XO Manowar [2017] #18 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
XO Manowar [2017] #18 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

I have continued to be lax in my discussion thread creation lately! Sorry guys - too much on the go lately!!

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Harbinger Wars II #4], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr177/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Re: XO Manowar [2017] #18 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

Guess no one was really desperate to start a discussion about this issue, eh? I’ll admit, I’m behind on reading XO as I’m not really interested in this story arc, myself.
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"

Post by hawkeyeps »

*crickets*

Nicely done Kindt.

WrathOfArmstrong
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: April 2017
Favorite title: Wrath of Eternal Warrior
Favorite writer: Venditte
Favorite artist: Juan Jose Ryp

Post by WrathOfArmstrong »

maybe it's just ill timed. It's an okay issue, an okay story arc. But it's not the story arc I think most people wanted.

so crickets, you may get back to work...

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

WrathOfArmstrong wrote:maybe it's just ill timed. It's an okay issue, an okay story arc. But it's not the story arc I think most people wanted.

Yeah, I agree, just ‘okay’ but alongside the disappointment of Harby Wars 2 it seems like a wasted arc. The coliseum with the water and the boats seemed far fetched and unnecessary. :?

I like the character of Sabbas and someone on the board previously mentioned a theory about him linking to Divinity and the more I think of it then I think this may be a possibility. Both black characters, both have the ‘mohican’ style on their heads (Divinity as part of his helmet I grant you) and the next arc is linked to Eternity so....... :hm:

The last page with Capshaw/Sabbas plus Hairsine’s art made this issue worthwhile.

3/5 - need to pump some life back into the flagship title

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'm pretty ambivalent about the arc. Not bad, just not that great. Seemed like an awful long way to go to get what we got. Aric's character has been moved forward by seeing his Visigoth enclave adopting the modern world and his (former) wife with her new husband.

jxm640
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: GIN-GR
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by jxm640 »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
WrathOfArmstrong wrote:maybe it's just ill timed. It's an okay issue, an okay story arc. But it's not the story arc I think most people wanted.

Yeah, I agree, just ‘okay’ but alongside the disappointment of Harby Wars 2 it seems like a wasted arc. The coliseum with the water and the boats seemed far fetched and unnecessary. :?
This actually used to happen at the Colosseum. I don't know how they managed to fill it, but these battles did happen.

I don't think that it was a necessary detail for the issue, but just another historical fact.
This is what happens when you try to work...

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

jxm640 wrote:This actually used to happen at the Colosseum. I don't know how they managed to fill it, but these battles did happen.
QFT.