Milestone - Issue List

Quick access to the checklists for each of the Dead Universes that have been compiled.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Brother J
Just trying to be self-deprecating

Post by Brother J »

BUMP this up since it slipped to the second page... :thumb:

leonmallett
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...

Post by leonmallett »

Another platinum added. Also the last of the Blood Syndicate regular books (it has taken me a long time to track an issue of 32 that didn't seem overpriced - it seemed unavailable in the UK). Also picked up the Shadow War preview. I now believe I am so nearly there. Need to get my box out and check against the list Brother J posted.

I think once the number 1's are in place for the first four titles then I am hunting the two listed alternatives for Hardware 16 and 17 and the last remaining plainum.

Brother J (or anyone), do you have an image for the Hardware 1, alternate signed cover?
VEI - I look forward to you one day publishing MORE than 9-10 books per month

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

leonmallett wrote: Brother J (or anyone), do you have an image for the Hardware 1, alternate signed cover?
I want to remove the Hardware #1 alternate signed cover from the checklist. I believe the problem is Mile High has an error in their listings and I passed along the error. They picture the newsstand edition with the same picture as the direct edition, while then they picture a different cover and call it a Newsstand signed edition. I believe the book I thought was an exclusive cover for the signed edition is actually just the newsstand copy. Here's the picture of the newsstand edition (signed):

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Brother J wrote:
leonmallett wrote: Brother J (or anyone), do you have an image for the Hardware 1, alternate signed cover?
I want to remove the Hardware #1 alternate signed cover from the checklist. I believe the problem is Mile High has an error in their listings and I passed along the error. They picture the newsstand edition with the same picture as the direct edition, while then they picture a different cover and call it a Newsstand signed edition. I believe the book I thought was an exclusive cover for the signed edition is actually just the newsstand copy. Here's the picture of the newsstand edition (signed):

Thanks. :thumb:

Now to grab that box...

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

leonmallett wrote:Another platinum added. Also the last of the Blood Syndicate regular books (it has taken me a long time to track an issue of 32 that didn't seem overpriced - it seemed unavailable in the UK). Also picked up the Shadow War preview. I now believe I am so nearly there. Need to get my box out and check against the list Brother J posted.

I think once the number 1's are in place for the first four titles then I am hunting the two listed alternatives for Hardware 16 and 17 and the last remaining plainum.

Brother J (or anyone), do you have an image for the Hardware 1, alternate signed cover?
6 books to go: the Icon, Bllod Syndicate and Hardware newstand #1's, the Hardware 16 non-gatefold cover and the Hardware 17 2nd print (?!? - the 90's were crazy, weren't they :lol: ), the last of the platinums. Plus two of the regular books to upgrade. I am nearly there.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

leonmallett wrote:
leonmallett wrote:Another platinum added. Also the last of the Blood Syndicate regular books (it has taken me a long time to track an issue of 32 that didn't seem overpriced - it seemed unavailable in the UK). Also picked up the Shadow War preview. I now believe I am so nearly there. Need to get my box out and check against the list Brother J posted.

6 books to go: the Icon, Bllod Syndicate and Hardware newstand #1's, the Hardware 16 non-gatefold cover and the Hardware 17 2nd print (?!? - the 90's were crazy, weren't they :lol: ), the last of the platinums. Plus two of the regular books to upgrade. I am nearly there.
y'know, the funny thing is I'm helping you with info on these books, yet, other than a complete run of Static, plus a Hardware platinum or two, I don't have the other Milestone books. I never really came across a nice selection of these in bargain bins. The only reason I have the Static complete set is that I won it in an eBay auction at a good price. I'm keeping what I have, though. I do like these books.

Lightning Strike
Silent from '04 to '07, then he strikes!

Post by Lightning Strike »

I'm having trouble finding some of these myself. And I just went to a con yesterday. Found some decent Valiants, Defiant and Broadway, but no Milestone. :(

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Brother J wrote:
leonmallett wrote:

y'know, the funny thing is I'm helping you with info on these books, yet, other than a complete run of Static, plus a Hardware platinum or two, I don't have the other Milestone books. I never really came across a nice selection of these in bargain bins. The only reason I have the Static complete set is that I won it in an eBay auction at a good price. I'm keeping what I have, though. I do like these books.
Should we add World's Collide to the list? And what about the DC tie in books....

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

leonmallett wrote:
Brother J wrote:
leonmallett wrote:

Should we add World's Collide to the list? And what about the DC tie in books....
Yep, definitely add Worlds Collide, that one slipped by me because Mile High didn't have it listed with the Milestone books. There's a couple variants, as well:

#1 Regular Direct edition, comes polybagged. I might be mistaken, but I think this issue has those "Colorform" type stickers that can be placed on the cover once you open the bag.

#1 Newsstand edition, not bagged, no stickers, UPC code.

#1 Platinum edition

EDIT: I'll have to do some digging to see if I can figure out which DC books crossover. I think I saw one before and it had the Milestone logo, so it's something I would probably add, but that's just my opinion.

Brother J

Post by Brother J »

Here's the chapters of Worlds Collide, stolen from Wikipedia:

Part 1 - Superman: Man of Steel #35
Part 2 - Hardware #17
Part 3 - Superboy #6
Part 4 - Icon #15
Part 5 - Steel #6
Part 6 - Blood Syndicate #16
Part 7 - Worlds Collide #1
Part 8 - Superboy #7
Part 9 - Hardware #18
Part 10 - Superman: Man of Steel #36
Part 12 - Steel #7
Part 13 - Blood Syndicate #17
Part 14 - Static #14

So here's what I'll add to the checklist:

Steel #6, 7
Superboy #6, 7
Superman: Man of Steel #35, 36

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

Brother J wrote:Here's the chapters of Worlds Collide, stolen from Wikipedia:

Part 1 - Superman: Man of Steel #35
Part 2 - Hardware #17
Part 3 - Superboy #6
Part 4 - Icon #15
Part 5 - Steel #6
Part 6 - Blood Syndicate #16
Part 7 - Worlds Collide #1
Part 8 - Superboy #7
Part 9 - Hardware #18
Part 10 - Superman: Man of Steel #36
Part 12 - Steel #7
Part 13 - Blood Syndicate #17
Part 14 - Static #14

So here's what I'll add to the checklist:

Steel #6, 7
Superboy #6, 7
Superman: Man of Steel #35, 36
Cool. Great work. :thumb:

Matt Wayne (a Milestone writer and editor) alerted me to the World's Collide platinum this morning. This list is growing. :!: :lol:

Lightning Strike

leonmallett wrote:
Brother J wrote:
leonmallett wrote:

I agree, they should definitely be added

slym2none
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

Anyone needing a good run of Blood Syndicate? Around 50 cents each at this auction...

http://tinyurl.com/28vk9w

-slym

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

slym2none wrote:Anyone needing a good run of Blood Syndicate? Around 50 cents each at this auction...

http://tinyurl.com/28vk9w

-slym
I would really recommend the book. I loved the Chrisscross art when he took over and Velez wrote about a group of disaparate and at times unlikable characters with powers (basically like an anti-New teen Titans or anti-X-Men). The weakest story was toward the end involving Chinese mythology, but that aside great stuff. Recommended. :thumb:

slym2none

Post by slym2none »

This same seller has a run of "Icon" as well...

And I remember, Blood Syndicate was the only Milestone title I really liked...

:wink:

-slym (seems to like team books)

leonmallett

Post by leonmallett »

slym2none wrote:This same seller has a run of "Icon" as well...

And I remember, Blood Syndicate was the only Milestone title I really liked...

:wink:

-slym (seems to like team books)
Did you give Xombi a try?

All of the regular titles were worth reading in my view, although Kobalt was certainly the weakest. Some of the minis were great as well (and possibly a little more scarce - Deathwish is dark, Wise Son is nothing like a superhero tale, My Name is Holocaust is a about a bad man being bad - all good).

X-O HoboJoe
Bradley is not unsupervised anymore.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Shadowman

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

I dug out copies of Xombi Plat., Hardware Plat., Static Plat., and Worlds Collide Plat..

Anyone want them for $20 shipped in the US?

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

X-O HoboJoe wrote:I dug out copies of Xombi Plat., Hardware Plat., Static Plat., and Worlds Collide Plat..

Yeah, me.

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

depluto wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:I dug out copies of Xombi Plat., Hardware Plat., Static Plat., and Worlds Collide Plat..

Yeah, me.
Sold! To the DU junkie in the South-East corner! :thumb:

depluto
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes

Post by depluto »

Another touching board moment!

X-O HoboJoe

Post by X-O HoboJoe »

depluto wrote:Another touching board moment!
You told me to stop touching you.

Lightning Strike

depluto wrote:

Yeah, me.
Ah crud, I always come in late on this stuff :(

Lightning Strike

X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot. Now I got that song "I touch myself" by Blondie in my head. :oops:

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Lightning Strike wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot. Now I got that song "I touch myself" by <strike>Blondie</strike> in my head. :oops:
The Divinyls

Lightning Strike

Chiclo wrote:
Lightning Strike wrote:
X-O HoboJoe wrote:
Oh, thanks a lot. Now I got that song "I touch myself" by <strike>Blondie</strike> in my head. :oops:
The Divinyls
Yeah, them :wink: