Solar 2004 Fanzine Project

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

magnusr
I would hang a left...
I would hang a left...
Re: Solar 2004 Fanzine Project

Post by magnusr »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:27:27 am I'm posting it in case anyone else knows of a different way to get to it.
No, but I did find this page that refers to the same link:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypie ... &GSub=9657

/Magnus

Man-of-The-Atom
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: Solar Man of The Atom
Favorite writer: Kevin Vanhook
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by Man-of-The-Atom »

magnusr wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:55:31 pm
Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:27:27 am I'm posting it in case anyone else knows of a different way to get to it.
No, but I did find this page that refers to the same link:

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypie ... &GSub=9657

/Magnus
Nice, thanks! I think that's one of Stuart's.

I found a FourtuneCity archive that had this URL but I cannot access it, it says it is forbidden. Maybe someone knows a way to get to it and use it to access the page?

http://xxycor.fortunecity.ws
Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...

Ryan
Clinkin' bottles with Aram

Post by Ryan »

Really nice looking page :thumb:

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:43:22 pm Really nice looking page :thumb:
Thanks!
Comics are like a Rorschach test, everyone has a different opinion on what they are and can be...

Man-of-The-Atom

I can't recall how many artists were involved besides Stuart and John Smallwood-Garcia.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:09:59 pm I can't recall how many artists were involved besides Stuart and John Smallwood-Garcia.
I think we should resurrect this project :D . Hey no one's even using Solar or Vh1 anymore...

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:23:00 pm
Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:09:59 pm I can't recall how many artists were involved besides Stuart and John Smallwood-Garcia.
I think we should resurrect this project :D . Hey no one's even using Solar or Vh1 anymore...
It would have to be done from scratch, heh. But it's not an impossibility.

I just don't have time to take charge of it, though (find artists, coordinate them, etc), but would certainly enjoy contributing to the plot and help edit the scripting.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:43:45 pm

I just don't have time to take charge of it, though (find artists, coordinate them, etc), but would certainly enjoy contributing to the plot and help edit the scripting.
:hm:

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:31:02 am

Once upon a time, members of the board got together to create original comics as part of a Thought Universe. That's a project that would be fun to revive (not necessarily those concepts as I don't know what happened to the people involved with it or why it died out, really, but something like it).

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:00:33 am

Once upon a time, members of the board got together to create original comics as part of a Thought Universe. That's a project that would be fun to revive (not necessarily those concepts as I don't know what happened to the people involved with it or why it died out, really, but something like it).
That sounds really interesting, I seem to have a vague memory of that but no specifics come to mind. I agree it would be fun. Sorry didn't see this post, been sick for a bit with this virus thing.

Man-of-The-Atom

Ryan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:49:56 pm

That sounds really interesting, I seem to have a vague memory of that but no specifics come to mind. I agree it would be fun. Sorry didn't see this post, been sick for a bit with this virus thing.
No problem. Feel better.

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Man-of-The-Atom wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:34:09 am
Ryan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:49:56 pm

No problem. Feel better.
:thumb: