ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Newest Books |
It is currently Nov 13, 2018 8:43:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26:18 pm 
Master of the Dead Universes
Master of the Dead Universes
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:38:46 am
Posts: 14063
I resisted... and failed.

I have over 25 of various issues now and can only think, 'MAN, I can't wait to read these'.

:!: and at the same time :thumb:


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:10:26 pm 
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07:56 pm
Posts: 4077
Location: Woods of Southeastern NC
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
Knightt wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Also the 9/11 book for a Static short story possibly needs inclusion.


I didnt know that there was one.

Do you have a scan of this book ?


Does anyone have a scan and/or can you point me to this book on the checklist? I was ou tof comics during 9/11.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13:12 pm 
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:07:56 pm
Posts: 4077
Location: Woods of Southeastern NC
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!
leonmallett wrote:
Some numbers
from Dwayne McDuffie regarding Milestone publication levels:
Quote:
I think our lowest-selling issue was an issue of Kobalt that did 12,500 copies. Our best-selling book was north of 600,000. Average, between 35 and 80 thousand.

leonmallett wrote:
I was surprised to learn a couple of days ago that Xombi (arguably one of the best Milestone books in terms of creative quality) had the lowest print run of all the ongoings, and apparently by some distance. Makes me curious about the print runs of the various titles.


So which is it? Not that it matters in the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything, but I re-read the whole thread and saw the discrepancy and got curious...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:06:06 pm 
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
...and I am a Valiantoholic.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:08:22 am
Posts: 3308
Location: Chasing my dreams inside my toybox
geocarr wrote:
leonmallett wrote:
Some numbers
from Dwayne McDuffie regarding Milestone publication levels:
Quote:
I think our lowest-selling issue was an issue of Kobalt that did 12,500 copies. Our best-selling book was north of 600,000. Average, between 35 and 80 thousand.

leonmallett wrote:
I was surprised to learn a couple of days ago that Xombi (arguably one of the best Milestone books in terms of creative quality) had the lowest print run of all the ongoings, and apparently by some distance. Makes me curious about the print runs of the various titles.


So which is it? Not that it matters in the grand scheme of life, the universe, and everything, but I re-read the whole thread and saw the discrepancy and got curious...


From that I would say that Xombi had low print runs on average throughout the series and a single issue of Kobalt was the lowest run of the entire range.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:56:05 pm 
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
My mind is sharp. Like a sharp thing.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:39:01 am
Posts: 9221
Location: hunting down paulsmith56 somewhere in the balti belt...
Valiant fan since: 2006
Favorite character: Shadowman (Hall version)
Favorite title: Shadowman (under Hall)
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente
Favorite artist: Clayton Henry
So we have had the coda for Milestone with Milestone Forever (2 issues), now consigning the universe to the land of DU's in my view.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:28:05 pm 
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:35:29 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Alabama
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

Is there any particular reason to start with one book versus another? It seems like many enjoyed Xombi the best.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:55:24 pm 
Just trying to be self-deprecating
Just trying to be self-deprecating
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:05:13 pm
Posts: 9702
Location: Cheese-Steak Land
possumgrease wrote:
Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

Is there any particular reason to start with one book versus another? It seems like many enjoyed Xombi the best.


I would think you would probably be better off starting with one of the launch titles, those being Hardware, Icon, Static and Blood Syndicate. I personally enjoyed Static, have not read the others. Xombi came along a year after the initial titles.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:10:57 pm 
Well I think I talked enough poop...
Well I think I talked enough poop...
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:44:09 pm
Posts: 10178
Location: Dead Universe Comics, Buckinghamshire, England
Valiant fan since: preordered vh1 from start
Favorite character: X-O from vh1
Favorite title: X-O vh1
Favorite writer: Good question?
Favorite artist: ooooh another good question
Brother J wrote:
possumgrease wrote:
Rather out of the blue last week, I decided that I should learn a little about the Milestone imprint. I'm sure I have first issues somewhere in my boxes, but I don't really recall anything about these books.

Is there any particular reason to start with one book versus another? It seems like many enjoyed Xombi the best.


I would think you would probably be better off starting with one of the launch titles, those being Hardware, Icon, Static and Blood Syndicate. I personally enjoyed Static, have not read the others. Xombi came along a year after the initial titles.


Agreed, the starter titles were pretty solid the whole way through, though finding the last few of each isnt easy :)
Static was a fun title, hardware wasnt always my fave, but Icon and Blood Syndicate were outstanding reads :)
I did try to keep up towards the end, but Xombi slipped past me as a title.

_________________
I trade as Dead Universe Comics in the UK, which is no surprise to those who know of my legendary Dead Universe habit.
140 boxes and counting !!!

Follow us on facebook :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dead-Uni ... 1695270458


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:49:44 pm 
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
I had the 1,000,000th post on this board and all I got was this lousy custom ranking.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:35:29 pm
Posts: 953
Location: Alabama
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
I bought and read the first trade of Hardware. It was ok. I want to read Icon though. It has some cool covers and I like the alien angle.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group