Hey Marvel Comics! Stop disgracing yourselves!

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

StarBrand
loosely based on a true story
Hey Marvel Comics! Stop disgracing yourselves!

Post by StarBrand »

Hey Marvel Comics! I realize you have no intention of focusing on quality books, but would you mind not disgracing your company and specifically the New Universe by putting out slop like the new Nightmask and Star Brand comic? I just self-edited this post and toned it down quite a bit out of respect for the kids, or you'd get more of a taste of how I really feel about that book.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin
Re: Hey Marvel Comics! Stop disgracing yourselves!

Post by Cyberstrike »

Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

StarBrand

Post by StarBrand »

:thumb: I hadn't seen this thread. I wait years for Marvel to bring back the New Universe, and when they do they make a mockery of the characters. I frankly should have known.
Valiant is the son of the New Universe.

omega_override
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2014

Post by omega_override »

I'm not inherently anti-Marvel, but it does irk me that because the Disney films are doing so well, they feel that they have the license to do whatever they want in the books and think that people will just lap it up. And the books that actually have some modicum of depth to them will be cancelled after only a handful of issues, though I do have to hand it to them with how hard they're actually pushing Vision's first solo run

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.

Post by dornwolf »

omega_override wrote:I'm not inherently anti-Marvel, but it does irk me that because the Disney films are doing so well, they feel that they have the license to do whatever they want in the books and think that people will just lap it up. And the books that actually have some modicum of depth to them will be cancelled after only a handful of issues, though I do have to hand it to them with how hard they're actually pushing Vision's first solo run
Sadly I believe that some people do just lap it up. When you read reviews on sites Marvel seems to be able to do no wrong most of the time. The movies are giving the comics arm a lot of rope and so far they've managed not to hang themselves.

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

dornwolf wrote:
omega_override wrote:I'm not inherently anti-Marvel, but it does irk me that because the Disney films are doing so well, they feel that they have the license to do whatever they want in the books and think that people will just lap it up. And the books that actually have some modicum of depth to them will be cancelled after only a handful of issues, though I do have to hand it to them with how hard they're actually pushing Vision's first solo run
Sadly I believe that some people do just lap it up. When you read reviews on sites Marvel seems to be able to do no wrong most of the time. The movies are giving the comics arm a lot of rope and so far they've managed not to hang themselves.
Is it the movies, not just old school big 2 loyalty?

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
I'm honestly leaning movies, most sites I see give high scores to anything Marvel despite really dumbass ideas while DC only gets high marks for anything Batman

Sven the Returned
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: V-Diddy
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Sven the Returned »

dornwolf wrote:
Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
I'm honestly leaning movies, most sites I see give high scores to anything Marvel despite really dumbass ideas while DC only gets high marks for anything Batman
Weren't the most popular sites always big 2 fanboys?

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Probably.

I mean CBR has huge sections of it's message boards dedicated to various sections of the Marvel and DC universes (ie Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Justice League,) but one combined forum for everything published by Dark Horse, Image, IDW, VEI, and everybody else.
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

Cyberstrike wrote:
Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Lady Oiorpata wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Probably.

I mean CBR has huge sections of it's message boards dedicated to various sections of the Marvel and DC universes (ie Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Justice League,) but one combined forum for everything published by Dark Horse, Image, IDW, VEI, and everybody else.
This is very true. I am however seeing more and more Image and even Valiant titles sneaking in here and there. Uproxx, while not the most dedicated site to comics and similar will usually put out an article of hot titles of the week, Valiant usually gets on there.

Brother Darque
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Brother Darque »

And give Valkyrie an ongoing!

QUARTZ

Post by QUARTZ »

Then only titles I am interested coming from Marvel now are the Star Wars stuff, Karnak, and Moon Knight....and Karnak was already delayed after issue #1, but what an awesome issue that was...and I will always be a "Moonie". My interest in Spider-man stopped after the Superior Spider-man title, but if I was going to compare my comics I have far more Spider-man than anything else, by far, so it's a safe bet to say I will probably grab some more in the future, like during a back issue sale.

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Marvel Comics are nearly a totally foreign commodity to me nowadays. I buy Star Wars and Iron Man. Eventually I'll stop buying Star Wars.