Dead Drop

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

armlessphelan
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Dead Drop

Post by armlessphelan »

So, I don't read Valiant when it comes out. I usually read the books when there is a sale on Comixology. Finally got around to reading Dead Drop all these years later and I never expected Valiant to publish such a steaming pile of mediocrity. I say this as someone who liked Ales Kot's Image series.

At least the first issue showed promise?
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: Dead Drop

Post by BugsySig »

armlessphelan wrote:So, I don't read Valiant when it comes out. I usually read the books when there is a sale on Comixology. Finally got around to reading Dead Drop all these years later and I never expected Valiant to publish such a steaming pile of mediocrity. I say this as someone who liked Ales Kot's Image series.

Beta Max was the only decent thing in that book. It was a script Kit already had that he show horned valiant characters into just so Warren could publish something for him. It was wired.
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

armlessphelan

Post by armlessphelan »

BugsySig wrote:
armlessphelan wrote:So, I don't read Valiant when it comes out. I usually read the books when there is a sale on Comixology. Finally got around to reading Dead Drop all these years later and I never expected Valiant to publish such a steaming pile of mediocrity. I say this as someone who liked Ales Kot's Image series.

Beta Max was the only decent thing in that book. It was a script Kit already had that he show horned valiant characters into just so Warren could publish something for him. It was wired.
I did dig the usage of the fax machine. But the way the whole plot was resolved was the stupidest thing ever. Was this a heavily promoted event or something just kinda tossed out at the time?
Manga, comics, who cares? They're pretty much the same thing.

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

armlessphelan wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

I did dig the usage of the fax machine. But the way the whole plot was resolved was the stupidest thing ever. Was this a heavily promoted event or something just kinda tossed out at the time?
I’d say it got the same promotion as anything else at the time. It was always kind of strange though. No one could quite figure out what it was. And it was rare for VEI to put out a title that wasn’t a known IP at the time (I think Delinquents was the only other one).
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t