Shadowman #4 (by Cullen Bunn)

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Shadowman #4 (by Cullen Bunn)

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

It seems like we're avoiding to talk about this one! I wonder why?!?

I'm still torn between calling her Lady or Miss Deadside. And I still wish it's Alyssa and the Blight killed her (first). If it's Alyssa it would at least make sense that Deadside said Jack's feelings towards her are love (not fear). For 2.5 issues this story felt very connected to continuity and what Diggle had fixed and then, for the last 1.5 issues it's just really confusing.

Not sure what Valiant is doing??? 5-6 months off after a 4 issue arc. If this is their new strategy, they're really good at digging their own grave.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Re: Shadowman #4 (by Cullen Bunn)

Post by SwiftMann »

I knew there were folks liking this so I thought one of them might post. They didn't.

For me, it was another issue with a solid, creepy opening. But then it becomes another issue of monologue and two completely unnecessary double-page spreads. There's just not enough story here.

And, yeah, whatever this release schedule is of 4 issues and then a long break mid-story is a head-scratcher.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246