ValiantFans.com Board - Since 2004

Message Board Top Level | Main Website | Price Guide | Book Release History | Official Calendar |
It is currently Jan 18, 2019 3:48:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:31:28 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:17:53 pm
Posts: 1540
Location: NC
Cyberstrike wrote:
The Transformers have been a huge passion of mine for 29 going on 30 years I have over 1000 toys (and that is just a guess) in my collection now from G1 to the present day.

G.I. Joe I had a few G.I. Joe toys no where near as much as TFs I did have the Rolling Thunder.

Star Wars I had a few SW toys nothing major other Rancor monster and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.


Any interest in making a 3DTransformers site? Seriously. PM me if so.

I'm training and enabling people to do what I've done with 3DJoes.com

Vintge3DJoes.com (covering 60s-70s Joes) will be the first sister site. It goes live 8-24-13

_________________
AKA "The Anti-Chartist: he who made Charty go Sharty"
---------------------
Valiant Fan # 2021
---------------------
G.I. Joe Fan #1
http://www.3DJoes.com


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36:05 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5131
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
Carson wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
The Transformers have been a huge passion of mine for 29 going on 30 years I have over 1000 toys (and that is just a guess) in my collection now from G1 to the present day.

G.I. Joe I had a few G.I. Joe toys no where near as much as TFs I did have the Rolling Thunder.

Star Wars I had a few SW toys nothing major other Rancor monster and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.


Any interest in making a 3DTransformers site? Seriously. PM me if so.

I'm training and enabling people to do what I've done with 3DJoes.com

Vintge3DJoes.com (covering 60s-70s Joes) will be the first sister site. It goes live 8-24-13


Most of my early Tfs are in bad shape.

_________________
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:50:59 am 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
Cyberstrike wrote:
Carson wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
The Transformers have been a huge passion of mine for 29 going on 30 years I have over 1000 toys (and that is just a guess) in my collection now from G1 to the present day.

G.I. Joe I had a few G.I. Joe toys no where near as much as TFs I did have the Rolling Thunder.

Star Wars I had a few SW toys nothing major other Rancor monster and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.


Any interest in making a 3DTransformers site? Seriously. PM me if so.

I'm training and enabling people to do what I've done with 3DJoes.com

Vintge3DJoes.com (covering 60s-70s Joes) will be the first sister site. It goes live 8-24-13


Most of my early Tfs are in bad shape.


I'd still like to see them on a site like Carson's!

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:06:38 pm 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 5131
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
lorddunlow wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
Carson wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
The Transformers have been a huge passion of mine for 29 going on 30 years I have over 1000 toys (and that is just a guess) in my collection now from G1 to the present day.

G.I. Joe I had a few G.I. Joe toys no where near as much as TFs I did have the Rolling Thunder.

Star Wars I had a few SW toys nothing major other Rancor monster and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.


Any interest in making a 3DTransformers site? Seriously. PM me if so.

I'm training and enabling people to do what I've done with 3DJoes.com

Vintge3DJoes.com (covering 60s-70s Joes) will be the first sister site. It goes live 8-24-13


Most of my early Tfs are in bad shape.


I'd still like to see them on a site like Carson's!


Check out the photo galleries at http://www.seibertron.com they all look or looked liked that.

_________________
Image
Know this: I would rather be hated for being honest for my opinions, than being loved as a liar!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:20:34 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
Cyberstrike wrote:
Check out the photo galleries at http://www.seibertron.com they all look or looked liked that.


But those aren't 3D. Have you seen Carson's site? It's like you have the toy in your hands in front of you. So awesome. A 3DTransformers.com needs to exist!

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:43:19 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:17:53 pm
Posts: 1540
Location: NC
Cyberstrike wrote:
Carson wrote:
Cyberstrike wrote:
The Transformers have been a huge passion of mine for 29 going on 30 years I have over 1000 toys (and that is just a guess) in my collection now from G1 to the present day.

G.I. Joe I had a few G.I. Joe toys no where near as much as TFs I did have the Rolling Thunder.

Star Wars I had a few SW toys nothing major other Rancor monster and Darth Vader's Tie Fighter.


Any interest in making a 3DTransformers site? Seriously. PM me if so.

I'm training and enabling people to do what I've done with 3DJoes.com

Vintge3DJoes.com (covering 60s-70s Joes) will be the first sister site. It goes live 8-24-13


Most of my early Tfs are in bad shape.


Understand. Yeah, archive sites should try to feature minty and complete specimens, so collectors know what they should be looking for. If there's discoloration or paint damages they probably shouldn't be in an archive. Thanks for the links to pics!

Let me know if you know any die hard TF fans with mint, complete collections.

I just need one TF fan as crazy as me to give up the time and money needed to build one of these sites for TF.

Same goes for Star Wars, Ninja Turtles, Super Powers, et all!

_________________
AKA "The Anti-Chartist: he who made Charty go Sharty"
---------------------
Valiant Fan # 2021
---------------------
G.I. Joe Fan #1
http://www.3DJoes.com


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34:35 pm 
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
Mmm, I was drooling over Cooshie tonight.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:41:10 pm
Posts: 10545
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA!
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?" He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.


Last edited by jmatt on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:48:37 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:56:47 pm
Posts: 1641
Location: Cimmeria
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez
Awesome! Wish my parents had done the same.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:08:27 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 8:17:53 pm
Posts: 1540
Location: NC
jmatt wrote:
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?". He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.



Wow, you are a great dad... bravo! :clap:


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:25:11 pm 
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30:20 pm
Posts: 9572
Location: somewhere in the valiant universe
Carson wrote:
jmatt wrote:
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?". He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.



Wow, you are a great dad... bravo! :clap:

+1 that was a very good thing to do. :thumb:

_________________
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58:57 am 
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06:13 am
Posts: 3564
Location: Lusitania
I used to collect Joes from the 1988-1991 era, although I had a *SQUEE* of figures from the early eighties. Like the 1st Snake Eyes, complete. The 1st and 2nd versions of the Commander, first Storm Shadow, etc. Lots of stuff that unfortunately I sold to fund my guitar needs. At one point I must have had almost a 100 of these.
I also used to collect the TMNT line, when the 25th anniversary figs came out, I grabbed them asap. I love those figures. :D
I also had a couple of SW Kenner figs (rotoscope lightsaber Vader and Han) but I had to play with them on my own, because none of the other kids had any SW figures.
I never got caught in the Transformer madness, except for once when I entered a drawing contest by basically tracing Optimus. 8-)

MOTUwise, I have a funny story: my cousin was appointed by my grandma to pick 2 figures, one for each of us (I was in camp ir something). He picked the latest He-Man fig for him (the one where the armor gets damged?).
And for me he chose this:
Image
facepalm

_________________
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:50:03 pm 
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38:36 am
Posts: 5639
Location: Seattle
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Currently Ninjak
jmatt wrote:
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?" He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.


Best. Story. Ever.

I've stored away for future reference. I have 2 young boys.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:03:22 pm 
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:30:40 am
Posts: 3072
Location: Liberated from enemy lines!
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton
I've surprised that no one Cops N' Crooks. The cartoon was pretty sweet and so were the toys.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53:24 am 
[custom level vored]
[custom level vored]
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:38:47 pm
Posts: 18860
Location: Pluto Beach FL
Valiant fan since: Yes
Favorite character: Yes
Favorite title: Yes
Favorite writer: Yes
jmatt wrote:
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?" He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.


Awesome, man. I did the same thing with my son for his video games. Although we actually did sell most of his toys to give him some spending money in San Diego last year.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:10:22 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
depluto wrote:
jmatt wrote:
When my son turned around 14, he wanted to start selling his every earthly possession on Craigslist, yard sales, Ebay, etc. Over the years I'd bought him all his favorites, a full set of dinosaurs from the Carnegie collection, his favorite stuffed animals from when he was little, a large collection of Bandai Godzilla figures, etc.

Now, I still have my most favorite toys from when I was a kid, mostly plastic animals, and I know I've treasured them as an adult. I can still see all the little bite marks I put in my dinosaurs from when I was 5 years old. Those skinny little tails were just asking for it. :lol:

Eventually I got sick and tired of watching this kid try to sell his soul on Craigslist. So, one day I walked into his room and made him an offer: I would buy every toy he owned. I peeled three twenties out of my wallet and asked "Is this enough?" He jumped at the offer.

"Okay, so the rules are that you can keep the toys in your room, but they now belong to me. You cannot sell them or give them away, they are my property. One day, when you are older, I will give them back to you and you will thank me for saving your childhood."

And that was that.


Awesome, man. I did the same thing with my son for his video games. Although we actually did sell most of his toys to give him some spending money in San Diego last year.


And that's why your kids will likely care when you die. My mother did quite the opposite and sold or gave away literally every last piece of my childhood. My immediate family (I hate even referring to them that way - my wife and son are my only family) have no sentiment and are basically the poster children for our disposable culture. Holidays have no meaning beyond increasing consumption of material goods and they have no traditions. There were so many cool things I had (my family believed in buying love) that I would have loved to show off/give to my son that would cost me thousands of dollars to reaccumulate.

If your kids are grateful for what you have done in 20 years, give me a call and I'll send them to WV to live with my sister.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:16:23 pm 
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30:20 pm
Posts: 9572
Location: somewhere in the valiant universe
lorddunlow wrote:
Holidays have no meaning beyond increasing consumption of material goods and they have no traditions.

I wouldn't know how to deal with that.:(

_________________
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:40:25 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
comicsyte95 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
Holidays have no meaning beyond increasing consumption of material goods and they have no traditions.

I wouldn't know how to deal with that.:(


I pretend they don't exist. Works pretty well. It's sort of cool getting to be the origin of family traditions, though. My wife brought some of her family's traditions into the mix, but for the most part we make them up as we go, and then follow them fanatically. I cannot relate to my family in any way. It is very odd. The overwhelming response I get from people who know me then meet my family is "you grew up in that family?!"

My parents made fun of me when I save allowance money for an entire year before the SNES was released when I was 10 years old and bought it on release date with "my own" money. They also made fun of me because I looked through department store circulars to find the cheapest price (Lowe's for $199.00 - everyone else was selling it for $199.99 :lol: ).

I'm having a bad day, and that always makes me think of my family when I was growing up. I was abused or anything, but I definitely wasn't loved. I'll stop bumming people out in this cool thread I started. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

On topic, I loved the little wrestling figures that were not WWF, but silly caricatures. Anyone remember those?

I also had a ton of these (and I loved them!):



Also thought this was cool to look at: http://toysofthe80s.tumblr.com/

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:00:44 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
In trying to figure out what those damn wrestling toys were called, I stumbled onto this article which is a fun read. However, the below comment literally made me do a spit take in my office:

Quote:
Regarding Manglor:

I work in advertising, for the most part shamelessly. This product stands as my very first memory of being actively sold a lie. I recall after I permanently destroyed my Manglor's arm (w/in 30 seconds of opening the toy), I looked more closely at the commercial during the next week's Saturday morning cartoons, and sure enough, it was obvious the arm wasn't actually being reattached in any meaningful way, and they added the caveat "ALMOST like new". Taught me a lot about advertising, and about critical listening, and that the world was an unapologetically cruel place. So in that sense, perhaps this completely worthless, hateful toy was more valuable than I gave it credit for at the time.

Still, *SQUEE* you Manglor.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:06:30 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
Found them! M.U.S.C.L.E.


The internet is so awesome.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:30:44 pm 
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30:20 pm
Posts: 9572
Location: somewhere in the valiant universe
lorddunlow wrote:
comicsyte95 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
Holidays have no meaning beyond increasing consumption of material goods and they have no traditions.

I wouldn't know how to deal with that.:(


I pretend they don't exist. Works pretty well. It's sort of cool getting to be the origin of family traditions, though. My wife brought some of her family's traditions into the mix, but for the most part we make them up as we go, and then follow them fanatically. I cannot relate to my family in any way. It is very odd. The overwhelming response I get from people who know me then meet my family is "you grew up in that family?!"

My parents made fun of me when I save allowance money for an entire year before the SNES was released when I was 10 years old and bought it on release date with "my own" money. They also made fun of me because I looked through department store circulars to find the cheapest price (Lowe's for $199.00 - everyone else was selling it for $199.99 :lol: ).

I'm having a bad day, and that always makes me think of my family when I was growing up. I was abused or anything, but I definitely wasn't loved. I'll stop bumming people out in this cool thread I started. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Your past family sound like how my both my brothers inlaws treat my family.Screw them I say.

I sold a Bloodshot plat. to pay for a vacation for my sister in law and kids to visit my family up north and only promised to buy food ,gas and hotel she made me buy everything including an ipod for my niece (after she threw a fit in the store).And anything else they wanted out of being a nice guy.I was so mad I could spit that a comic convention was going on a few miles away when I was told the trip was for them.No time to go after all it was for them.They even complained *SQUEE* and moaned how it was out of the way when I wanted a special salad,soda and some candy that isn't available in my area I live in now.

A month ago my niece came up to me while visiting and said "my mom wants to know if you will sell your comics so we can go on vacation again".It took every iota of patience I had not to tell her mom to *SQUEE* off *SQUEE*. :mad:
:rant: :rant:
The family you have now is all that matters as long as you have that is all you need.

Sorry about this rant,just feels good to get that out.
:offtopic:

_________________
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:13:35 am 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12963
comicsyte95 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
comicsyte95 wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
Holidays have no meaning beyond increasing consumption of material goods and they have no traditions.

I wouldn't know how to deal with that.:(


I pretend they don't exist. Works pretty well. It's sort of cool getting to be the origin of family traditions, though. My wife brought some of her family's traditions into the mix, but for the most part we make them up as we go, and then follow them fanatically. I cannot relate to my family in any way. It is very odd. The overwhelming response I get from people who know me then meet my family is "you grew up in that family?!"

My parents made fun of me when I save allowance money for an entire year before the SNES was released when I was 10 years old and bought it on release date with "my own" money. They also made fun of me because I looked through department store circulars to find the cheapest price (Lowe's for $199.00 - everyone else was selling it for $199.99 :lol: ).

I'm having a bad day, and that always makes me think of my family when I was growing up. I was abused or anything, but I definitely wasn't loved. I'll stop bumming people out in this cool thread I started. Sorry 'bout that. :oops:

Your past family sound like how my both my brothers inlaws treat my family.Screw them I say.

I sold a Bloodshot plat. to pay for a vacation for my sister in law and kids to visit my family up north and only promised to buy food ,gas and hotel she made me buy everything including an ipod for my niece (after she threw a fit in the store).And anything else they wanted out of being a nice guy.I was so mad I could spit that a comic convention was going on a few miles away when I was told the trip was for them.No time to go after all it was for them.They even complained *SQUEE* and moaned how it was out of the way when I wanted a special salad,soda and some candy that isn't available in my area I live in now.

A month ago my niece came up to me while visiting and said "my mom wants to know if you will sell your comics so we can go on vacation again".It took every iota of patience I had not to tell her mom to *SQUEE* off *SQUEE*. :mad:
:rant: :rant:
The family you have now is all that matters as long as you have that is all you need.

Sorry about this rant,just feels good to get that out.
:offtopic:

:thumb:

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:46:56 am 
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
Chapa Zero in Portuguese translated to English would be Chapa Zero.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:06:13 am
Posts: 3564
Location: Lusitania
http://www.ilovethe80s.com/toys_toys_wr ... uddies.htm

Dunlow, is that what you were referring to, man?

I also forgot to mention these:
http://www.action-figures.ca/galaxy_warriors.htm
and
http://www.action-figures.ca/galaxy_fighters.htm

These were the poor kids' MOTU. :lol: But I actually liked some of them better than the MOTU ones.

One line that is been on my mind for years now, is the Secret Wars one. I remember my parents not buying me a single one of them when they came out, and then they were gone in a rush. For some years, I have been tempted to fork the obscenity of money some sellers ask for a MOC Wolverine. It's a case of "I wanted that so bad as a kid, now I can have it". Same with Super Powers Batman, but that is soon going to be mine (re-edition later this year).

But what I would love to have BACK is my ANH Vader. :(

EDIT- Just saw your post on the M.U.S.C.L.E./Kinnikkuman line. Nevermind.

_________________
“To give a person an opinion one must first judge well whether that person is of the disposition to receive it or not.”
Yamamoto Tsunetomo


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:15:41 am 
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
The Saints will win the Super-Bowl!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:05:06 pm
Posts: 11515
Location: Torque's Hundred-Yard-Long New Orleans Saints' Themed Dining Hall
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O
Favorite title: VH1 Shadowman; VEI X-O, Harb
Favorite writer: Bob Hall; Dysart, Van Lente
I had a Rock Lord. I don't know how or where I got it, but I never knew what it was and thought it was the stupidest thing ever. A transformer that turns from a robot into a... rock? Oh, yay, how exciting. Maybe the other Transformers can pick it up and throw it at something.

I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

_________________
I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:33:16 pm 
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
The admin around here must be getting old and soft.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:39:27 am
Posts: 21549
Location: Indoors
Valiant fan since: Rai #0
Favorite character: Depends on title
Favorite title: Depends on writer
Favorite writer: Depends on artist
Favorite artist: Depends on character
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:46:16 pm 
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09:11 am
Posts: 20008
Location: Texas
Favorite character: Kris
A bit later than the lines discussed already, but I was an avid collector of the Dino-Riders when I was a kid.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group