Switch to full style
Non-comic collectibles, such as collectible cards, action figures, statues, toys, or even pogs! (If you collect it, and it's not comics... then discuss it here!)
Post a reply

Garbage Pail Kids - Original Series

Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:00:40 pm

I'm thinking about collecting the original Garbage Pail Kids series. Does anyone know any reliable sellers who deal with these cards/sets? I'm not sure if I want to buy complete sets (which is certainly the easiest way) or buy unopened boxes and feel the excitement of opening the packs myself.

Thoughts/opinions?

Cheers,

Brandon

Re: Garbage Pail Kids - Original Series

Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:00:54 am

Probably VERY EXPENSIVE, you'd probably want to do sets for early and then maybe boxes for fun on later cheaper series. Haven't looked in ages but I remember vividly I thought about it about 15 years ago the early series were in the hundreds then..

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47:52 am

I bought boxes for the 3rd, 5th, and 12th series. GPK Series 1 and 2 cost hundreds of dollars for full boxes so I will probably consider purchasing complete sets instead of buying the boxes. It will be a fun project but certainly spaced out over time. The pockets are only so deep.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:26:52 pm

Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:39:42 am

Funcha wrote:Try thousands of dollars for series 1. If I could find one for just hundreds of dollars I'd probably buy it on the spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a complete set or a full unopened box? I know the unopened boxes sell for thousands.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:20:47 am

Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:19:59 am

grendeljd wrote:Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

At least the earlier stuff - I used to buy the cards for a couple years back when it started. I don't have any now, I'm not even sure what happened to all the ones I had... But I do still have a couple of the plastic figures that came in mini garbage bags with some candy. Anyone else have those?

I also have a hardcover book that came out a couple years ago, it has all the card images from series 1 through 5.

Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:05:35 pm

tevans333 wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Man I love Garbage Pail Kids!

Former GPK addict here. Those plastic figures are called Cheap Toys and some of them fetch a few hundred bucks, especially if you're from Canada or the UK, since that were some of the rare variants came from.

If your looking for a good community to buy/trade with at reasonable prices (much lower than eBay) then try GPKUG.com or the facebook groups "The Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace Official" and "Garbage Pail Kids Marketplace". Even though 1 says Official and 1 doesn't, they are two different and very good groups, and neither is actually "official".

Cool, thanks for the info. I am from Canada, but I doubt mine are rare - I recall looking them up some time ago, aren't the rarer figures neon colours or something? I have three regular red ones (including Adam Bomb) & one light pink coloured one.
Post a reply