Passive Aggressive (Aggressive version)

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Passive Aggressive (Aggressive version)

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Matt Kindt and David Lapham team up to bring 2 different perspectives of the same story. No doubt everyone knows the drill by now but some shops got the ‘Aggressive’ version and some got the ‘Passive’ version. As there’s only on chain in the UK the whole country got the ‘Aggressive’ version, not sure how (if) I’ll get my hands on the Passive version of the story. :?

Imagine a cross between Batman and the Punisher in which a billionaire dishes out extreme violence and you’ve just imagined ‘the Watch’! He’s the central character of a tale of revenge when a hacker takes his billions from his account. The Watch goes to Russia to track down who he ‘thinks’ is responsible and chaos ensues.

Need the Passive version to get the full story or just listen to Sean Neprud’s excellent podcast ‘overthinking the bad’!

Back up story ‘the Erasure’ from Matt Kindt and Klaus Janson is the tale of a hitman’s regret with fantastic art from Janson!

Shame Dinesh didn’t get the likes of Lapham and Janson on Valiant books.

4/5 - excellent read, superb art. :thumb:

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
Re: Passive Aggressive (Aggressive version)

Post by Oxmyx »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:41:40 pm Matt Kindt and David Lapham team up to bring 2 different perspectives of the same story. No doubt everyone knows the drill by now but some shops got the ‘Aggressive’ version and some got the ‘Passive’ version. As there’s only on chain in the UK the whole country got the ‘Aggressive’ version, not sure how (if) I’ll get my hands on the Passive version of the story. :?

Imagine a cross between Batman and the Punisher in which a billionaire dishes out extreme violence and you’ve just imagined ‘the Watch’! He’s the central character of a tale of revenge when a hacker takes his billions from his account. The Watch goes to Russia to track down who he ‘thinks’ is responsible and chaos ensues.

Need the Passive version to get the full story or just listen to Sean Neprud’s excellent podcast ‘overthinking the bad’!

Back up story ‘the Erasure’ from Matt Kindt and Klaus Janson is the tale of a hitman’s regret with fantastic art from Janson!

Shame Dinesh didn’t get the likes of Lapham and Janson on Valiant books.

4/5 - excellent read, superb art. :thumb:
Question, Dallow. Is this a DMG book? I'm wondering if you posted in the wrong [forum?] page.
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

It’s absolutely is NOT DMG book…however as it’s produced by Dinesh et al I consider it more legit Valiant that the garbage spewed out under the Valiant name at the moment.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38:38 pm It’s absolutely is NOT DMG book…however as it’s produced by Dinesh et al I consider it more legit Valiant that the garbage spewed out under the Valiant name at the moment.
I’d say this is a valid point. Valiant in every way but title box on the cover. And the current Valiants are Valiant in name only.

Dallow Spicer1

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Chiclo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:33:32 pm
Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:38:38 pm It’s absolutely is NOT DMG book…however as it’s produced by Dinesh et al I consider it more legit Valiant that the garbage spewed out under the Valiant name at the moment.
I’d say this is a valid point. Valiant in every way but title box on the cover. And the current Valiants are Valiant in name only.
Precisely Chiclo!

mrwoogieman
All this talk of 'snipping' is making me keep my legs crossed.

Post by mrwoogieman »

I have both versions but have not yet read either.

I did read Pyrate Queen and Monster Kill Squad, however. I liked PQ but MKS needs some more development.
:hm:

mrwoogieman

Post by mrwoogieman »

I read the Aggressive story and it was pretty good. The art was a little too modern style for me but that's okay. Not sure what the blank pages are supposed to denote, yet. Maybe the Passive story will provide an explanation. Did not read the back up story as yet.
:hm: