Quantum & Woody (2020) #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman
Quantum & Woody (2020) #4 Discussion

Post by SwiftMann »

Dear Valiant,

Please stop trying to make Quantum & Woody happen. You are unbelievably bad at it.

Regards,
SwiftMann
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: Quantum & Woody (2020) #4 Discussion

Post by Chiclo »

Too true.

Although I’ve got a good idea for a Betamax mini.

geocarr
Those responsible for those remarks have been sacked.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Chiclo wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:05:52 pm Although I’ve got a good idea for a Betamax mini.
Do it! For the love of the Goat, do it NOW!!
***Support your local farmers!***

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

Chiclo wrote:Too true.

Although I’ve got a good idea for a Betamax mini.
I had an idea where Neela recruits him for a time travel mission to the 80s because he’s the only compatible tech for the time period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

SwiftMann wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:50:02 pm Dear Valiant,

Please stop trying to make Quantum & Woody happen. You are unbelievably bad at it.

Regards,
SwiftMann
So you have developed a unique contrivance to not like certain "fun"/super-hero style books. It's fine for you, but it is in no way a valid, objective argument against the quality of any book. :lol:

SwiftMann

Post by SwiftMann »

Yeah, no.

I love the original Q&W. So, its not about the property or the type of book. I want Q&W to be a part of the universe and have great comics. VEI/DMG has simply swung and missed every time.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant fan since: VH1 Ninjak #1!
Favorite character: Ninjak
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Emanuela Lupacchino

Post by JonesyAZ »

SwiftMann wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:31:07 am Yeah, no.

I love the original Q&W. So, its not about the property or the type of book. I want Q&W to be a part of the universe and have great comics. VEI/DMG has simply swung and missed every time.
Then stop buying/*SQUEE* about Q&W. SIMPLE as that.
The "Unity Suite" ... in progress ...

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

JonesyAZ wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:08:05 am

Isn’t that the point of being a fan. You don’t want to stop buying you want the company to get better?

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:33:58 am

Isn’t that the point of being a fan. You don’t want to stop buying you want the company to get better?
It is part of being a fan, sure. But Swift said that "VEI/DMG" has simply swung and missed every time," indicating that everything since the original Q&W hasn't been to his liking. I figure after giving it that many tries, and not enjoying any of it...maybe Swift should stop buying Q&W. Also, in general...MANY Valiant fans have bashed DMG since day one; it's been tiring for me, as a long-time fan to read the hate. So, i've challenged my own feelings about that by giving the DMG books a fair chance and not jumping on the bandwagon of negativity. And most of it has been enjoyable for me, as a fan of Valiant characters. What I am going to personally do from this point forward, is choose to read what I want and what I don't and keep my opinions to myself. There's enough negativity in our media and world right now and I don't want to read it on what used to me my favorite fan community/forum. Peace out.

SwiftMann

Post by SwiftMann »

Yup. Especially as one of the many fans here who has invested the time and money to read every Valiant comic ever and wants to continue to do so for the love of the characters and hopes that current ownership will find the right tone and creative teams for each. I'm not looking for a rehash of the 90s, just good comics with these great characters.

JonesyAZ
Valiant...it moved.
Valiant...it moved.

Post by JonesyAZ »

SwiftMann wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:31:46 pm

Yup. Especially as one of the many fans here who has invested the time and money to read every Valiant comic ever and wants to continue to do so for the love of the characters and hopes that current ownership will find the right tone and creative teams for each. I'm not looking for a rehash of the 90s, just good comics with these great characters.
Swift, I sincerely apologize for the way I reacted and responded to you. I acknowledge that my own frustrations with DMG-era books not quite being up to par with what pre-DMG VEI was releasing came out inappropriately. It is true that i'm still enjoying the newer books as fun comic reads, but the lack of depth is frustrating for me. And I also have a hard time reading negative comments about Valiant. BUT...this is okay. It's okay if us fans don't like something or if we do like something.

I appreciate that you helped me acknowledge my feelings on Valiant and again, I am sorry for taking some of my frustrations out directly or indirectly onto you my friend.

geocarr
Favorite character: Vincent the Goat!
Favorite title: All of them!

Post by geocarr »

Web en i read your post last night Jonesy, I just thought you'd had one too many Red Bulls or something ... :?

Keep it real buddy :thumb:
***Support your local farmers!***

SwiftMann

Post by SwiftMann »

JonesyAZ wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:04:35 pm
SwiftMann wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:31:46 pm

Swift, I sincerely apologize for the way I reacted and responded to you. I acknowledge that my own frustrations with DMG-era books not quite being up to par with what pre-DMG VEI was releasing came out inappropriately. It is true that i'm still enjoying the newer books as fun comic reads, but the lack of depth is frustrating for me. And I also have a hard time reading negative comments about Valiant. BUT...this is okay. It's okay if us fans don't like something or if we do like something.

I appreciate that you helped me acknowledge my feelings on Valiant and again, I am sorry for taking some of my frustrations out directly or indirectly onto you my friend.
No worries. Thanks for clearing it up. I am very much not enjoying the last few years of Valiant, but can't quit now, so stuff definitely comes off snarky. When it comes to Q&W, it's extra strong because I think VEI and DMG have completely missed the point with the characters. I recently read Priest and Bright's run again. It's still brilliant 20+ years later. Brilliant. I just want these to not be dumb, but they aren't even hitting that bar.