McFarland Toys

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BodaZoffa
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
McFarland Toys

Post by BodaZoffa »

Does anyone know the number of Miracleman statues made by McFarland? I've looked everywhere to get a number, but all I can find is "an extremely limited number of these were produced."

I'm trying to figure out how collectable these will be since they are the first statue produced by McFarland, & the fact that Miracleman is schedualed to be re-released after the legal trials.

Boda

johnhickman
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by johnhickman »

Probably too many! Have you seen it? What is he staring at? His Hand? Weird. I have a large Statue Collection (over 200 at last count) and the value of the things is hard to predict. Without a book in print, or without hopes of someone reprinting or printing new issues, I'm not optimitic about it's long term value. Plus this one is resin (aren't they all anymore?) which means that condition won't ever be an issue as they are hard to break!

http://www.spawn.com/news/news6.aspx?id=12098

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

I thought it was wierd that he was staring at his hand also, then I found out that the statue is a copy (or a depiction of) when he remembers the trigger word "kimota" & becomes Miracleman again. It's supposed to be right out of issue # 1. I think that is kind of cool, but your right, it is an awkward looking pose.

I also have the twin pack of Spawn & Miracleman that was given out at the 2003 San Diego Con, to people who bought a 3 day pass.

johnhickman

Post by johnhickman »

I'm a fan of Miracleman and wouldn't mind having one, but only if it's cheap! Usually "giveaways" like the two pack do better in value, but even Spawn's popularity isn't what it used to be.

whetteon
"Don't qoute me on that" -whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

Spawn has, and always will suck! There, I said it. I feel like I lifted a huge weight off my chest. 8)
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/

BodaZoffa

Post by BodaZoffa »

I'm not a big fan of Spawn either, but I'm a HUGE fan of Miracleman. I've been doing research & found that Miracleman will be printed again by either Marvel or McFarland. It's just waitng on the legal battle over the rights.

I also found out that Miracleman's print runs are in the 15,000 - 20,000 range on the earlier issues, & 7,075 - 9,000 on the later issues (#14, #15 & #16) which makes them extremely rare to come by, especially in NM condition.

As far as the McFarland statue of Miracleman, I paid $44.00 a piece for two of them. One for display & one in the box.

I've got three Miracleman #15's in my collection, & one is graded 9.6 by CGC. This issue is like the Rai #3 of the Valiant universe & is extrememly sought after.

Boda

Ax
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill

Post by Ax »

whetteon wrote:Spawn has, and always will suck! There, I said it. I feel like I lifted a huge weight off my chest. 8)
The toys suck too. You can't even play with them!:evil: That is just sick.

jusdb

Post by jusdb »

yeah, i wouldn't really consider mcfarlane toys to be action figures....i call them action statues....seems more appropriate.
Last edited by jusdb on Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:58:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

whetteon
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Magnus

Post by whetteon »

jusdb wrote:yeah, i wouldn't really consider mcfarlane toys to be action figures....i cal lthem action statues....seems more appropriate.
Action statues WITHOUT the action. :roll: HAHAHA!
The Site for Tracking Collectible Comic Trends on Ebay
http://www.lyriacomicexchange.com/