X-O Manowar [2017] #15 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
X-O Manowar [2017] #15 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Shadowman [2018] #3], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr165/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello
Re: X-O Manowar [2017] #15 Discussion

Post by otomo »

Anotherrrrr backstory issue that doesn't move the story forward. Between this and Bloodshot Salvation, I swear. Art was really nice, and it was well done within the context but it's just too high a percentage of books that do this too often in VEI. They honestly haven't developed the present enough to really warrant doing this much and should tighten up the universe in my humble editorial opinion.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

otomo wrote:Anotherrrrr backstory issue that doesn't move the story forward. Between this and Bloodshot Salvation, I swear. Art was really nice, and it was well done within the context but it's just too high a percentage of books that do this too often in VEI. They honestly haven't developed the present enough to really warrant doing this much and should tighten up the universe in my humble editorial opinion.
Sadly, I'm pretty sure this whole 4 issue story arc is a backstory while HW2 is going on. Very much like how the Rai series went to a story from the past during the 4001 event.

I liked the story for what it was, and I'm sure the remaining 3 issues will be interesting and add some cool history to the character. I don't hate the diversion as much as some seem to, but I (like many others it seems) am ready to be done with the diversions and have Aric back on Earth and dealing with the rest of the Valiant universe. I know we'll be seeing Aric in the HW2 issues though, maybe even in next weeks issue, so our wait to see more of him on Earth dealing with the issues going on.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Phoenix8008 wrote:Sadly, I'm pretty sure this whole 4 issue story arc is a backstory while HW2 is going on. Very much like how the Rai series went to a story from the past during the 4001 event.

I liked the story for what it was, and I'm sure the remaining 3 issues will be interesting and add some cool history to the character. I don't hate the diversion as much as some seem to, but I (like many others it seems) am ready to be done with the diversions and have Aric back on Earth and dealing with the rest of the Valiant universe. I know we'll be seeing Aric in the HW2 issues though, maybe even in next weeks issue, so our wait to see more of him on Earth dealing with the issues going on.
That about sums it up for me, at this point. I don't mind a flashback story but it had better tie into other events pretty strongly.

Btw, who is narrating this? I wasn't quite sure.

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

I enjoyed this issue and I was glad to have Hairsine on art duty as the Olivetti and Bodenheim didn’t really do it for me art wise. To me it makes sense in a shared universe to do this type of story whilst an ‘event’ is happening otherwise you have to cross the ongoing book into the event which complicates things and leaves gaps for continuity blunders.

Interested to see where Kindt goes with this 4/5 :thumb:

Sunlight on Snow

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

"You're sure these rivers flow directly into Rome?" :lol:

I like this story a lot and there's probably more to it than just being a random story. It feels like parts of the story are made up by Shanhara, for instance the mysterious Sabbas. Shanhara knows she can't just tell Aric what to do because he doesn't trust the armor anymore but Shanhara also knows Aric should not trust some other people (in HW2) because of what Livewire told Aric. Shanhara and Livewire had bonded before and Shanhara knows Livewire can be trusted.