Does anyone collect Vintage Star Wars cards or...

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes
Does anyone collect Vintage Star Wars cards or...

Post by Knightt »

any of the newer sets ?

I am looking to fill out my Star Wars Vintage trading card and 'new' Star Wars card sets. I have PLENTY of common cards and chase cards (from Valiant chase cards to Ultraverse chase cards to well... LOTS of chase cards)

Anybody willing to sell or trade ? (I picked up some Star Wars bug over the weekend)

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

Every now and again I get bitten by the card collecting bug again and I always go over eBay looking for a collection of Star Wars cards. I wouldn't buy a set at a time, but if I found a nice collection with a bunch of the master sets, I'd consider picking them up.

There's more Star Wars card sets out there than I thought though. I wouldn't even know where to begin, even with the HoC as a resource.

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

there are a LOT of star wars everything

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:Every now and again I get bitten by the card collecting bug again and I always go over eBay looking for a collection of Star Wars cards. I wouldn't buy a set at a time, but if I found a nice collection with a bunch of the master sets, I'd consider picking them up.

There's more Star Wars card sets out there than I thought though. I wouldn't even know where to begin, even with the HoC as a resource.
I have noticed that the 30th Anniversary cards are doing pretty well. I have a base set (paid like $5.00) but those autograph cards are off the chain. I think a Han Solo/Harrison Ford is over $3K !!!

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Knightt wrote:
IMJ wrote:Every now and again I get bitten by the card collecting bug again and I always go over eBay looking for a collection of Star Wars cards. I wouldn't buy a set at a time, but if I found a nice collection with a bunch of the master sets, I'd consider picking them up.

I have noticed that the 30th Anniversary cards are doing pretty well. I have a base set (paid like $5.00) but those autograph cards are off the chain. I think a Han Solo/Harrison Ford is over $3K !!!
Oh yeah, I've seen that about the Ford auto. Believe it or not, I was considering buying the Solo auto for my Indy set because the Indy auto's are so much money. Seriously, it'd be cheaper to buy an auto'd, COA'd photo from some Hollywood outlet than it would be to buy one of those cards.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

Does anyone own any of the more sought after autograph cards from the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Card Collection ?

Unblessed
I must be flogged.
I must be flogged.

Post by Unblessed »

I do not. Would like to see if someone does. So, tagging this thread for updates. :)

jedimarley
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.
Evra'Ting Ire Mon.

Post by jedimarley »

Knightt wrote:Does anyone own any of the more sought after autograph cards from the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Card Collection ?
I have the Kenny Baker (R2-D2) autograph card from this collection. 1:492 pack ratio.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

jedimarley wrote:
Knightt wrote:Does anyone own any of the more sought after autograph cards from the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Card Collection ?
I have the Kenny Baker (R2-D2) autograph card from this collection. 1:492 pack ratio.
Sounds like a good pull, although you wouldn't know it from the asking prices on eBay. That's one of the cheapest top tier auto cards in the set, it seems.

There's a Ford auto in the listings right now actually.

BruceReville
Why don't we just call ourselves C-Men and be done with it

Post by BruceReville »

IMJ wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
Sounds like a good pull, although you wouldn't know it from the asking prices on eBay. That's one of the cheapest top tier auto cards in the set, it seems.

There's a Ford auto in the listings right now actually.
http://www.digitalheroes.com/StarWars/30th/

Here is a place that has 2 of the signed cards for 24.99

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

BruceReville wrote: http://www.digitalheroes.com/StarWars/30th/

Here is a place that has 2 of the signed cards for 24.99
That's about right for most set's middle and lower tier autos.

I'm surprised we don't have a dedicated autograph card info/collection thread actually. I've got a small collection myself, and I know that Chris is into these as well.... anyone else?

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
That is because they only have to pay Kenny Baker 1/2 the regular pay as the other actors. Get it ? Half pay ?

Cripes... it is because he is a mid... ah never mind.

:twisted:

BruceReville

Post by BruceReville »

Knightt wrote:
IMJ wrote:
jedimarley wrote:
That is because they only have to pay Kenny Baker 1/2 the regular pay as the other actors. Get it ? Half pay ?

Trying to say he was short changed?

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Knightt wrote:
IMJ wrote:
jedimarley wrote:

:o
:lol: :lol: :lol:

chesscub
100 posts! (if you round to the nearest 100)

Post by chesscub »

I've got most of the autographs that are more than 100 available. Pack pulled George Roubichek (only 300 signed). Was able to get Wedge fairly inexpensively.

I keep an eye out for Gary Kurtz, John Williams (I WANT), and Rusty Goffe.

PM me regarding Star Wars cards

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

Yeah, I was trolling Star Wars auto's the other day and there's a ton of them on the bay only for a few bucks each.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

IMJ wrote:Yeah, I was trolling Star Wars auto's the other day and there's a ton of them on the bay only for a few bucks each.
I will need to check that out... don't have a one and I think that would be an excellent addition to a Star Wars trading card collection. Another would be any 'memorabilia/artifact cards'.

chesscub

Post by chesscub »

Knightt wrote:
IMJ wrote:Yeah, I was trolling Star Wars auto's the other day and there's a ton of them on the bay only for a few bucks each.
I will need to check that out... don't have a one and I think that would be an excellent addition to a Star Wars trading card collection. Another would be any 'memorabilia/artifact cards'.
Most of the inexpensive ones ($10-15) you'll find will be from 30th Anniversary and Evolution Update.

The first Evolution set was the first Star Wars set to have autographed cards. The "common" ones are a pain to find now. :!:

PM me, I can't recall but I think I may a few dupes that I've gotten via trades and lot purchases.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

The thing about Star Wars autos is that all of the 3rd tier and higher stuff drop big time after a set is out... same with the Indiana Jones cards (with the exception of the "big 3").