Switch to full style
Non-comic collectibles, such as collectible cards, action figures, statues, toys, or even pogs! (If you collect it, and it's not comics... then discuss it here!)
Post a reply

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:47:54 pm

greg wrote:
Heath wrote:I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?


Did you cut small slices into their foreheads to make it look like they were pulling blade jobs?

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:52:10 pm

greg wrote:
Heath wrote:I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?

Not just you.I had fake wars with gi joes,transformer,sectaurs,air raiders,m.a.s.k and other toys .Im still weird.If I had those toys again id probably do it now to my familys dismay.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:54:07 pm

greg wrote:
Heath wrote:I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23:22 am

Heath wrote:I had a Rock Lord. I don't know how or where I got it, but I never knew what it was and thought it was the stupidest thing ever. A transformer that turns from a robot into a... rock? Oh, yay, how exciting. Maybe the other Transformers can pick it up and throw it at something.


The Rock Lords were a spin-off line from The Challenge of the Go-Bots which were the main competition for The Transformers back in the 80s. Hasbro bought Tonka in the 90s and now the Go-Bots appear as cameos in various TF comics and were the name of a of short lived pre-school line of Transformers toys.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19:46 am

transformers and still transformers
have a nice batch of g1 ive accumulated as well as some
stuff from the last 10 years boxed

Re: Toys of the 80s

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:01:05 am

I used to steal those Muscle toys. I'd pop open the plastic garbage can they came in, and fill my pockets. Story of a very poor kid. Later, I did terrible things to them. Light them on fire, etc. I loved those things. But, like Greg, I did have whole tournaments with charts, etc. Great fun.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:30:32 pm

Did anybody else have the ManTech figures? Each figure could be taken apart at every joint and each piece could be re-combined with any other figure parts. Came with helmets & weapon attachments too, as well as some vehicles. I had three of them, there may have only been six different figures...

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:45:41 pm

lorddunlow wrote:
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.


I had the belt buckle but not the wrestling ring.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:59:40 pm

grendeljd wrote:Did anybody else have the ManTech figures? Each figure could be taken apart at every joint and each piece could be re-combined with any other figure parts. Came with helmets & weapon attachments too, as well as some vehicles. I had three of them, there may have only been six different figures...


Here's a pic of the figures;

Image

I used to have the black one, the purple one (both were 'bad guys'), and the blue one. Loved messing around with them.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37:35 pm

Burrito Boy wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.


I had the belt buckle but not the wrestling ring.

Loved M.U.S.C.L.E. figures too! I used to get the little trash cans of figs whenever I could. Only really liked the original salmon pink ones. And that belt was cool, I never got one though.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:41:50 pm

I was a huge fan of GI Joe, Transformers & Star Wars, but I primarily only got a lot of GI Joe toys of those three lines. Had tons of figures & vehicles. I saved money up & bought two A.W.E. strikers one summer, I was so thrilled to have more than one - it made sense for an army to have multiples, but I was never given more than one of anything of course... "You already have that one!" :lol:

I still collect them off-and-on now, but I don't have any from when I was a kid. I buy multiples of the generic soldiers :wink:

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46:49 pm

I was also a big fan of Robotech, but never liked their toys back then. Once I saw the Jetfire figure for Transformers, nothing else would cut it.

And I loved Voltron too - the lion version. I was lucky enough to get the full set of five lions that were metal & plastic. My cousin only got the yellow lion from his parents, and it was from a different company - the figure was all plastic, much larger in scale than the set I had, and it came with the pilot figure who could actually fit inside the thing. I always thought it was a cheap & junkier version of the toy back then :lol:

Re: Toys of the 80s

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53:59 pm

Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:48:30 am

Remember Robo Force? I had a modest few of those, but I also had some bigger vehicles from that line. A big tank thing that was all white, and a black vehicle that had pincers on the front of it IIRC...

Re: Toys of the 80s

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56:34 pm

grendeljd wrote:Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

He-Man was my favorite toy as a kid. I had Skeltor's Lair as my big set. Never had Greyskull. Skeltor's Lair was way cooler in my opinion. Actually, all of the villains were cooler. Of the good guys, the Sorceress was my favorite.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Toys of the 80s

Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:51:06 am

I have two Brothers and between us I swear we had everything. Things I can think of

Transformers
Gobots
Voltron
GI joes
Micromachines
He-man
Rambo
Dick Tracey
Care Bears
Pound puppies
Wrestling
The real ghostbusters

And so on

My mom actual found some Spinjas a month ago. My 3 year loves them and we play with them on the tile kitchen floor

Re: Toys of the 80s

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:48:06 am

caxiotis wrote:I have two Brothers and between us I swear we had everything. Things I can think of

Transformers
Gobots
Voltron
GI joes
Micromachines
He-man
Rambo
Dick Tracey
Care Bears
Pound puppies
Wrestling
The real ghostbusters

And so on

My mom actual found some Spinjas a month ago. My 3 year loves them and we play with them on the tile kitchen floor


Damn. I wish I still had my Spinjas.

Re: Toys of the 80s

Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50:39 am

lorddunlow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

He-Man was my favorite toy as a kid. I had Skeltor's Lair as my big set. Never had Greyskull. Skeltor's Lair was way cooler in my opinion. Actually, all of the villains were cooler. Of the good guys, the Sorceress was my favorite.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


I remember saving up my money I earned from taking out the trash and having my mom take me to Toys R Us to buy a He-Man figure. My mom wouldn't let me buy Skeletor, had to buy a good guy first :D First thing I ever bought for myself.
Post a reply