Harbinger #5 discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

hawkeyeps
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Everybody gets some "little extras"
Re: Harbinger #5 discussion

Post by hawkeyeps »

How about this- The Monk is out to activate as many Psiots as possible to add to the Akashic record while at the same time developing the technology to tap in to it?

And what if the "grey goo" is a result of PRS attempts to replicate the "goldies" with out the benefit of the Monk, the result is disaster- Atalee, Nevada.

manga4life
Get those scissors away from my coupons

Post by manga4life »

I just re-read Harbinger #5 and man, you can just feel the raw emotion of Peter while he's fighting inside of that crack house and back at Harada's place, it's as if he's desperate buy knows he much avenge his friend at the same time. I love this creative team, the way the writer actually writes Peter makes me want to just jump through the pages and help him out, it's really amazing how I'm drawn into feeling bad that he's lost his best friend and that he's stuck in this rut........until Faith stepped in to help. Just awesome plotting in my opinion, this book truly shines above 99% of the comics on store shelves month in and month out.
NEW BLOG IS UP!

Twitter.com/manga4life

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com - 4/13/13 "CLASSIC GAMING: Discovering new gems is always the funnest part."

BugsySig
I could be talking poo-doo.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

manga4life wrote:I just re-read Harbinger #6 and man, you can just feel the raw emotion of Peter while he's fighting inside of that crack house and back at Harada's place, it's as if he's desperate buy knows he much avenge his friend at the same time. I love this creative team, the way the writer actually writes Peter makes me want to just jump through the pages and help him out, it's really amazing how I'm drawn into feeling bad that he's lost his best friend and that he's stuck in this rut........until Faith stepped in to help. Just awesome plotting in my opinion, this book truly shines above 99% of the comics on store shelves month in and month out.
Dude...we're on #7 now :screwy:

:poke:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

manga4life

Post by manga4life »

BugsySig wrote:
manga4life wrote:I just re-read Harbinger #6 and man, you can just feel the raw emotion of Peter while he's fighting inside of that crack house and back at Harada's place, it's as if he's desperate buy knows he much avenge his friend at the same time. I love this creative team, the way the writer actually writes Peter makes me want to just jump through the pages and help him out, it's really amazing how I'm drawn into feeling bad that he's lost his best friend and that he's stuck in this rut........until Faith stepped in to help. Just awesome plotting in my opinion, this book truly shines above 99% of the comics on store shelves month in and month out.

Yeah I know, I just realized that I've yet to comment on these issues and I've only read them a couple times, I wanted to revisit them tonight and give my thoughts is all.
NEW BLOG IS UP!

Twitter.com/manga4life

http://manga4life-blog.blogspot.com - 4/13/13 "CLASSIC GAMING: Discovering new gems is always the funnest part."

BugsySig
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Ivar, Timewalker
Favorite title: Harbinger/Timewalker
Favorite writer: Joshua Dysart/FVL
Favorite artist: Joe Quesada

Post by BugsySig »

manga4life wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

Yeah I know, I just realized that I've yet to comment on these issues and I've only read them a couple times, I wanted to revisit them tonight and give my thoughts is all.
I was just bustin your balls...I think its great to revisit the previous issues :thumb:
Kurt Busiek wrote:Bull$#!t

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

BugsySig wrote:
manga4life wrote:
BugsySig wrote:

I was just bustin your balls...I think its great to revisit the previous issues :thumb:
+1

I think when Greg made the changes to the board this year, he had the idea that these threads would get moved into the general discussion after the books had been out for 'x' amount of time. I am glad they are all staying here in this spot, and also welcome revisiting specific past issue threads, especially as people read them later than release date, either for the first time or the 10th time...
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;