Canadian Comic Universe

Everything else comic-related that's not VALIANT-related.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

dornwolf
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Re: Canadian Comic Universe

Post by dornwolf »

ironherc wrote:okay so im really interested in the chapterhouse universe and would like to give it a shot. I notice there's a few relaunches of CC and i really have no idea of the rest (fallen suns seems interesting) so assistance would be awesome
Best would be start with the newest Captain Canuck and move onwards. if you want the older ones that's fine it's just that it for some reason get's derailed in the second volume and never finishes and goes straight to a the relaunch.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

dornwolf wrote:
ironherc wrote:okay so im really interested in the chapterhouse universe and would like to give it a shot. I notice there's a few relaunches of CC and i really have no idea of the rest (fallen suns seems interesting) so assistance would be awesome
Best would be start with the newest Captain Canuck and move onwards. if you want the older ones that's fine it's just that it for some reason get's derailed in the second volume and never finishes and goes straight to a the relaunch.
Yeah, I lost track of following Captain Canuck volume 2, but they've just begun the series Captain Canuck Year One and it looks pretty good - I nabbed a copy of #1 to check out.

Fallen Suns looks like another cool series too, I was thinking about trying that as well.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother Darque
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Brother Darque »

Brother Darque wrote:And there mission is to defend the band Rush!
Wow, what a lame joke i made.

ironherc
My posts can all fit in a short box
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by ironherc »

grendeljd wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
Yeah, I lost track of following Captain Canuck volume 2, but they've just begun the series Captain Canuck Year One and it looks pretty good - I nabbed a copy of #1 to check out.

Fallen Suns looks like another cool series too, I was thinking about trying that as well.
then i shall try that year one CC then. Just need to find a shop with it which is impossible.

grendeljd
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

I recently decided to check out a bunch more books from the "Chapterverse" line - got digital versions of the whole Agents Of PACT series & the first mini-series of Northguard. Really enjoyed them - a friend of mine from art college drew most of the Northguard series!

I also picked up 4 issues of Fantoma, which is looking really cool - I enjoyed the first issue & am looking forward to reading the rest of it. The interior art is not entirely to my usual taste, but the story is good so far.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd

Post by grendeljd »

Also - big shout out to fellow VFans board member Donovan! He coloured the next two issues of the regular Captain Canuck comic! :clap: :clap: :thumb:

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

So i finally decided to try out chapterhouse with the first volume of the trades, might collect them through there since i have way too many ongoing single issue series.
I hope it's good since i really dig the current design of captain canuck.

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

ironherc wrote:So i finally decided to try out chapterhouse with the first volume of the trades, might collect them through there since i have way too many ongoing single issue series.
For a guy who really enjoys Captain Canuck I’m massively behind. I haven’t been able to find the books in stores but i’ll order them someday. As for his design, it’s one of the best costume updates I’ve seen in a good while.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

dornwolf wrote:
ironherc wrote:So i finally decided to try out chapterhouse with the first volume of the trades, might collect them through there since i have way too many ongoing single issue series.
For a guy who really enjoys Captain Canuck I’m massively behind. I haven’t been able to find the books in stores but i’ll order them someday. As for his design, it’s one of the best costume updates I’ve seen in a good while.
is there any other titles of this universe i should check out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

ironherc wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
The Pitiful Human Lizard sounds interesting.

ironherc

Post by ironherc »

Chiclo wrote:
ironherc wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
it sounds like a comedic hero right?

dornwolf

Post by dornwolf »

ironherc wrote:
Chiclo wrote:
ironherc wrote:
dornwolf wrote:
it sounds like a comedic hero right?
Yes I believe it is. I know that Northguard is another title in this Universe, he's also another rebooted Canadian hero.