Uncanny X-Men #108 - 143 | Claremont & Byrne

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Uncanny X-Men #108 - 143 | Claremont & Byrne

Post by grendeljd »

ShadowTuga wrote:Double post, sorry, but I'm currently rerererere....reading these and just wanted to give my 2 cents about one "little" detail:
Wolverine and Colossus' moment in the DM (issue 122), when Logan SNIKTed the controls and just risked his neck (granted, adamantium skeleton would help) in order to make Colossus' snap out of his emo period..Pure Wolverine. Pure Colossus.
It's unbelievable how good and rereadable this series is in 2018. Timeless stuff.
:thumb:

I really enjoyed re-reading these last year. Read through every X-title published during Claremont’s run on Uncanny. I love it all, but those Byrne/Claremont issues certainly are a magical run.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.

Post by lorddunlow »

Currently on 125 of this run. Loving it.

Sent from my HTC U Ultra using Tapatalk
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

ShadowTuga
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

lorddunlow wrote:Currently on 125 of this run. Loving it.

125 to 143 is the crème de la crème of the run. Proteus, DPS, DoFP and Kitty "Ripley". Unfreakingbelievable the quality of these stories. :thumb:
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

ShadowTuga wrote:

125 to 143 is the crème de la crème of the run. Proteus, DPS, DoFP and Kitty "Ripley". Unfreakingbelievable the quality of these stories. :thumb:
:cloud9:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ShadowTuga
Valiant fan since: 2012

Post by ShadowTuga »

grendeljd wrote:
ShadowTuga wrote:

:cloud9:
:high-five:

I am now on the couple of years before Mutant Massacre and after Paul Smith leaves; JRJR is on art duties, Claremont is clearly on fire... just not in this book, but on The New Mutants with Bill Sienkiewicz :P ); one has the feeling that the series is trying to find its footing again, after Byrne's epic contribution in terms of stories, like 2 years before.
Juggy, the Rogue as a "wanted villain" issues, the Kitty/Caliban plot, Nimrod, Rachel's storyline, all of this is great stuff. But there are more "it was cool... i guess" stories in this period than it should be. The Power Pack issue with the Moorlocks... Arcade's birthday party... not my cup of tea.
And the roster is poorer without Cyke AND Storm: Storm without her powers is sad, because there's no awesome Storm action (although the PHENOMENAL BWS issues make one forget that minor bummer 8-) ). Oh, on that, here's a random I LOVE Barry Windsor-Smith shout out. :thumb:
Nightcrawler is one of my fav X-Men, but he's no leader.

But this phase is rather quick and issue 200 is the start of a MUCH more inspired period, imho. :D AND since this is still part of the Claremont multi-year run, that means there's always something (very) cool to surprise you here and there, even if its a quieter moment. I LOVE the cigar scene between Logan and Kitty. :lol: Brilliant character bits.
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo