THE con I will not attend.

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

kevinbastos
I felt 'used car salesman' kind of dirty.
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
THE con I will not attend.

Post by kevinbastos »

http://news.yahoo.com/guys-little-pony- ... 57992.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

kevinbastos
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody
Re: THE con I will not attend.

Post by kevinbastos »

Outside the convention center, young men danced and sang along with songs from My Little Pony cartoon that blasted from loud speakers as a video screen on a large truck showed the show's characters. One observer said it almost felt like a Grateful Dead concert.

And people make fun of folks who dress up at Comicon.
Hey, look! I have a podcast!
And a Website!
http://www.valiantnewuniverse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I win an argument, it doesn't mean I'm right. It means I'm a better arguer.

In addition, I'm right.

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris

Post by Chiclo »

I don't get this whole Brony thing.

I did know a girl who played a My Little Pony MMORPG. It can be found at the website PonyIsland.net. What is seen there can neither be explained nor unseen.

iccarus
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago
Cruisin' in Darpan's Winnebago

Post by iccarus »

It's no better or worse than any other corner of fandom that's outside the mainstream. I see no difference between this or any con where people get together to celebrate a fictional IP and dress like their favorite characters. If you see nothing wrong with people marching around in storm trooper armor, then this should be just as acceptable.

If you look around at the different sites that ran this AP copy, the comments on these articles just crack me up. All of these people just bash on the Bronies non-stop. I don't get it. If you own a t-shirt for a sports team, you're really no different. The only change is most of these people had to make something to show their support for something they enjoy instead of buying it off the rack at WalMart.

And no, I'm not a Brony. I've never even seen the show in its latest incarnation, outside of random clips I see posted in forums. However, I'm a big fan of plenty of things I should be "too old for" and I see no reason to deny others that right.