Switch to full style
Non-comic collectibles, such as collectible cards, action figures, statues, toys, or even pogs! (If you collect it, and it's not comics... then discuss it here!)
Post a reply

Pop collecting

Fri May 26, 2017 7:38:49 pm

Is this the forum where a 36 year old married man can openly admit to having a massive funko pop collection? I love Marvel and Star Wars pops. I have built shelves in my house to display them. Initially I started collecting them with my daughter. She soon lost interest but I didn't. Pops are second only to comics. I am not so patiently waiting for the rest of the Valiant pops to be released.

Re: Pop collecting

Fri May 26, 2017 9:02:57 pm

I think this is a safe zone.

Fri May 26, 2017 9:15:28 pm

Opened or unopened?

A co-worker loves Funko Pops and opens them.

It's unnerving.

Fri May 26, 2017 9:20:18 pm

I work with a young woman, early 20s or so, and her dad is a Funko pop collector. I'd guess he is probably mid-40s?

She gave me a C3PO for Christmas. Even though I am a proud heretic in the church of Star Wars, I appreciated the thought.

Fri May 26, 2017 9:31:45 pm

Mostly out of box. I have my rare or favorite ones in hard cases. I save all the boxes and my daughter built a wall out of the boxes. The only bad part is they take up a lot of space. It is starting to wear thin on the wife. 300+ pops take over a whole room where 300 comics fill a long box.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26:35 pm

ya id add pops but with comics 80s transformers mtg and legos i kinda got to not add a new hobby in fact i might have to cut one out as it is now and i used to collecct potf star wars then they had to go to make room for the remainder time for a new one to go as well

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37:16 pm

I hate these things, although I completely understand their appeal and how they can turn into a gigantic collection. Although, I do like that if Mighty Muggz had to have a logical evolution, then it's that whoever manufactures the Pops went smaller and more compact with them.

Given their weird symmetry, I also understand why people would keep them in the box. The box gives them defined, stackable edges and let's face it - there isn't really much point to taking them out anyway.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26:19 pm

ya a few 1000 could eat up a entire living room and they only stack about 7 high at most boxed im avoiding the urge ill just buy a new transformer for the cost of 10 of those lil things

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24:17 am

I do not have a single POP! in my figure collection- and on that, here's a 40 yo who collects Batman action figures like a 10 yo kid with unlimited budget, or almost. :lol: But I don't own any because they are so damn cute, and it's one of those cases I would really start collecting and chasing past figures. I don't need that, lol.
I love the CWverse ones, the Speedy one is *SQUEE* adorable. And the SA jungle Batman was awesome, but my fav series so far is the B:TAS one. I admit, if I wasn't collecting the DC collectibles line in its entirety, I would buy the whole series in a beat. The Clayface and Man-Bat are amazing.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51:09 am

the clayface is great :clap:
Post a reply