ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Jan 18, 2019 3:44:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:00:40 pm 
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23:45 pm
Posts: 669
Location: Kentucky
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger
I'm thinking about collecting the original Garbage Pail Kids series. Does anyone know any reliable sellers who deal with these cards/sets? I'm not sure if I want to buy complete sets (which is certainly the easiest way) or buy unopened boxes and feel the excitement of opening the packs myself.

Thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,

Brandon

_________________
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:00:54 am 
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)
I'm just glad it was pretty good, long and drawn out. (that's what she said.)

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:38:00 pm
Posts: 3095
Location: Here, there, at some point everywhere.
Valiant fan since: Unity
Favorite character: Tie between Flo and Andy
Favorite title: Archer and Armstrong
Favorite writer: The ones that wrote 4 Valiant.
Probably VERY EXPENSIVE, you'd probably want to do sets for early and then maybe boxes for fun on later cheaper series. Haven't looked in ages but I remember vividly I thought about it about 15 years ago the early series were in the hundreds then..

_________________
It's not that I don't have an avatar... I've just been working on it for the last few hundred years.

Image


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47:52 am 
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23:45 pm
Posts: 669
Location: Kentucky
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger
I bought boxes for the 3rd, 5th, and 12th series. GPK Series 1 and 2 cost hundreds of dollars for full boxes so I will probably consider purchasing complete sets instead of buying the boxes. It will be a fun project but certainly spaced out over time. The pockets are only so deep.

_________________
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:26:52 pm 
Harbinger rank: Shinia
Harbinger rank: Shinia

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:15:57 pm
Posts: 136
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: X-O Manowar
Favorite title: X-O Manowar
Favorite writer: Bob Layton
Favorite artist: Barry Windsor Smith
Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:39:42 am 
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23:45 pm
Posts: 669
Location: Kentucky
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger
Funcha wrote:
Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


For a complete set or a full unopened box? I know the unopened boxes sell for thousands.

_________________
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:20:47 am 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7446
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:19:59 am 
Harbinger rank: Nensei
Harbinger rank: Nensei

Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47:30 pm
Posts: 79
grendeljd wrote:
Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.


Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:05:35 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 7446
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
tevans333 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.


Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".


Cool, thanks for the info. I am from Canada, but I doubt mine are rare - I recall looking them up some time ago, aren't the rarer figures neon colours or something? I have three regular red ones (including Adam Bomb) & one light pink coloured one.

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group