Collecting Master Sets & Binders of Comic and Movie Cards

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Collecting Master Sets & Binders of Comic and Movie Cards

Post by IMJ »

I've collected cards basically forever, but recently I've been putting together some encompassing sets of stuff from movie and TV IP's that I'm a fan of. I really like it when a binder for the property is available too, but many card sets don't have this. Recently I found a great place that prints truly professional and licensed looking binder inserts for card sets and picked up a few for card sets that have sorely needed them over the years!

The Crow | Kitchen Sink Press (1994)
Master Set Consists of 100 Cards (Common) | 10 Crow Vision Inserts (Tough Pulls) | 6 Crow-mium Cards (SUPER HTF) | 5 Promo Cards (4 cards and 1 two-sheet promo) | Custom Professional Binder

Dark Angel | Topps (2001)
Master Set Consists of 72 Cards (Common) | 5 Foil Cards (1:6 packs) |8 Autograph Cards (3 of which are incredibly expensive) | 1 Promo One Sheet | 1 Promo Card | Custom Professional Binder

Iron Man | Rittenhouse Archives (2008)
Master Set Consists of 70 Cards (Common) | 9 Archives Cards (1:8 packs) | 9 Casting Call Cards (1:12 packs) | 9 Embossed Armored Hero Cards (1:24 packs) | 1 Larry Leiber Case Topper Card | 3 Armor Prop Cards (good luck!) | 17 Costume Cards | 7 Autograph Cards | 1 Special Robert Downey Jr. Auto Card (Direct buy from Rittenhouse $$$) | 3 Promo Cards | An Impossible number of sketch cards | Official Binder

Iron Man 3 | Upper Deck (2013)
Master Set Consists of 60 Cards (Common) | 60 Card Parallel Set (Scarce) | 22 Hall of Armor Cards (1:24 Packs) | 6 Autograph Cards and 2 Heroic Threads Autographs | 47 Heroic Threads Cards (singles, doubles, triples and quads) | 2 Patch Cards | Sketch Cards and Printing Plates | Official Iron Man 3 Binder (meant for school supplies, but official and scarce)

And here are some others......

In addition to what's above I'm also working on a complete Star Trek Nemesis master set at the moment as well. Also, if anyone stumbles across an official Iron Man 2 binder somewhere, please let me know so that I can get that set out of an Iron Man I binder and into a proper home. ;)

lorddunlow
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
Re: Collecting Master Sets & Binders of Comic and Movie Card

Post by lorddunlow »

Awesome collection.

I love Dark Angel.
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.

The Noto
Ninjak and Ninjil went up a hill
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Henry

Post by The Noto »

Who is making the binders? I'd love to see what tthey have.

IMJ
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

The Noto wrote:Who is making the binders? I'd love to see what tthey have.
Check out SSBEENER on ebay! I'm envious that I didn't think of this first - I'm thinking about adding a custom thing like that to my Store Envy store.
lorddunlow wrote:Awesome collection.

I love Dark Angel.
Thanks man. This is actually only a fraction... -facepalms-
I miss the DA show... they never wrapped it up after the Season 2 ending. I think they went wrong by turning Season 2 into a Buffy-like monster show rather than the Season one socio-military show that it was. The autograph card set for that series is nuts.

On that note, has anyone noticed how hard the Iron Man movie I autographs are to find nowadays? The Clark Gregg card was a common auto at one point, but now with the Shield show, that card is HUGE!

The Noto
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Armstrong
Favorite title: Harbinger
Favorite writer: Dysart
Favorite artist: Henry

Post by The Noto »

IMJ wrote: Check out SSBEENER on ebay! I'm envious that I didn't think of this first - I'm thinking about adding a custom thing like that to my Store Envy store.
If you make any for the Valiant sets, I'd be happy to buy them.