Livewire #4 Discussion

An area for Valiant SPOILER-RELATED discussions.
Any books which have been published and are available may be discussed here. Recent book discussions may contain spoilers for those who have not yet read them.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Dallow Spicer1
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Rockin' out in Torquehalla
Valiant fan since: Mid 90's
Favorite character: X-O
Favorite title: X-O
Favorite writer: V-Ditti & Dysart
Favorite artist: Larosa
Livewire #4 Discussion

Post by Dallow Spicer1 »

Last issue of the first arc. I think it’s safe to say that the character damage done to Livewire in the debacle of Harbinger Wars 2 has been addressed and dealt with in the battle with her brother. Back on track now, let’s hope the writer and future writers don’t keep dwelling on the HW2 events going forward as it could become tedious.

Decent issue but looking forward to a fresh arc.

4/5

Bl00dsh0t
You gotta have Faith!
You gotta have Faith!
Valiant fan since: Bloodshot #1 (2012)
Favorite character: Ninjak/Woody
Favorite title: Bloodshot/Ninjak
Favorite writer: Josh Dysart
Favorite artist: Clayton Crain
Re: Livewire #4 Discussion

Post by Bl00dsh0t »

I thought this issue was okay. It does well to reconcile the events of HWII and Livewire's character assassination to a degree but really, what we got from this arc could've easily been condensed into a single issue.

now the arc is done, so I am with Livewire. 2/5.

Side note - the art was great.

SwiftMann
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Is it Dee-no or Die-no? Dunno.
Valiant fan since: 1994
Favorite character: Solar
Favorite title: 90s Shadowman

Post by SwiftMann »

Bl00dsh0t wrote:what we got from this arc could've easily been condensed into a single issue.
This.

I thought #3 was overly drawn out and repetitive. And this was an entire second issue of the same.
"If you think any of these [older comics/shows/movies] do not carry a political content and is not using the medium of science fiction to explore real-world ideas, than you have not been paying attention." - Dan Abnett, VCR #246

grendeljd
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.

Post by grendeljd »

If anyone would like to hear our OTV:VCR podcast discussing/reviewing this issue [& The Life & Death of Toyo Harada #1], please follow the link;

http://onlythevaliant.com/episodes/vcr198/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to any who listen in :thumb:
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jmatt
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.

Post by jmatt »

I'm glad to see that Livewire has finally come to terms with her actions and now we can move forward from HW2.

I don't know if it was just the way I read it, but the dialogue was ambiguous to some degree in these last two issues. Pan seemed to be saying one thing, and then two pages later saying the opposite. I suppose it doesn't really matter how we got here.

jmatt

Post by jmatt »

In regard to a question raised on the podcast regarding where psiots are coming from, I'm halfway to thinking that at this point canon will be thrown to the wind and instead of psiots needing to be activated, they'll go the X-Men mutant route and they will just start appearing in society... no activation necessary.

I hope I'm wrong about that.