What other things do you collect ?

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

maraxusofkeld
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
I was young and silly and only read Marvel books.
Valiant fan since: UNITY
Favorite character: Magnus
Favorite title: Magnus
Favorite artist: Bob Layton

Post by maraxusofkeld »

Kiss-my-anthia!

superman-prime
scratch 1 for the coog guys

Post by superman-prime »

I have a set of those kiss figures

I got cards comics action figures (star wars and transformers )
and Mtg :thumb:

squonk67
Working on the first full appearance of me
Working on the first full appearance of me

Post by squonk67 »

O gauge trains...

robb77
nice one
nice one

Post by robb77 »

nice :thumb:

JustCallMeAric
...remember that they are just paper.
...remember that they are just paper.

Post by JustCallMeAric »

I have a pretty sick tobacco card (baseball) collection.

slym2none
a typical message board assassin
a typical message board assassin

Post by slym2none »

I collect the US bicentennial coins released in 1976. I have rolls of quarters, a dozen or so Kennedy half-dollars, and two Eisenhower dollar-coins.

And, any Eisenhower dollar coins, any silver coins, and $2 bills from the last century, and some wheat pennies also get "collected."

:thumb:

-slym

IMJ
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite writer: Kurt Busiek
Favorite artist: Sean Chen

Post by IMJ »

O gauge trains are cool... I like H.O scale the most though. :)

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Transformers toys.

ian_house
using a Welsh to American translator

Post by ian_house »

Never read this thread before. Some cool stuff! Love your NES collection Doorman and Crow (you still about) I've never heard of someone collecting celebrities yearbooks, whose do you have?

Knightt
Master of the Dead Universes

Post by Knightt »

h-comics wrote:Let me see Draco,

Spawn #4
Shadowhawk #1
Cyberforce #1
Wildcats #2
Brigade #2
Savage Dragon #3
Youngblood #0

The majority of them Draco I got them for 25 cents apiece except for the Spawn #4 which still demands $5 dollars apiece at times.That is how it started bro I got them for cheap and just continued from there.

Jesse
This sounds like a cool thing to collect... :hm:

:wink:

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

low numbered spawn is still good stuff :thumb:

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

superman-prime wrote:low numbered spawn is still good stuff :thumb:
:lol:

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

ok its ok stuff

xodacia81
Here I am, happy as a clam

Post by xodacia81 »

I used to collect rocks when I was a kid. Then for a while I did stamps and coins. I tried Magic cards back in 95/96, but gave that up very quickly. I still enjoy coins, even if I don't buy them anymore. I guess you could say I collect movies and tv shows, via dvd/vhs and the like.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

xodacia81 wrote:I used to collect rocks when I was a kid. Then for a while I did stamps and coins. I tried Magic cards back in 95/96, but gave that up very quickly.
I think I have something 'like Magic cards', they are the Lord of The Rings card game cards. But I only collect the once with the holofoil. I cannot imagine that they are worth anything as I got mine INCREDIBLY cheap. But I really like the holofoil... yeah, put holofoil on a piece of dog doo-doo and I will want TWO of them.

I have a huge collection of Lord of the Rings (the movie) trading cards along with clothing swatch and autograph cards. I think that the card series (plural) were done VERY well along with the movies and are now coming down in price enough not to have to wait WEEKS for a hidden deal on a card. I am nowhere near complete on ANY of the sets but with each movie a set and then an update set, it affords one the ability to collect MORE than enough 'stuff'. I may be a few 'chase cards' short to be complete on all sets but am in the hurt box as far as autographs. I felt it was cool to have the clothing swatch cards as that is something that was used/worn in the movie, not like some clothing swatch cards that have 'made from material used to make 'so and so's costume'. I believe these were from actual clothing worn, just like the Iron Man and Iron Man 2 clothing/armor swatches. Cool movie memorabilia (now my Iron Man movie trading card collection, THAT is much closer to 100% than any other movie trading card collection). I love dat Shiz !!!

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Knightt wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:I used to collect rocks when I was a kid. Then for a while I did stamps and coins. I tried Magic cards back in 95/96, but gave that up very quickly.
I think I have something 'like Magic cards', they are the Lord of The Rings card game cards. But I only collect the once with the holofoil. I cannot imagine that they are worth anything as I got mine INCREDIBLY cheap. But I really like the holofoil... yeah, put holofoil on a piece of dog doo-doo and I will want TWO of them.

I have a huge collection of Lord of the Rings (the movie) trading cards along with clothing swatch and autograph cards. I think that the card series (plural) were done VERY well along with the movies and are now coming down in price enough not to have to wait WEEKS for a hidden deal on a card. I am nowhere near complete on ANY of the sets but with each movie a set and then an update set, it affords one the ability to collect MORE than enough 'stuff'. I may be a few 'chase cards' short to be complete on all sets but am in the hurt box as far as autographs. I felt it was cool to have the clothing swatch cards as that is something that was used/worn in the movie, not like some clothing swatch cards that have 'made from material used to make 'so and so's costume'. I believe these were from actual clothing worn, just like the Iron Man and Iron Man 2 clothing/armor swatches. Cool movie memorabilia (now my Iron Man movie trading card collection, THAT is much closer to 100% than any other movie trading card collection). I love dat Shiz !!!
Way back in my MTG days, I purchased a box of LOTR playing cards. I never bought another box. Just way too expensive and nobody to play with. But, the art was nice.

Knightt

Post by Knightt »

xodacia81 wrote:Just way too expensive.... But, the art was nice.
You got that right, brother. I could never have spent the cash on a new box and felt good about it and besides, there were SO many and I had no idea which cards were worth or what made them special and why. Me... I just liked the holofoil cards that I found. I put them in a binder with my 'Flipz' LOTR cards from England. Flipz cards are these 2"X 2" Lenticular scenes from the movie and are a bit hard on the eyes (physically) but overall they are beautiful. The difficult thing with that collection is all of the stickers, chromium sticker, checkered holofoil stickers, rainbow holofoil stickers, 'two' scene cards and some other low print card. I lucked out and picked up all three movies 'complete' on the cheap off Ebay. There were so many and the person selling them did not have great eyesight so I ended up missing 2 or 3 of the stickers and now they are hard as hell to find. :!:

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

Knightt wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:Just way too expensive.... But, the art was nice.
You got that right, brother. I could never have spent the cash on a new box and felt good about it and besides, there were SO many and I had no idea which cards were worth or what made them special and why. Me... I just liked the holofoil cards that I found. I put them in a binder with my 'Flipz' LOTR cards from England. Flipz cards are these 2"X 2" Lenticular scenes from the movie and are a bit hard on the eyes (physically) but overall they are beautiful. The difficult thing with that collection is all of the stickers, chromium sticker, checkered holofoil stickers, rainbow holofoil stickers, 'two' scene cards and some other low print card. I lucked out and picked up all three movies 'complete' on the cheap off Ebay. There were so many and the person selling them did not have great eyesight so I ended up missing 2 or 3 of the stickers and now they are hard as hell to find. :!:
Now those sound cool. Alas, I have better things to spend my money on. Like, diapers, baby clothes, school books, gas and groceries. Oh, and the occasional comic book.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

The worst thing for a collector is when a company does a great reboot, or theme with an action figure line.

Eleven years ago it was the Star Wars reboots.

Then Marvel Legends came around and that lasted for years (I took it as far as the MODOK wave, and once ToyBiz sold to Hasbro I dropped it).

Then there were those awesome Heroes of Cybertron Transformers PVC's. I cut that off before the final waves, but those are still super cool.

Then the GI Joe 25th line came around. I stuck with that for most of the collection, but then they started releasing vehicles and then the movie stuff took over and I faded out of it.

Now those new Star Wars figures (with the vintage style cards) are awesome in so many ways, but I've resisted starting that collection up. That's though because those are pretty damn cool.

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

These are the types of stories that make me glad I don't collect action figures.

IMJ

Post by IMJ »

xodacia81 wrote:These are the types of stories that make me glad I don't collect action figures.
It's all in fun, but you have to sort of draw a mental line somewhere. And if you don't, then you at least have to parse certain stuff out as you add new stuff. You know.... enjoy it for a while and then unload it.

It's cool to have a giant sort of massive collection of different, focused stuff but at some point you unload it here and there to the guys who focus on it. My collections are generally all focused, but they tend to be encompassing in some form or another. I've survived with it because I know that I can unload stuff at some point (the way I sold off an entire, MOC Marvel Legends collection that I had mentioned above - made a proportionate fortune on it too).

xodacia81

Post by xodacia81 »

IMJ wrote:
xodacia81 wrote:These are the types of stories that make me glad I don't collect action figures.
It's all in fun, but you have to sort of draw a mental line somewhere. And if you don't, then you at least have to parse certain stuff out as you add new stuff. You know.... enjoy it for a while and then unload it.

It's cool to have a giant sort of massive collection of different, focused stuff but at some point you unload it here and there to the guys who focus on it. My collections are generally all focused, but they tend to be encompassing in some form or another. I've survived with it because I know that I can unload stuff at some point (the way I sold off an entire, MOC Marvel Legends collection that I had mentioned above - made a proportionate fortune on it too).
This whole discussion reminds me of one that Chuck and Morgan had on the tv series "Chuck", only thing is, Morgan was loathe to unload his mint-in-the-box Millenium Falcon.

superman-prime

Post by superman-prime »

im down to just transformers gave up all the rest of action figures i had for space reasons :thumb: :thumb:

Cyberstrike
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Jim Starlin

Post by Cyberstrike »

Hopefully I'll be getting a digital camera soon and be able to finally show off my Transformers collection. I do think I have some cool pieces.

Like my Canadian MITB G1 Sixshot (which has a story to go along with it)

My 97% G1 Fortress Maximus (I nearly passed out when I saw him at LCBS)

My 100% MITB ORIGINAL Japanese God Ginrai (the most expensive TF I ever bought got)

My 100% MITB Japanese Overlord (God Ginari's archnemesis)

And several other Transformers.

I also have a deluxe WCW World Heavyweight Championship title belt replica, that I'm quite fond of. I wish I could have afforded to get a deluxe TNA World Heavyweight Championship title replica, but unfortually TNA was selling them for $500 and has last time I checked sold out of them.
Last edited by Cyberstrike on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ian_house

Post by ian_house »

Looking forwarded to seeing those :thumb: