Wrunow's Gallery

Users can share photos of their VALIANT collections, your own museum for everyone to tour. No comments allowed by visitors in the gallery threads, just your own space to show and describe your own collection. Free admission for everyone to "The VALIANT Gallery".

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord
Wrunow's Gallery

Post by wrunow »

Thought I would add some of my modest pieces to the discussion here. Most of these I have either acquired here on the board or in NY at the cons while hanging out with other boardmembers. At one time or another these have been up on the board somewhere.

Cover to Solar #43:

Solar interior page, I forgot the issue:

Cool Visitor page:

Visitor color art:

Magnus SE Pengy from NYCC08:

Story behind this pic (the stories are the best part): When Sean Chen sent my Solar statue a few years back I never took it out of the box because I didn't want it to get damaged. One day my 5yo son got a hold of the box with my DH Solar Statue and took it out and wrecked the box. After I threw my initial fit (for touching the untouchable stuff) I calmed down and said to him, "if you think that is cool you might as well see this one too". So I took the old one out of the box, but the packing material stuck to the left arm and when I removed it the paint came off. Well needless to say my heart dropped. I pm'd Sean and told him what happened and asked if he could fix it, he said no, but to send it back and he would send me another one and he could do something else with the damaged one. I told him whatever he did I would just buy it.

So I got a new Solar and also this is my original:

Really nice Harby 25 color art I got in NY last year:

and another:

I'll get some more pics when I get home and add them later.

It's funny, the best part of all this stuff is remembering all the good times with other boardmembers in NY while in pursuit of VALIANT stuff. It's not the "stuff" that I cherish, it's the memories.

wrunow
Where are you now?
Where are you now?
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: They killed her off!
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Nord

Post by wrunow »

Had some time so I thought I'd put up a few more things from my very humble and modest art collection and other stuff.

This is the print that Dawgphan had commissioned for the board several years ago, I always liked the way it came out so I had it framed.

Next up is the signed Reggie Jackson card, fairly rare as I have not seen a lot of these around:

Bloodshot page by Velluto:

Cool Shadowman page:

Iron Man/XO page:

I got this from Cliff Van Meter a couple of weeks ago, most of you guys have probably seen it:

That's it for tonight.

Btw, does anybody know where I put my Harby Pre unity art from Lapham? I've looked everywhere and I am stumped.