Quantum & Woody [2017] #5 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Quantum & Woody [2017] #5 Discussion

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& Ninjak vs. The Valiant Universe #4], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr161/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Quantum & Woody [2017] #5 Discussion

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

Something just didn't feel right about this issue. Negative One, for instance, switching her allegiance to the good guys just so she can take them down? And then the all too convenient 'blow up everything and ruin Kid Telsa's plans. It just felt sloppy and a little rushed. I do like Thedge the Hedge tho - he's cool and I dug the continuity nod with the Clones and also liked the mentioning of G.A.T.E.

I thought the last panel was interesting....mentioning that Q&W would return in future adventures...makes me think that Q&W would've ended at #5 and gone on hiatus ala Rai if the previous regime was still at the helm.

One thing I've noticed since the DMG take over is that the ongoing series are starting to feel more connected. We haven't really seen that since HW1. :thumb:

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Enjoyed Kibblesmith and Kano’s run on Q&W and I’m sorry to see it end. These characters can become tedious very quickly in the wrong hands and the art has to be able to help convey the humour so I hope this can be the case when the new creature be team start.

3.75/5 Solid issue

kjjohanson
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Now I bet you're all going to want me to drag it out and show you.
Valiant fan since: Magnus #1
Favorite character: Anon-Lurker
Favorite title: Archer & Armstrong
Favorite writer: Fred Van Lente

Post by kjjohanson »

So, I'm way behind on reading some books, so I'm catching up with this Q&W series before the new one starts. Was amused by Woody's dad's question, "So did I miss any championship games or piano recitals when you were growing up?"
If you're not a *SQUEE*, you're okay with me.