Any idea what's going on with MONOLITH from BAD IDEA

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Any idea what's going on with MONOLITH from BAD IDEA

Post by Oxmyx »

it's about the first thing they teased, but the year is winding down and my LCS still says they don't know anything.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

JCP
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa
Re: Any idea what's going on with MONOLITH from BAD IDEA

Post by JCP »

Well, they’re exchanging a rock for a first in line gold button currently, which is pretty hilarious. Maybe they’ll reveal later that the “rock” is Monolith.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I saw Lewis Larosa posting on Instagram within the last month or so that he had run into some serious back pain troubles this year, and that it impacted his ability to work on finishing that series. So maybe the delay in announcing anything about it was a result of that situation.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JCP
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Mico Suayan & Lewis LaRosa

Post by JCP »

grendeljd wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00:04 pm I saw Lewis Larosa posting on Instagram within the last month or so that he had run into some serious back pain troubles this year, and that it impacted his ability to work on finishing that series. So maybe the delay in announcing anything about it was a result of that situation.
That’s awful. If he, Dino, or SonicDan read this, I’m sure we can all agree that we hope his back is better.
Egad, a base tone denotes a bad age!

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

JCP wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:43:30 pm
grendeljd wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00:04 pm I saw Lewis Larosa posting on Instagram within the last month or so that he had run into some serious back pain troubles this year, and that it impacted his ability to work on finishing that series. So maybe the delay in announcing anything about it was a result of that situation.
That’s awful. If he, Dino, or SonicDan read this, I’m sure we can all agree that we hope his back is better.
Definitely agreed. I feel bad for Lewis - I am an illustrator myself (though not a full time professional), and doing that work at a drafting table can be absolutely punishing if your back gives out.

This may not seem to make sense, but when I was younger (in my teens & 20’s), I used to have occasional, short bouts of severe lower back pain that would last for a week or more at a time. I do not have that problem now in my 40’s for some reason… but I can still clearly recall having it happen once when I was in college studying Illustration - I couldn’t even sit at my drawing table for more than short bursts without some intense pain that made it almost impossible to complete my art assignments for a week or two. Eventually I just had to endure it to get the work done - and I would end up adjusting to sitting hunched over the desk for a couple hours at a time but feeling kinda numb in my lower back… until I had to stand up, at which point I could not straighten up without some really intense pain that would then linger. The worst thing about those times was that there was almost no position I could choose that would alleviate the pain entirely while it lasted.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;