Shadowman [2018] #5 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Shadowman [2018] #5 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Quantum & Woody [2017] #8, & Ninja-K #9], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr171/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Outcast
If you gave Aric hugs and kisses, would it be XOXO X-O?
Valiant fan since: 1995
Favorite character: Shadowman and Livewire
Favorite title: Shadowman
Favorite writer: Too many!
Favorite artist: Too Many
Re: Shadowman [2018] #5 Discussion

Post by The Outcast »

Best issue so far! I'm so excited that we know who the Loa is now. And it fits so well! Explains the rage and everything! Andy has clearly done his research!
Pulls:
Valiant: Shadowman, Coffin: La Muerta

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

It seemed totally out of character for Sandria, so I assumed it was Master Darque taking Sandria's form. :hm:

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

greg wrote:It seemed totally out of character for Sandria, so I assumed it was Master Darque taking Sandria's form. :hm:
That or, how I read it was, she was being harsh cause she had to be. She could tell that he needed to move on to keep the blood line going so Jack could be a thing, so she's being mean in order to keep history going. At least that's my view on it.
Pulls:

markie7235
My posts can all fit in a short box
My posts can all fit in a short box

Post by markie7235 »

The Outcast wrote:
greg wrote:It seemed totally out of character for Sandria, so I assumed it was Master Darque taking Sandria's form. :hm:
That or, how I read it was, she was being harsh cause she had to be. She could tell that he needed to move on to keep the blood line going so Jack could be a thing, so she's being mean in order to keep history going. At least that's my view on it.
I read it as it was, only because we don't really know how much time has passed, or what events have occurred in Sandria's life. Maybe time with her brother left her more jaded and detached. Maybe Marius was always a tool for her. Master Darque has always been a bit more straight forward in his ambitions, but Sandria even in the original Shadowman books was a bit more elusive in what she wanted. She was often portrayed as anywhere from helpful to the heroes, supporting of her brother, and often times aloof and indifferent all together. I'd say this issue was very much in line with what I've come to expect from Sandria, which is she doesn't really pick sides or keep allies very long and flows with the changing tides.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

markie7235 wrote:
The Outcast wrote:
I read it as it was, only because we don't really know how much time has passed, or what events have occurred in Sandria's life. Maybe time with her brother left her more jaded and detached. Maybe Marius was always a tool for her. Master Darque has always been a bit more straight forward in his ambitions, but Sandria even in the original Shadowman books was a bit more elusive in what she wanted. She was often portrayed as anywhere from helpful to the heroes, supporting of her brother, and often times aloof and indifferent all together. I'd say this issue was very much in line with what I've come to expect from Sandria, which is she doesn't really pick sides or keep allies very long and flows with the changing tides.
True. And she even said, she could see Jack. So she most likely knew that no matter what Marius did, it wouldn't matter, as she saw a bit of the future with Jack.

I reread it today, still loved it! I normally read it once in the day and then one more time during the week, to see if I missed anything haha.
Pulls:

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I just read all five issues and am enjoying the series. Great issue!

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

This and Ninja-K are the best books coming out of Valiant right now. Both have strong continuity nods whilst taking the respective characters in a new direction.

I hope they last but chances are they'll both end up as being 'maxi-series' rather than ongoings.

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Best issue so far, LOVED IT!!!!! :clap:
#StayValiant

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Bl00dsh0t wrote:This and Ninja-K are the best books coming out of Valiant right now. Both have strong continuity nods whilst taking the respective characters in a new direction.

I hope they last but chances are they'll both end up as being 'maxi-series' rather than ongoings.
Well it will at least be 2 years, as Andy has two years panned out. Doo that's 24, that's longer then a lot of other series get lol.

They should bring Unity back and put some unused characters in there with a rotating cast.
Pulls: