Ninja-K #7 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Ninja-K #7 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Bloodshot: Salvation #9], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr164/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre
Re: Ninja-K #7 Discussion

Post by agent_graves »

Dear Punk Mambo...

I LOVE YOU!! :cloud9:

Not that it matters but, Ryp really should have been kept on Brittania, amazing artist, just not for this type of book... :hm:
#StayValiant

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Livewire, Mirage, Punk Mambo, and GIN-GR in the same book, and Colin right in the middle of it. :lol:

Ninja-K is getting better and better!

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Livewire, Mirage, Punk Mambo, and GIN-GR in the same book, and Colin right in the middle of it. :lol:

Ninja-K is getting better and better!
Yeah, it's really cool that the VEI universe has been around long enough to throw together this many characters with all of their back stories and power sets. Love it!

otomo
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Valiant fan since: 2017
Favorite character: XO Manowar
Favorite title: XO Manowar
Favorite writer: Matt Kindt
Favorite artist: Tomas Giorello

Post by otomo »

I thought this was a rough week overall for Valiant. Art really took a nosedive for this arc. Distracted me badly enough I couldn't get through the book.
Like XO Manowar or Conan The Barbarian? Check out my new graphic novel, DEUS VULT on IndieGoGo now: Deus Vult: http://igg.me/at/deusvult.

grendeljd
Valiant fan since: 1991
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

Finally had a chance to read this issue & loved it! Great art by Ryp as usual & loving this story arc so far. :thumb: :thumb:

I thought all the characterization was really solid, the interactions were good between all the "heroes" preparing to confront the Coaliton. Loved the discussion around what the state of team Unity is, and glad to see GIN-GR again. Particularly liked the way Colin reacted to having to deal with having to work with Punk Mambo again - these two have been thrown together quite a bit & definitely clash in their style & personalities.

Also really glad to see the Doctors' Mirage "show up". Again, great characterization & dialogue - really liked how Christos Gage plays off the fact that Hwen is invisible to nearly everyone, and extends that to the reader experience by not showing him or giving him any dialogue.

And I also loved that we see The Dying One is involved, and is still inhabiting that random housewife's body from the Wrath of Eternal Warrior arc. Any guesses as to who she is working on resurrecting there? I continue to be a big fan of The Coalition as a "super villain" group. Can't wait for the next issue!
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunlight on Snow

grendeljd wrote:And I also loved that we see The Dying One is involved, and is still inhabiting that random housewife's body from the Wrath of Eternal Warrior arc. Any guesses as to who she is working on resurrecting there? I continue to be a big fan of The Coalition as a "super villain" group. Can't wait for the next issue!
Keeping in mind who's involved only one person really comes to mind.

Phoenix8008
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
I don't know about a power, but I keep hearing these weird tones from the radio
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart

Post by Phoenix8008 »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:And I also loved that we see The Dying One is involved, and is still inhabiting that random housewife's body from the Wrath of Eternal Warrior arc. Any guesses as to who she is working on resurrecting there? I continue to be a big fan of The Coalition as a "super villain" group. Can't wait for the next issue!
I didn't even catch that the 'girl scientist' was called the Dying One and is the villain guy from the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior series! So is he trying to resurrect Gilad again? Or is Gilad alive again already? I don't remember. I'm not sure who else it would be if not Gilad.
-Phoenix8008 (a.k.a. Charticus!)
Viva la Valiant!
(moderator of r/Valiant subreddit)

Sunlight on Snow

Phoenix8008 wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:
I didn't even catch that the 'girl scientist' was called the Dying One and is the villain guy from the Wrath of the Eternal Warrior series! So is he trying to resurrect Gilad again? Or is Gilad alive again already? I don't remember. I'm not sure who else it would be if not Gilad.
Yes, Gilad. At the beginning of the final arc of Wrath Gilad asked Aric to kill him again so he could go back to his afterlife, safe Kalam, and reunited with his family. The Awakening one-shot was set in the past. In Vault of Spirits he was still in the afterlife which is why Armstrong brought Punk Mambo.

The Dying One has the expertise to bring back Gilad and who else would make sense? The question is will Linton March have what it takes to control and/or possess Gilad? There's no way Gilad would voluntarily fight for the Coalition and against Colin.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:Yes, Gilad. At the beginning of the final arc of Wrath Gilad asked Aric to kill him again so he could go back to his afterlife, safe Kalam, and reunited with his family. The Awakening one-shot was set in the past. In Vault of Spirits he was still in the afterlife which is why Armstrong brought Punk Mambo.

The Dying One has the expertise to bring back Gilad and who else would make sense?
As I read it I was trying to remember where I knew that character name from. Thanks for reminding me. :thumb:

This is one of the drawbacks to having so much material being published in spurts, though. It's hard enough for dedicated fans to keep track of events a year or more after they're published... new readers may be utterly confused.