Deathstroke in new "Batman" Movie

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

mkb28
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Honey, it's time to spawn!
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Venditti and Dysart
Deathstroke in new "Batman" Movie

Post by mkb28 »

So, I recently sold all my Deathstroke #1 slabs and this news just happened:

http://www.thewrap.com/deathstroke-will ... exclusive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:!: :!: :!: facepalm

A bunch of the New Teen Titans #2 (1st Deathstroke) sold today too.

Mkb28

nycjadie
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Bloodshot
Favorite writer: Kindt
Favorite artist: Too many to choose.
Re: Deathstroke in new "Batman" Movie

Post by nycjadie »

mkb28 wrote:So, I recently sold all my Deathstroke #1 slabs and this news just happened:

http://www.thewrap.com/deathstroke-will ... exclusive/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mkb28
Isn't that always the way.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

nycjadie wrote:
mkb28 wrote:So, I recently sold all my Deathstroke #1 slabs and this news just happened:

Mkb28
Isn't that always the way.
Yep.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

Psiot X
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 2014
Favorite character: Toyo Harada
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Rafa Sandoval

Post by Psiot X »

Oh god... I really hope he gets this film right.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.

Post by ShadowTuga »

Psiot X wrote:Oh god... I really hope he gets this film right.
I am a Ben Affleck fan from way back. I really liked him in "Chasing Amy" not ot mention GWH. He can write and act. He's a movie star who actually gives 100% to whatever he's into. Argo, people. :) And now Geoff Johns is on the boat, all the time. I also trust this man.

And Slade Wilson is a *SQUEE* great choice. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

GGSAE
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.
Getting that sauce across the border ain't easy.

Post by GGSAE »

I don't think I could bear to sell my only copy of that book; top five bronze cover!

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

ShadowTuga wrote:
I am a Ben Affleck fan from way back. I really liked him in "Chasing Amy" not ot mention GWH. He can write and act. He's a movie star who actually gives 100% to whatever he's into. Argo, people. :) And now Geoff Johns is on the boat, all the time. I also trust this man.

I am not sure to what extent is the movie his.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

ShadowTuga wrote:

Johns is how we got crap like Flashpoint and The New 52/Rebirth.
I think Ben Affeck, Batman, Deathstroke, and the movie going public deserves better.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti

Post by nutflush76 »

Cyberstrike wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:

Johns is how we got crap like Flashpoint and The New 52/Rebirth.
I think Ben Affeck, Batman, Deathstroke, and the movie going public deserves better.
Flashpoint was actually a good storyline. So is Rebirth. New 52 was more of a DC as a whole creative decision. Also, Johns is responsible for some of the best Green Lantern stories like Blackest night. Also, the New 52 Aquaman and Justice League are all good.

Plus, Affleck is writing most of the movie as well as directing it. From what I understand, Johns is more of a creative advisor.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

To the poster who quoted me. Don't do that, please. You and I are history when it comes to exchanging opinions.
So stop posting right after I do it, saying that whatever I said is utter crap and all that.

Or if one of the admins is reading this, put Cyberstrike on his place, please. I have him on my ignore button, but apparently that's not enough, since I am still reading his posts directed at me, quoted by other people.

Cyberstrike, please, back off. I'm being decent here. I don't want to talk to you, and I don't want you to talk to me or use my posts as a way to make yourself feel better about whatever it is this time.

Optimus Prime is better than this. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

Double Post, sorry.
nutflush76 wrote: Flashpoint was actually a good storyline. So is Rebirth. New 52 was more of a DC as a whole creative decision. Also, Johns is responsible for some of the best Green Lantern stories like Blackest night. Also, the New 52 Aquaman and Justice League are all good.

Plus, Affleck is writing most of the movie as well as directing it. From what I understand, Johns is more of a creative advisor.
Emphasis mine. I love Johns writing, what he did with GL is mindblowing giving the history of the character (he turned GL's world upside down with all new concepts that are now Core to the whole GL universe). I loved "Flash: Rebirth" and "Flashpoint". Some of his stuff might not be TOP, but he loves these characters and KNOWS them.

One of the best comics I've read this year was "Rebirth".
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

ShadowTuga wrote:Double Post, sorry.
nutflush76 wrote: Flashpoint was actually a good storyline. So is Rebirth. New 52 was more of a DC as a whole creative decision. Also, Johns is responsible for some of the best Green Lantern stories like Blackest night. Also, the New 52 Aquaman and Justice League are all good.

Emphasis mine. I love Johns writing, what he did with GL is mindblowing giving the history of the character (he turned GL's world upside down with all new concepts that are now Core to the whole GL universe). I loved "Flash: Rebirth" and "Flashpoint". Some of his stuff might not be TOP, but he loves these characters and KNOWS them.

One of the best comics I've read this year was "Rebirth".
I will crap on New 52 as much as I can but Flashpoint wasn't too bad. Had it been just treated like an big flash story it would've been an alright story with some interesting Elseworld books. Using it to shoehorn a badly planned reboot into action was the misstep. Johns first year on Justice League pretty much proves that.

ShadowTuga

Post by ShadowTuga »

dornwolf wrote:Johns first year on Justice League pretty much proves that.
To each it's own, I says. :D :thumb:
I liked the first arc very much, but let's be honest here 'Tuga- Jim Lee's Batman and Darkseid are a no-brainer to me. I bought a translated HC to my son and he really dug it, being one of the first superhero storylines he ever read. He's 11 and the next book he asked me for was a sort of DC encyclopedia. My point being, it brought new readers. 8-)

I also remember the buzz around this on my LCS, EVERYONE was crazy about the new origin. The JL book was actually suggested to me by at least 3 different customers att.
I dropped it after a year, since it just became boring.
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

ShadowTuga wrote:To the poster who quoted me. Don't do that, please. You and I are history when it comes to exchanging opinions.
So stop posting right after I do it, saying that whatever I said is utter crap and all that.

Or if one of the admins is reading this, put Cyberstrike on his place, please. I have him on my ignore button, but apparently that's not enough, since I am still reading his posts directed at me, quoted by other people.

Cyberstrike, please, back off. I'm being decent here. I don't want to talk to you, and I don't want you to talk to me or use my posts as a way to make yourself feel better about whatever it is this time.

Optimus Prime is better than this. :thumb:

:offtopic: :rant:
So now I can't quote you and other people can't quote me and you? facepalm

ShadowTuga, look I know you upset that I hate BvS and that I took it and MoS and have taken them to woodshed and you feel insulted by that. What NEED to understand is this: just because I hate the DC live action movies does NOT mean I hate you. You really need to understand that. Other than our different tastes for the DC live action movies I mostly HONESTLY agree with you about 80% of the time and the other 20% is just minor stuff like the DC live action movies.

I will quote you, or anyone else here for that matter, when I think you or they make a point that agree or disagree with and if you don't want to reply that is your business. But no one here can stop quote chains, and you should stop telling others what they can and can't post in threads here because that is STUPID!

You post something that I think is interesting and I'm going to reply to it, because that is how message boards work! In this post you're acting like a spoiled entitled brat, crying that I'm being mean to you, by voicing opinions that you don't agree with and/or *gasp* in other threads when I actually AGREE WITH YOU!

Whatever "feud" you think we're having is just in your imagination. I'm not feuding with you or anyone else here, I hate the DC live action movies and make my opinions on that when it's relevant. I don't want to waste more of my time talking about them than I have to, because life is too short and it's not fun. What said I made about Ben Affeck, Batman, Deathstroke, and the movie going public deserving better DC live action movies is how I feel about them.

Now I'm going to take the high road by not telling people not quote me quoting you quoting others, because again it's not how message boards work and frankly as I said above it's just plain to stupid to do so.

What I will do is too continue to quote you and anyone else here when there is something I feel worth quoting and replying to and if you don't like it, well that is your problem.

Now if some one wants to PM this ShadowTuga please do so. If greg and Daniel Jackson have a problem with it they can PM me as well.

:rant: over

Johns too me is at best a hit-and-miss writer he can write really good stories and he can write god-awful stories.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite writer: V-Diddy

Post by Sven the Returned »

Cyber:
What said I made about Ben Affeck, Batman, Deathstroke, and the movie going public deserving better DC live action movies is how I feel about them.
Why do they deserve better?

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Lady Oiorpata wrote:Cyber:
What said I made about Ben Affeck, Batman, Deathstroke, and the movie going public deserving better DC live action movies is how I feel about them.
Why do they deserve better?

I don't want to waste more of my time talking about them than I have to, because life is too short and it's not fun.
What part of that don't you understand?