Pyrate Queen #1 & #2 (Bad Idea)

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Pyrate Queen #1 & #2 (Bad Idea)

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Long delay in receiving these books so got both issues at the same time.

Intriguing story by Milligan with exceptional art by Adam Pollina and perfect colouring by Tamra Bonvillain (Who sounds like she could be a pirate!). The tale of ‘Monday Ryan’ a female pirate who goes on a revenge mission to kill the British Naval Officers who doubled crossed her and murdered her husband. Monday is only spared as she is pregnant and she is able to exploit a Navy rule about taking the life of an unborn child.

Great pacing by Milligan, the story weaves and interesting path with good supporting characters. Not the most orginal in terms of the British upper class being the ‘ruthless bad guys’, talk about a trope, it’s been done a million times before but the story is enjoyable nevertheless. The art and colouring are phenomenal and worth the price of the book alone.

The side B’s on both issues are by Matt Kindt and he delivers his usual weird and wonderful storylines which are definitely worth checking out. AND there’s an ENIAC reference in the back up story of issue #2 which indicates they’re building a shared universe of some sorts! :o

4.5/5 :clap:

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: Pyrate Queen #1 & #2 (Bad Idea)

Post by grendeljd »

I passed on this title as it did not appeal to me in any way on seeing the previews. Looks like really solid art and all, but not a story that compels me to read it.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.
Re: Pyrate Queen #1 & #2 (Bad Idea)

Post by mrwoogieman »

First issue was really good, looking forward to the rest of the story!
:hm: