Rapture #3 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Sunlight on Snow
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rapture #3 Discussion

Post by Sunlight on Snow »

Looks like nobody wants to talk about Rapture (#3) anymore. Is it a good or bad sign? :P

Is there any hope left for Jack? :?

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Re: Rapture #3 Discussion

Post by jmatt »

I liked it a lot. It ended with a good cliff hanger.

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [and Secret Weapons #2, & Britainnia: WWAATD #4], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr126/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

agent_graves
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

Jack realized he F'up, a tad bit late... :lol:

But he's the key according to Tama, so I'm expecting him to be the one to set things right....

The banter between Tama and Ninjak is pure "Gold", I love those two on panel together...
#StayValiant

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

agent_graves wrote:Jack realized he F'up, a tad bit late... :lol:
I'm having difficulty believing that Jack would sell out humanity to escape his burden, even with the memory of his father haunting him. I mean, Babel makes no secret of his intentions and even talks about the humans "that survived" his first foray. Could Jack / Magpie actually believe he's doing something good?

agent_graves
Valiant fan since: Since VEI(Turok #1?)
Favorite character: Divinity/Shadowman/LiveWire
Favorite title: Divinity/Imperium/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Kindt/Lemire/Dysart
Favorite artist: Mann/Cafu/De la Torre

Post by agent_graves »

jmatt wrote:
agent_graves wrote:Jack realized he F'up, a tad bit late... :lol:
I'm having difficulty believing that Jack would sell out humanity to escape his burden, even with the memory of his father haunting him. I mean, Babel makes no secret of his intentions and even talks about the humans "that survived" his first foray. Could Jack / Magpie actually believe he's doing something good?
That's the point Matt's trying to drive home, that moment with his father, is still eating at him...

He needs to do something heroic, something that makes him feel validated for his past transgressions. Hopefully will see that in the conclusion of Rapture....
#StayValiant

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

agent_graves wrote:That's the point Matt's trying to drive home, that moment with his father, is still eating at him...

He needs to do something heroic, something that makes him feel validated for his past transgressions.
Yes, but helping Babel wipe out a large chunk of humanity is how he plans on redeeming himself? If so, that's an odd choice.

But Tama says he's the key, so perhaps that was all destined to happen.

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

This is an enjoyable mini series, not blowing me away but keeping me interested nevertheless. It gets better with each issue and it's definitely worth picking up if anyone's on the fence about it. Matt Kindt has got one weird and crazy imagination when it comes to characters he makes up. Art is pretty solid too.
My only nit pick is how goofy the Punk mambo Loa looks, it takes me out of the story a bit.

3.75/5 :thumb:

WhoDoo
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: XO 90's Zero issue
Favorite character: Pete
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: LaRosa and Mico

Post by WhoDoo »

I wounder how deep Matt looked into Voodoo culture, myths, beliefs, and history. I had recently went to Haiti and talked to the Son of a Voodoo priest and got some really telling insight on what would likely happen if someone lost their Loa.
Check out our video as I talk about what I was told about this subject. https://youtu.be/ef5hxbdw3Q0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunlight on Snow

How come Tama doesn't like Ninjak killing a friggin' Bereaver but she calls the brutal, bloody, savage Rex the Razer a friend? :lol:

Where did the important conduit thing go? When Babel and Jack reach the platform on top of the tower the giant circle seems to be gone. :?

greg
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character

Post by greg »

Sunlight on Snow wrote:How come Tama doesn't like Ninjak killing a friggin' Bereaver but she calls the brutal, bloody, savage Rex the Razer a friend? :lol:
Ever since the first image of him, I've been pretty sure that Rex the Razer is Gilad. Or is that too obvious? :hm:

Dallow Spicer1
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

greg wrote:
Sunlight on Snow wrote:How come Tama doesn't like Ninjak killing a friggin' Bereaver but she calls the brutal, bloody, savage Rex the Razer a friend? :lol:
Ever since the first image of him, I've been pretty sure that Rex the Razer is Gilad. Or is that too obvious? :hm:
I didn't think it was Gilad but I did think they've gone to the well too many times with the scarred face thing now that Antonius Axia has got one too!

greg

Post by greg »

Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
greg wrote:
I didn't think it was Gilad but I did think they've gone to the well too many times with the scarred face thing now that Antonius Axia has got one too!
Well, "Rex" means "King", we've had King/Emperor Gilad stories... there's been a "deadside" Gilad series (with multiple families/kids)... Rex has the "one shoulderguard" thing going... and Tama only has one friend, besides the gummy-pet, and that was Gilad.

Sunlight on Snow

greg wrote:
Dallow Spicer1 wrote:
greg wrote:
Well, "Rex" means "King", we've had King/Emperor Gilad stories... there's been a "deadside" Gilad series (with multiple families/kids)... Rex has the "one shoulder guard" thing going... and Tama only has one friend, besides the gummy-pet, and that was Gilad.
The last time we saw Gilad in the Deadside his face still showed 3 giant scars (instead of 1.5), he carried a giant axe (instead of a sword), and his dead family still called him by his actual name (not Rex).

Sunlight on Snow

Crazy theory....

Kazmir had turned Gilad into Rex and when Abram cleaned up Kazmir's mess he forgot to take care of Gilad/Rex in the Deadside (because he may not know about it). :o :lol:

EDIT: Woohoo, my 666th post around here with a crazy theory about the Deadside. :twisted: :clap:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

greg wrote:
Mmm, there are some visual similarities but I don't know about that... for one thing his backstory is that he's been down there since time immemorial. Plus, a Geomancer not recognizing the Fist and Steel? Okay, Deadside could play into that but there are a lot of things that don't line up for me.

greg

Post by greg »

jmatt wrote:
greg wrote:
Mmm, there are some visual similarities but I don't know about that... for one thing his backstory is that he's been down there since time immemorial. Plus, a Geomancer not recognizing the Fist and Steel? Okay, Deadside could play into that but there are a lot of things that don't line up for me.
What if Rex the Razer is the King of the Burnt (X-O Manowar 2017 series)?