X-O Manowar #6 discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada
Re: X-O Manowar #6 discussion

Post by BugsySig »

Blood of Heroes wrote:
apainter wrote:
Blood of Heroes wrote:I wonder if the only breed with each other or if by now they are all mostly human.
From what we've seen of Alexander, he's clearly attracted to humans. :banana:
Or... are Alexander, Patrick, et al, original Plantings? Maybe they live for centuries? Maybe they can't breed at all and the Vine have to make trips back to Earth to plant a new crop every few generations?

Questions questions...

Also, what do they do with the babies they replace the plantings with? Raise them to be slaves? Mulch em? Eat em?

Art
I'm pretty sure they've established that Alexander and his associates are descended from the original plantings.
I can't recall which issue.
I think it was issue 5. They say something like "when our ancestors first came here 16 centuries ago..."
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

nutflush76
Nanite-powered posting
Nanite-powered posting
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Rai
Favorite writer: Robert Venditti
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain

Post by nutflush76 »

BugsySig wrote:
nutflush76 wrote:
erwinrafael wrote:I don't think this is a case of a bad guy becoming a good guy. It's somebody realizing that aliens are invading the planet.
Yeah, but he was put on the planet by the Vine.
I think he thought you meant Ninjak. You must have been referring to Alexander, but from what we have seen he was never "bad". He has been against the invasion from the beginning and probably has limited ties to the Vine in general having lived on Earth his whole life as a human.
Yeah I meant Alexander. Ninjak hasn't joined the good side.. yet.

manga4life
Get those scissors away from my coupons
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by manga4life »

Issue #6 was amazing, the escalation of the conflict between Aric and Ninjak was awesome and their fight upon the plane was really well done if not a little short. I love how the Vine Soldiers are now planning to attack earth and Aric is now forced to try to pull Ninjak onto his side to help save the world from the impending doom in which he's created, what a wonderful story with lot's of little nuggets of fun tossed in. Ninjak has quickly become one of my favorite characters in the Valiant universe as well as all of comics, I look forward to seeing what the writers have in store for him in the near future and I hope he remains a relevant character for a long time to come.

Simply amazing!
NEW BLOG IS UP!

Twitter.com/manga4life

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com - 4/13/13 "CLASSIC GAMING: Discovering new gems is always the funnest part."

CylonSteve
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)
Valiant fan since: 2012
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: Van Lente

Post by CylonSteve »

Loved this issue, all I gotta say is it set it up nicely for planet death arc. I think what you guys said about the vine is interesting, and Alexander is pretty interesting. I gotta see them take on MI-6.