might even have to start filing gaps at £2.00 each or more, which is not really something im happy to do, so this may take some time.

Still the one i want to complete the most.

Still chipping away from my list and snagged another two issues last week.

I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

Chipping Away At Your Virgin? :o :lol:
Everybody Is Right Until Someone Else Disagrees.

Draco

Post by Draco »

BruceReville wrote:Chipping Away At Your Virgin? :o :lol:

You have to take your time over these delicate things :)

Draco

Post by Draco »

Struggling to find photo reference for some of the previews and covers on gamekeeper vol 1.
What do people use for finding covers other than ebay now?
Been so long since I had time to do anything other than work, finally getting back to my DU master wants lists has been so much fun, yet infuriating also at the same time :)
cheers

jeremycoe
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
I like spidey-butt and I can not lie
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)

Post by jeremycoe »

Draco wrote:Struggling to find photo reference for some of the previews and covers on gamekeeper vol 1.
Been so long since I had time to do anything other than work, finally getting back to my DU master wants lists has been so much fun, yet infuriating also at the same time :)
cheers

comicbookdb.com is pretty good for finding cover images.
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.

Draco

Post by Draco »

jeremycoe wrote:
Draco wrote:Struggling to find photo reference for some of the previews and covers on gamekeeper vol 1.
cheers

The site seems down, so any others lol
cheers

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

Draco wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
cheers

cheers
My go to for checking these lists was always using both mycomicshop.com and milehighcomics.com to make sure certain issues actually exist.

Draco

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
Draco wrote:
jeremycoe wrote:
cheers

cheers
My go to for checking these lists was always using both mycomicshop.com and milehighcomics.com to make sure certain issues actually exist.
Good call dude, also wanted to pick your brains about some underground pricing or where best to source the info.
I have two nice boxes of differing aged underground lots and not sure where to begin other than ebay listings and sold listing :)

cheers

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Draco wrote: Good call dude, also wanted to pick your brains about some underground pricing or where best to source the info.
I have two nice boxes of differing aged underground lots and not sure where to begin other than ebay listings and sold listing :)

cheers
Here's an excellent page if you need to determine what printing you have of an underground that was reprinted repeatedly.

http://www.ugcomix.info/guide/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as pricing, I think that completed eBay listings are usually a big help, there are underground comix price guides, but many of them are fairly out of date. However, if something is truly obscure, they may not be completed listings to look at.

Not sure if you have quite a few British Undergrounds, but there's a Facebook group specializing in them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248876381791298/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Draco

Post by Draco »

Brother J wrote:
Draco wrote: Good call dude, also wanted to pick your brains about some underground pricing or where best to source the info.

cheers
Here's an excellent page if you need to determine what printing you have of an underground that was reprinted repeatedly.

http://www.ugcomix.info/guide/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As far as pricing, I think that completed eBay listings are usually a big help, there are underground comix price guides, but many of them are fairly out of date. However, if something is truly obscure, they may not be completed listings to look at.

Not sure if you have quite a few British Undergrounds, but there's a Facebook group specializing in them:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/248876381791298/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is why I asked you dude :)

Most appreciated

cheers