Bleeding cool changed editors after Vox Day interview

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Bleeding cool changed editors after Vox Day interview

Post by Sven the Returned »

https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/10/ ... -in-chief/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ideological drama is taking victims in the trash comic book site ecosystem.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Bleeding cool changed editors after Vox Day interview

Post by Chiclo »

Seems extreme. Who is this Vox Day and what did he say that was so offensive? Or perhaps, did he say anything in the article worthy of being thought of as so offensive, or is he merely known to have views contrary to their orthodoxy?

Heaven forbid that people be exposed to such dangerous thoughts.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

Chiclo wrote:Seems extreme. Who is this Vox Day and what did he say that was so offensive? Or perhaps, did he say anything in the article worthy of being thought of as so offensive, or is he merely known to have views contrary to their orthodoxy?

He wrote SJW's Always Lie which was kind of a right wing hit. I don't know if he owns Castallia House book publisher or not. He was some Rabid Puppies L
leader or something.

Ethan Van Sciver came to the conclusion that he is some White Ethnic Separatist. His blog is fairly obsessed with Race and IQ.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Seems extreme. Who is this Vox Day and what did he say that was so offensive? Or perhaps, did he say anything in the article worthy of being thought of as so offensive, or is he merely known to have views contrary to their orthodoxy?

He wrote SJW's Always Lie which was kind of a right wing hit. I don't know if he owns Castallia House book publisher or not. He was some Rabid Puppies L
leader or something.

Ethan Van Sciver came to the conclusion that he is some White Ethnic Separatist. His blog is fairly obsessed with Race and IQ.
Doesn't sound like the kind of joker that I would want fundraising in my backyard. From what I have read, the IndieGoGo terms of service says they can terminate any project at any time for any reason and are not obliged to comment as to why. As long as everybody gets their money back (if their money had already been taken - I have never done IndieGoGo but have done some Kickstarters) everything appears to be in order.

That being said, those jokers are exactly the kind of stupid that freedom of speech protects. Confront them in the arena of ideas where needed but by all means, let the jackasses bray.