How do you guys feel about the Spirit Zombies in Shadowman?

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

MoonChild
I HAVE NO INTENT ON BEING PATIENT!
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
How do you guys feel about the Spirit Zombies in Shadowman?

Post by MoonChild »

I really hope they are not implying that when anyone dies they turn into a Zombie-Ghost! lol. What would be totally lame. Anyone have any ideas or insight into this? How did those Spirit-Zombies come to be??
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: How do you guys feel about the Spirit Zombies in Shadowm

Post by BugsySig »

I don't think that's for all Sirits, just the ones that either get drained of their life force via magic like Twist's victims, or those who get stuck in the Deadside and don't crossover.

If anyone watched "The Fades", I'd like to see a vibe like that with this concept. If you didn't, basically ghosts who get stuck and don't crossover hang around until they go crazy. Some start drinking human blood in order to be "reborn" and continue to subsist by eating human flesh there after.

This "hunger" by the Deadside spirits could be for "life force" in order to return to Earth or crossover :hm:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

MoonChild wrote:How did those Spirit-Zombies come to be??
A secret to be explained in a future issue, hopefully. Perhaps soon, Jack is about to start his training, it seems.

JustinJordan
I make Valiant comics.
I make Valiant comics.

Post by JustinJordan »

It's not meant to be a secret. People that get their necromantic energy stripped away enough (which kills them) become those hungry ghosts. It isn't what normally happens to ghosts in the Deadside, its related to how they died. When they went after Twist, they were getting that energy back.

But the nature of ghosts and the Deadside comes up in the next issue specifically and the next arc in general.

KXXX
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: Shadowman N64
Favorite character: 2012 Torque
Location: Up your butt and around the corner, all the way to California

Post by KXXX »

JustinJordan wrote:It's not meant to be a secret. People that get their necromantic energy stripped away enough (which kills them) become those hungry ghosts. It isn't what normally happens to ghosts in the Deadside, its related to how they died. When they went after Twist, they were getting that energy back.

But the nature of ghosts and the Deadside comes up in the next issue specifically and the next arc in general.
Well... there goes my 'unbaptised babies' theory

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

JustinJordan wrote:It's not meant to be a secret. People that get their necromantic energy stripped away enough (which kills them) become those hungry ghosts. It isn't what normally happens to ghosts in the Deadside, its related to how they died. When they went after Twist, they were getting that energy back.

Thanks, Justin! Always nice to have you pop in and clarify something. Plus, it makes me sound super awesome when I'm on another board and I can say, "Well, Justin Jordan told me..." 8-)

Really looking forward to the second arc, more Darque, and a look into how Jack will reconcile being the Shadowman with his normal life. :thumb:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

JustinJordan wrote:People that get their necromantic energy stripped away enough (which kills them) become those hungry ghosts. ...When they went after Twist, they were getting that energy back.
Hmm, so there's a possible 'vengeance' angle as the ghosts steal back their energy from a source (or person) that possibly stole it from them in the first place.

I wonder if Jack could convince them to fight for him against Darque, like Aragorn convinces the Dead Men of Dunharrow to join him in his fight against Sauron... That could be kinda, ya know, epic... :hm:

BugsySig

Post by BugsySig »

jmatt wrote: I wonder if Jack could convince them to fight for him against Darque, like Aragorn convinces the Dead Men of Dunharrow to join him in his fight against Sauron... That could be kinda, ya know, epic... :hm:
Chalk one up for geek-tastic quote of the year :lol: :kidaround:

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

BugsySig wrote:
jmatt wrote: I wonder if Jack could convince them to fight for him against Darque, like Aragorn convinces the Dead Men of Dunharrow to join him in his fight against Sauron... That could be kinda, ya know, epic... :hm:
Chalk one up for geek-tastic quote of the year :lol: :kidaround:
:superstar: :high-five:

MoonChild
Favorite character: BloodShot
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart

Post by MoonChild »

Cool, thanks. :thumb:
Click the Sig, Hear Something Different!
http://www.reverbnation.com/lexmoon
Also, Check my reverbnation page^