Chiclo, let me know what you think of Slay Bells

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Chiclo, let me know what you think of Slay Bells

Post by Oxmyx »

July 7 is just around the corner.

I remember you saying you were looking forward to it.

I'm not really into new comics too much, at the moment. I showed up for Bad Idea PIZZA DETECTIVE and plan to show up again for MONOLITH but who knows.

I hope you're doing well. Things are good, here. Actually I am off work for a week for the July 4th holiday. They do a "plant shutdown " one time a year. Thank God.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Chiclo, let me know what you think of Slay Bells

Post by Chiclo »

It will probably be a while before I get this comic in my hands. I have a pull list set up at the nearest Bad Idea store to me, a mere 180 miles away in un-scenic Lubbock, Texas. I might pass that way in September (unless another funeral happens between now and then).

A drunk man made a lot of money singing about how happiness is Lubbock, Texas in your rearview mirror. So they named the street that their civic center is on after him. He passed away late last year but I don’t know if he made good on the last line of his song, to be buried in Lubbock, Texas in his jeans.

Oxmyx
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Re: Chiclo, let me know what you think of Slay Bells

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:43:04 am It will probably be a while before I get this comic in my hands. I have a pull list set up at the nearest Bad Idea store to me, a mere 180 miles away in un-scenic Lubbock, Texas. I might pass that way in September (unless another funeral happens between now and then).

A drunk man made a lot of money singing about how happiness is Lubbock, Texas in your rearview mirror. So they named the street that their civic center is on after him. He passed away late last year but I don’t know if he made good on the last line of his song, to be buried in Lubbock, Texas in his jeans.
Haha, the more you know, I guess....

I'm aware of how lucky I am the store I already used as my LCS was chosen as a Bad Idea store. But if it's any consolation for some reason stores here don't do Dollar Boxes much less Quarter Boxes. For someone like me looking for cheap reading material, this is really annoying. I've found out that the COMICS stores won't bother with them, but there's a used bookstore in my city that DOES which is very cool. I found some used trades there as well. I need to go back.

So far the only Bad Idea books I've picked up are the FCBD teaser and PIZZA DETECTIVE. I say I'm lucky but I'm not doing anything with my luck, am I? Haha
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?