Uncanny Avengers #14

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Zaphod
Zaphod's just this guy, you know?
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Uncanny Avengers #14

Post by Zaphod »

I didn't enjoy this title when it first started, I anticipated it but felt it fell kind of flat. In this issue we get a couple (1-2 or 3?) deaths and I'm wondering...

1. so how long until these are reversed.

2. What is the point?

It has been speculated that we were going to be getting the deaths of 2 Avengers, though 1 seems obvious Rogue the second is perhaps unclear Wonderman dissipated as he saved Scarlet Witch, but then she collapses. Seeing as Rogue and Witch are on the cover, I wonder if Simon lives somehow. Also Wolverine seems to kill Dakken

It feels odd, this arc has been slowly building and I am trying to take it seriously as a "game changer" but in the shadow of Infinity and Battle of the Atom, could it be this is building up to be the real deal?

Kang visiting so many future realities to gather forces to his side was full of quite a number of SQUEE cameo's. I am unfamiliar with The Deathlok from 2055 that he recruits, is that Abomination, for a moment I was trying to figure out when Marvel acquired the rights to 'Savage Dragon' and made him into a Deathlok

Over-all, I have been slowly getting into this book. It has been slowly becoming a fun ride, even though it annoys me that Wolverine, Captain America and Thor are in 47 Avengers titles, one less than Iron Man.
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Uncanny Avengers #14

Post by lorddunlow »

Zaphod wrote:
Over-all, I have been slowly getting into this book. It has been slowly becoming a fun ride, even though it annoys me that Wolverine, Captain America and Thor are in 47 Avengers titles, one less than Iron Man.
Don't forget his stint with the GotG.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

Zaphod
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 - Armstrong
Favorite title: VEI - Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Re: Uncanny Avengers #14

Post by Zaphod »

lorddunlow wrote:
Zaphod wrote:
Don't forget his stint with the GotG.
...precisely!
What we need is innovation and even revolution—but not so much in the form of marketing ploys and doohickeys. What is needed is bold creative vision, excellent stories, and brilliant storytelling, in a word, entertainment. -- Jim Shooter