Crow331's Art of the Valiant

Users can share photos of their VALIANT collections, your own museum for everyone to tour. No comments allowed by visitors in the gallery threads, just your own space to show and describe your own collection. Free admission for everyone to "The VALIANT Gallery".

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Crow331
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Crow331's Art of the Valiant

Post by Crow331 »

My first Valiant cover. Of course it had to be Shadowman! I love the New Orleans feel of this with my favorite Cajun Crimefighter in action! Issue #39

Shadowman Issue 22, Page 8

From "Secret Santa". Shadowman #38, pg. 11

XO Manowar #57, Pg. 20 - Bart Sears

Freebie from Chain N Ball - Ninjak 8, Pg. 7

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

Shadowman #17, Pg. 8 - Nice closeup of Shadowman

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

This is my first color! Rai#6, Pg. 22. Not a huge fan of Rai, but I liked the dialog and a nice closeup of Rai, plus the added bonus of (little) Magnus and the Eternal Warrior, plus that it was the last page so I got the Unity logo in there too :thumb: Overall a nice piece for $30 I think :D

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

Here are a few sketches that I found while looking for my ski gear this morning. These are from San Diego Comicon.

Shadowman by Ashley Wood

X-O Manowar by Sean Chen

and a pretty funny Shadowman by David Lapham who couldn't remember how to draw Shadowman :) .... notice he says "I Tried!!!"

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

Shadowman color with overlay. Issue 11, Pg. 4 :thumb:

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

X-O Manowar BIRTH Hard Cover art from Mike Leeke :thumb:

Last edited by Crow331 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

My amazing X-O commission from original X-O artist Mike Leeke! This is simply fantastic. :clap: :thumb: :twisted: My camera has distorted the colors slightly. The spider alien is more brown in color and the redish/brown it appears here. This looks even more amazing in person, this pic doesn't quite do it justice

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

The Shadowking by Bob Layton!

"I found this model sheet I drew for a proposed Shadowman Yearbook #2. I thought the guys might enjoy seeing it. Unfortunately, the notes for the story weren’t in that particular box—so I’ll have to keep searching for the plot outline. What I remember was that The Shadowking was an alternate Jack, who miraculously survived the destruction of Phil Seleski’s universe and eventually becomes a tyrannical cult figure in the Lost Land. The story pitted Jack against the Shadowking, whose dark powers far exceeded the benign Boniface of the VI universe. I believe the evil Jack was dying and was attempting to switch bodies with our hero—using a malevolently mystic song he’s spent his lifetime composing on his “flute of doom”.

Crow331

Post by Crow331 »

From Unity 0, Page 9 ... I give you the great Barry Windsor Smith!

Crow331
Re: Crow331's Art of the Valiant

Post by Crow331 »

This is the original unpublished cover to XO Manowar by Bob Layton! I was told that Jim Shooter thought that the helmet didn't look right and Aric's face looked too mean so he had Bob redraw it.

In the margin in blue pencil it says "helmet too 'comic book'" ..... also at the bottom there is another blue pencil note but it's very feint. I think it says "This is not loboman!!!" ... not sure though. What does that mean?

About the drawing on the back Bob said "That was just a doodle on the back. I was thinking about Conan the Barbarian and was simply scribbling a pic of him as I was conceiving the X-O character."

Boy, I wish I could doodle like that!!! :)