Jawbreakers: Lost Souls Indiegogo comic

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Jawbreakers: Lost Souls Indiegogo comic

Post by Chiclo »

Sven the Returned wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:
paradise wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:Outsidee of soem of his Valiant critique and somewhat rigid attitude about cetain things who did he slander so bad?
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/13 ... but-peace/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Am is supposed to trust jude terror's buddy?
This is the problem I was running across before - Sven, your rebuttal presupposes that the reader is familiar with Jude Terror and his connection to the story or his connection to anything at all. I don't have that, so I don't know why Jude Terror or his friends might be biased sources of information.
He was/is the administrator of a forum on which i was a user and i have a low opnion of him based on that. Also on the same forum some members started a podcast, in the first episode they raved about Rich Johnston and they said he is 80% bs and they raved about his ability to get clicks and get 20% right with 0 self awareness.
Aha! Ye olde 80/20 rule!

Ok, so your reasons are personal. I can respect that but the argument would not convince anyone else by itself or a common point of reference, like both being on that same forum.

ironherc
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by ironherc »

so i leave for a bit and see this xd, I completely pushed the whole arguments about the sjws on this thread stuff just to promote a book that looks very fun, created by passionate people. First off ignore the Bleeding Cool article since they are the worst and so biased against anyone who doesn't follow their politics and Rich Johnson only wrote an article of the campaign (which was a great success and can still get the book now) after he found enough stuff to try to make DnC look bad (he's lied about him before on other articles). A few stores plotted in secret to not put the book in the stores, even if a person would come over and ask to order it. Which yes, everyone agrees it's their choice to do so but clearly shows how corrupt the industry is. And Mark Waid alongside some of this pros harassed and bullied artartic press into not publishing the book (the guy admitted to doing so).

This book was a response to all this far leftists pros infecting the industry with their stupid sjw propaganda, specially in Marvel and how this "comic pros" keep behaving like garbage to the fans to the point of insulting them (calling us nazies, racists, bigots, cis white males like if it was a bad thing and i'm mexican btw) while creating below average books which keep shrinking sales and closing down stores (50 last year).

Here's the thing, this "pros" challenged DnC to make his own comic and now that he has successfully gathered a fanbase, made a successful campaign that technically makes his graphic novel among the top 3 sold graphic novels in the country with no promotion from any of the major comic book websites. They are now trying to make sure he doesn't get the book out there since clearly the are afraid of him now. There's so much more into this story but that's my piece for now.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

So the correct response to these stores and their collusion was crass, artless thuggery and threatening them with the 1-star reviews and to dox their owners and employees?

Good on whoever this guy is for going out and making his own comics to represent his own political views, that is the kind of opportunity that makes America great, but this should be an expression of art at best and a business at worst, not some personal vendetta and certainly not a war.

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Posts containing personal attacks have been deleted.

Keep it clean.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

greg wrote:Posts containing personal attacks have been deleted.

Keep it clean.
okay.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

Keep it clean.
Seeing actual mod action after 5 years.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

And that's fine in my opinion. I replied like that in the moment cause come on. But I'll let that go since i did this thread to talk about a cool looking book.

I was going to say that people can still get the book since Meyer messed up and put it as part of the online store so till a month or so people can still order the trade paperback. This is the only way to get the trade paperback as the book will come out in single issues and stuff on stores when it does.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Keep it clean.
Sorry to lose my cool. Artless thuggery is a terrible thing of which to accuse someone but I don't do it lightly. 8-)

greg

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote:

Keep it clean.
Sorry to lose my cool. Artless thuggery is a terrible thing of which to accuse someone but I don't do it lightly. 8-)
Yep, your post was almost included in the purge. Very borderline. :kidaround:

myron
I do embrace my inner geekdom
I do embrace my inner geekdom
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Gilad
Favorite title: Pre-Unity Harbinger

Post by myron »

dang it...get busy for a day and miss some excitement...and here I was hungry for some popcorn... :P
Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?

orbitalshift
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by orbitalshift »

I ordered one even though the description of the story doesn't seem like anything I'd normally be interested in. Will be interesting to see if its any good. Couldn't be much worse than most comics on the shelf these days.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

And it's almost 300000.

orbitalshift

Post by orbitalshift »

Sven the Returned wrote:And it's almost 300000.

I know! Which seems like a crazy number to me.

nwoslave
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite character: Spike
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by nwoslave »

armlessphelan wrote:
Sven the Returned wrote:So, World War III is on.
That's an understatement. Everyone is acting like *SQUEE*. Let the men publish their comic. Stores are under no obligation to order it, however.
If a customer did order it then yes they are under obligation. Which was one of the comments made by the shop owner in Ireland, he wouldn't order it even if a customer requested it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

armlessphelan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by armlessphelan »

nwoslave wrote:
armlessphelan wrote:
That's an understatement. Everyone is acting like *SQUEE*. Let the men publish their comic. Stores are under no obligation to order it, however.
If a customer did order it then yes they are under obligation. Which was one of the comments made by the shop owner in Ireland, he wouldn't order it even if a customer requested it.

No, they aren't. That's like saying that if a customer wants a cheeseburger, a vegan shop is obligated to order beef for that customer. Stores do not have to order something just because a customer wants it. That's just how capitalism works.

Do the allegations of harassment and just plain nastiness play a role in these stores decisions? Yeah, they do. Should they? That's up to the individual store owner. (And making a list of store employees by name and distributing it should be unacceptable in all cases.) And Mark Waid shouldn't have phoned Antarctic Press, but by his statement and AP's own statement, there were no threats made by Mark and Mark was not the reason AP canceled the publishing deal. (In all likelihood, it was the doxing of comic store employees that did that.)

But the dude has 300k in the bank and seems to only be getting more. Massive case of the Streisand Effect here on Waid's part.
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

Never change CBR.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

^CBR is cancer and that doesn't surprise me at all.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

You could try to enforce the Fairness Doctrine on them and demand equal time, since the internet is "a right" according to the progressives.

nwoslave
Valiant fan since: 1990
Favorite character: Spike
Favorite title: Harbinger

Post by nwoslave »

armlessphelan wrote:
nwoslave wrote:
armlessphelan wrote:

No, they aren't. That's like saying that if a customer wants a cheeseburger, a vegan shop is obligated to order beef for that customer. Stores do not have to order something just because a customer wants it. That's just how capitalism works.

Do the allegations of harassment and just plain nastiness play a role in these stores decisions? Yeah, they do. Should they? That's up to the individual store owner. (And making a list of store employees by name and distributing it should be unacceptable in all cases.) And Mark Waid shouldn't have phoned Antarctic Press, but by his statement and AP's own statement, there were no threats made by Mark and Mark was not the reason AP canceled the publishing deal. (In all likelihood, it was the doxing of comic store employees that did that.)

But the dude has 300k in the bank and seems to only be getting more. Massive case of the Streisand Effect here on Waid's part.

terrible comparison. this is a comic book store not a movie store and someone is asking for them to order a book.

capitalism is providing a service or good and the cheapest cost to the customer. at no point should politics or ideology play a part from making money. this one shop is not doing that because of his personal view. can he afford the lost of revenue, maybe but its not capitalism.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

nwoslave wrote:capitalism is providing a service or good and the cheapest cost to the customer. at no point should politics or ideology play a part from making money. this one shop is not doing that because of his personal view. can he afford the lost of revenue, maybe but its not capitalism.
So what is the capitalist response to that? Go buy it elsewhere. If they don't want your money and you don't want to spend it somewhere else locally, I am confident that you will be able to purchase this graphic novel somewhere online - through one of the big comic shops or amazon.

I would disagree about ideology not playing a part in the sale of products. Capitalism would allow the seller to decide what he wanted to see or who he wanted to sell to. If the seller doesn't want to sell this comic because he doesn't like the author, that is his decision. If the seller doesn't want to sell the comics to a particular customer because the seller does not like some aspect of the customer - maybe the customer is a jerk, maybe he speaks with a funny accent, or maybe the seller thinks the customer laced up his shoes incorrectly - then that is entirely at the discretion of the seller.

Demanding a comic shop sell a comic is no better than demanding a bakery bake a cake for a gay wedding.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

I agree that no store is obligated. The whole ordeal happened cause a group of store owners plotted to boycotted and were caught in the act. It's pathetic in itself and ridiculous, nobody was saying that they were obligated to do so and meyer himself never said that either. (p.s giving a store name and phone number isn't doxxing, he also said to not bother the stores).
And the whole breaking into the store thing. If you check the what had been said you'll notice that the story is a bit fishy. specially when the owner blamed a guy on Twitter who lives nowhere near among other stuff.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/18/jaw ... k-banners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We got a Federalist article.

It promises;

PAIN!!!!!!!!!

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

Well, the article isn't exactly wrong at the last part. Both sides want to get rid of each other but the whole "Until the whole thing is burned down" is extremely dramatic.
Also the thing mark waid did is very illegal.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

ironherc wrote:Also the thing mark waid did is very illegal.
How so? Which part was illegal, calling AP, bragging about it online or the fact that he lied about what happened when he called?

greg

Post by greg »

Chiclo wrote:Which part was illegal, calling AP, bragging about it online or the fact that he lied about what happened when he called?
For a second I thought you guys were discussing Trump's daily routine with members of the Associated Press, but now I see you're upset that someone else is following his example with Antarctic Press. Seems insignificant by comparison somehow. :kidaround:

Carry on.