The Lot #3 & #4 (Bad Idea)

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
The Lot #3 & #4 (Bad Idea)

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

This 4 part series just didn’t work for me. Story by Marguerite Bennett was clunky to read and wasn’t helped by Renato Guedes’ murky art. Poor editorial selection to pair these 2 as either the writer needed a clearer art style to enhance the writing or the artist needed a clearer story teller to balance out the murkiness of the art. The art was excellent in places but too many panels were unclear and maybe the black and white colouring didn’t help either.

The story is basically about some Hollywood types who make a pact with ‘The Binder’ which means they’ll have successful careers but at the expense of human sacrifices. The main character, Aviva, merges with ‘the Binder’ and exacts revenge. Too much like hard work to read this.

B side on #3 was ‘Monsters in My Life’ by Peter Milligan. It began well but a weird non-description ending let it down.

B side on #4 was a ‘Tankers’ tale by Vditti. This was a decent enough pre-cursor to the Tankers series so if you’ve read that then you know the implication of what they’re doing.

Overall 3/5 for The Lot - one of the weaker Bad Idea efforts so far, very missable.

TheFerg714
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: July 2014
Favorite character: Archer
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp
Re: The Lot #3 & #4 (Bad Idea)

Post by TheFerg714 »

Although I thought it ended strong, I wasn't super impressed with it. It could have easily been shortened to a tight 2 issues.