Bloodshot Unleashed #1

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Bloodshot Unleashed #1

Post by SwiftMann »

I went in to this with extremely low expectations. The FCBD story from earlier this year was absolutely awful, the little I had heard of Camp's Scout comics work was laughably bad, and I'm not a Davis-Hunt fan.

So when I say this was better than I expected, that's faint praise, but it was better than I expected storywise. The overall jist is Bloodshot is going after other enhanced military created super soldiers. The rest is just vapid excuse to show extreme violence with some pithy dialogue.

Think of some mid-2000s Avatar Press book drawn by Jose Ryp. Now lower the art quality by more than half and the writing by a quarter. This book has more desire to be like something else than to actually stand on its own.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Re: Bloodshot Unleashed #1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Similar to Swift I went into this (as with all DMG books) with lowered expectations. I’d heard mostly good reviews so kept an open mind.

Overall I liked it! Art was clear (unlike the messy Brett Booth art) and the story a serious tone (unlike the dreary Tim Seeley story).

Feels a little bit like the Lemire Bloodshot Reborn run where he’s hunting down super powered individuals. Didn’t quite understand how this guy ‘Chambers’ is powered (nanites?) or how he accessed those ridiculously big guns (is he some sort of harbinger?) but it was fine.

Also, there’s 27 rogue agents out there, pretty sure this run won’t go long enough to address all of them so not sure what the plan is?

Apart from one F bomb I’m not sure why this is a mature book? The violence is the same as any Bloodshot book and if swearing is allowed then do *SQUEE* more of it! :?

3.9/5 - worth reading, shows potential

Phantom
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
I will call my mum and ask what the *SQUEE* is going on.
Location: I would rather be under the stars in a tent, or on a park bench.
Re: Bloodshot Unleashed #1

Post by Phantom »

I really enjoyed Bloodshoot, I thought the art and story fantastic.
I came in with no expectations, and really enjoyed it.
Hopefully a long run in this storyline, and we get to read the whole scenario they set up.
I wish their was a Spinal Tap comic, and I had a copy CGC graded at 11.