Zenescope

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

armlessphelan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Zenescope

Post by armlessphelan »

I know the covers are... provocative, but does anyone else read these books? I fell off a bit after Pat Shand left the company, but I still pick up the occasional run during the Comixology sales and enjoy what I read.
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Re: Zenescope

Post by greg »

armlessphelan wrote:I know the covers are... provocative, but does anyone else read these books? I fell off a bit after Pat Shand left the company, but I still pick up the occasional run during the Comixology sales and enjoy what I read.
You are literally the only person I've ever seen discuss the contents of a Zenescope book. I'd say you're possibly unique amongst their customer base. Huzzah! :clap:

armlessphelan

Post by armlessphelan »

greg wrote:
armlessphelan wrote:I know the covers are... provocative, but does anyone else read these books? I fell off a bit after Pat Shand left the company, but I still pick up the occasional run during the Comixology sales and enjoy what I read.
You are literally the only person I've ever seen discuss the contents of a Zenescope book. I'd say you're possibly unique amongst their customer base. Huzzah! :clap:
What can I say? Seeing big titty ladies fighting giant monsters is a fun time. They've recently scaled back the T&A inside the books (the covers are still classic Zenescope...), but with that they saw sales crater.
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Elveen one time said that he does good business with Zenescope books.

Every so often I hear someone say they read Zenescope books for the articles, so to speak.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

This thread is great.

My LCS does order a few Zenescope books for certain customers who they acknowledge buy them solely for the covers.

I picked up a few over the last couple years because Jay Anacleto did a few covers. I actually read them because I read all my comics. They were terrible. Stories were cliche messes and the interior art is amateur hour.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246