Comico - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

oh no no no no no I am not !!!! :lol:

Really... I'm not.

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

dac55 wrote:
Knightt wrote:Depends on what they are buddy... I am not collecting EVERY title as there was some silly crap that they produced. :lol:
Oh come on Knightt I know you are dieing to get these Gunby books I got. :lol: :lol:

David
I take offense, those Gumby books are real good, you should be reading the new Gumby series, as well.

(Ok, I don't actually take offense, but Gumby is a good read! :thumb: )

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Oh I'd believe that when I see it.... but I would be very hard pressed to get into these books.

Gumby ?

Rocket2600
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by Rocket2600 »

The Gumby in 3D from Blachthorne is a HTF series also. :wink:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Knightt wrote:Oh I'd believe that when I see it.... but I would be very hard pressed to get into these books.

Gumby ?
It's written by Bob Burden (Flaming Carrot) so it's a little on the strange side (nowhere near as strange as the Carrot, though). The first issue is drawn by Art Adams, I really liked his work at the time.

I think it's a real good kids comic and that adults will also enjoy it as a light hearted read. Nothing deep but very good, IMO.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Brother J wrote:
Knightt wrote:Oh I'd believe that when I see it.... but I would be very hard pressed to get into these books.

Gumby ?
It's written by Bob Burden (Flaming Carrot) so it's a little on the strange side (nowhere near as strange as the Carrot, though). The first issue is drawn by Art Adams, I really liked his work at the time.

I think it's a real good kids comic and that adults will also enjoy it as a light hearted read. Nothing deep but very good, IMO.
Brother J thats one of the thing I really like about you. You have a world of Info. I havent seen anything that you dont know something about it. :thumb:

David

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

dac55 wrote:
Brother J wrote:

Gumby ?

Brother J thats one of the thing I really like about you. You have a world of Info. I havent seen anything that you dont know something about it. :thumb:

David
ah, I might not go that far, but I think I can hold my own when it comes to 80's and early 90's comics as that was the time I was heavily into them and I also worked at a comic shop. Comico was of special interest to me as I thought they made a great line of books and I thought the editorials for the company kind of made you feel like you were part of an in crowd. Add to that was the fact that I wasn't far from where Comico was located (Norristown, PA) and I would say I stuck with Comico longer than a lot of folks. I collected all three of the Robotech comics until the end. Not sure why, if you watched the TV show, you knew how the stories ended. Wish I still had all of those, some of the later issues must have had miniscule print runs.

MedicAR
...formerly MagnusRF
...formerly MagnusRF

Post by MedicAR »

Gumby, huh? :hm:

Ok, but only if my LCS has it, I'm not going to eBay looking for this.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

MagnusRF wrote:Gumby, huh? :hm:

Ok, but only if my LCS has it, I'm not going to eBay looking for this.
make sure you get the "Summer Fun Special" if you're looking for the Art Adams art. There is also a "Winter Fun Special" still written by Bob Burden but with a different artist. (I'm thinking Rick Geary, but don't hold me to it).

JohnnyRnR
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Post by JohnnyRnR »

That makes sense. I was wondering why the Gumby birthday thing at SDCC was at Burden's booth. He's so badass. And/or completely insane.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

JohnnyRnR wrote:That makes sense. I was wondering why the Gumby birthday thing at SDCC was at Burden's booth. He's so badass. And/or completely insane.
I spent several hours of the con standing in front of that booth because the security people were getting paranoid about all the people standing in front of the [adult swim] booth.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

These are some of the comico books I'm looking for. Cheap guys they arent wort that much.
Comico
Elementals 6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
Elementals Special 2
Justic Machine 10,11,12,13,18 on
Star Blazers 3,4 of a four part mini not the 5 part one.

Argo Press
Star Blazers
0,1A, 10,11

David

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

dac55 wrote:These are some of the comico books I'm looking for. Cheap guys they arent wort that much.
Comico
Elementals Special 2

Argo Press
Star Blazers
0,1A, 10,11

David
Hey, you're collecting the same stuff as me! :thumb:

I assume the Elementals you're looking for are Volume 1? Do you have Volume 2, they're a lot tougher.

I also collect the Argo Press Star Blazers comics. I grew up a big Star Blazers fan, so I have almost every Star Blazers comic made. Do you have the comic albums that use the actual animated art from the series?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Out of the Comico books I only collect Justice Machine and Elementals.

I was very surprised to find that Justice Machine actually goes back a long ways, I think from Nobel Comics to Comico Comics and then onto Innovation Comics. I think I am just about done with my Justice Machine and Hero Alliance collection and look forward to reading these books.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Brother J wrote:
dac55 wrote:These are some of the comico books I'm looking for. Cheap guys they arent wort that much.
Comico
Elementals Special 2

Argo Press
Star Blazers
0,1A, 10,11

David
Hey, you're collecting the same stuff as me! :thumb:

I assume the Elementals you're looking for are Volume 1? Do you have Volume 2, they're a lot tougher.

I also collect the Argo Press Star Blazers comics. I grew up a big Star Blazers fan, so I have almost every Star Blazers comic made. Do you have the comic albums that use the actual animated art from the series?
If you are talking about the one that says. :thumb:

W.C.C.Animation Comics. Than yes I have some. I dont know how many there are? I have Vol. 1,2,3,4,5. If there are more please let me know. I bought them off of a fellow board member. He gave me a price I just could'nt belive had to have them. I dident even know about them. Do you have the ashcan to the Argo Press I found one and I thought I was realy lucky. I love the Star Blazer Cartoon. Man I wished I could aford the DVDs. And Brother J I have now looked at my Comico books in awhile so I really dont know what I have for sure. I need to do that with end the next few days. Befor I start getting all the offers to buy them. :lol: :lol:

David

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Knightt wrote:Out of the Comico books I only collect Justice Machine and Elementals.

I was very surprised to find that Justice Machine actually goes back a long ways, I think from Nobel Comics to Comico Comics and then onto Innovation Comics. I think I am just about done with my Justice Machine and Hero Alliance collection and look forward to reading these books.
I realy like those two books Knight. I think there about the only one that have cross overs. I need to check my list because it might not be right. I have some of the Comico ones of the Justice Machine and Elementals and I think 1 of the J.M. frome Millennium. Have you ever read any of the Hero Alliance By Innovation?

David

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Knightt wrote:Out of the Comico books I only collect Justice Machine and Elementals.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Jay Tomio wrote:Does anyone hapen to have have a nice copy of Robotech (Macross Saga)#1?
Here's one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-1-Robotech- ... dZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-1-Robotech- ... dZViewItem

David
Last edited by dac55 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:54:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dac55
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!

Post by dac55 »

Knightt wrote:

Sorry buddy I missed it when I read your post. :oops:

David

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

:thumb:

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

dac55 wrote: If you are talking about the one that says. :thumb:

W.C.C.Animation Comics. Than yes I have some. I dont know how many there are? I have Vol. 1,2,3,4,5. If there are more please let me know. I bought them off of a fellow board member. He gave me a price I just could'nt belive had to have them. I dident even know about them. Do you have the ashcan to the Argo Press I found one and I thought I was realy lucky. I love the Star Blazer Cartoon. Man I wished I could aford the DVDs. And Brother J I have now looked at my Comico books in awhile so I really dont know what I have for sure. I need to do that with end the next few days. Befor I start getting all the offers to buy them. :lol: :lol:

David
yep, the W.C.C books. I think there are only five. Good stuff!

Don't have the Argo Star Blazers ashcan, I'll have to add that to my list.

I'd love to pick up Star Blazers on DVD, but they are very steep. As far as the show itself, as cool as Desslok was, I think I prefer the Comet Empire series. Much darker. Kind of like how a lot of people prefer Empire Strikes Back to the other Star Wars movies.

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

Jay Tomio wrote:Yeah, I think it's this one:

I got one. 8-)

ZephyrWasHOT!!
Chief of the Dia Tribe
Chief of the Dia Tribe

Post by ZephyrWasHOT!! »

Brother J wrote:
dac55 wrote:
Knightt wrote:Depends on what they are buddy... I am not collecting EVERY title as there was some silly crap that they produced. :lol:
Oh come on Knightt I know you are dieing to get these Gunby books I got. :lol: :lol:

David
I take offense, those Gumby books are real good, you should be reading the new Gumby series, as well.

(Ok, I don't actually take offense, but Gumby is a good read! :thumb: )
But more importantly...it's ART ADAMS art!

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Elementals (Vol. 1) #1-29 with Special #1 & 2
Elementals (Vol. 2) #1-26
I have a chance to get these at .50 each. Are they worth it?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

jedimarley wrote:
Elementals (Vol. 1) #1-29 with Special #1 & 2
Elementals (Vol. 2) #1-26
I have a chance to get these at .50 each. Are they worth it?
Yes, IMO... To get the whole vol 1 and 2 at that price is pretty good. Now, I would go after Next Man and Justice Machine at those prices as well if given the chance.

Does anyone know for sure if that is the whole common run on these ?