Board Top
| Main Website
Price Guide | Inventories
Release History | Newest

ValiantFans.com Message Board - Since 2004

Every fan's journey begins with a Valiant step.
It is currently Apr 29, 2017 4:24:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:47:54 pm 
5318008
5318008
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:23:45 pm
Posts: 581
Location: Kentucky
Valiant fan since: 1992
Favorite character: Peter Stanchek (Sting)
Favorite title: Harbinger
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?


Did you cut small slices into their foreheads to make it look like they were pulling blade jobs?

_________________
"When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+
Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:52:10 pm 
It's Porktastic!!!
It's Porktastic!!!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30:20 pm
Posts: 9571
Location: somewhere in the valiant universe
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?

Not just you.I had fake wars with gi joes,transformer,sectaurs,air raiders,m.a.s.k and other toys .Im still weird.If I had those toys again id probably do it now to my familys dismay.

_________________
If I just can't be me ,and the Arrow isn't enough.. then maybe I should be Ra's al Ghul


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:54:07 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12627
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:23:22 am 
Consider it mine!
Consider it mine!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:07:41 am
Posts: 4949
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Valiant fan since: Unity 1992
Favorite character: Solar, Man of the Atom
Favorite title: Unity
Favorite writer: Jim Starlin
Favorite artist: Don Perlin
Heath wrote:
I had a Rock Lord. I don't know how or where I got it, but I never knew what it was and thought it was the stupidest thing ever. A transformer that turns from a robot into a... rock? Oh, yay, how exciting. Maybe the other Transformers can pick it up and throw it at something.


The Rock Lords were a spin-off line from The Challenge of the Go-Bots which were the main competition for The Transformers back in the 80s. Hasbro bought Tonka in the 90s and now the Go-Bots appear as cameos in various TF comics and were the name of a of short lived pre-school line of Transformers toys.

_________________
Image
I would rather be hated for being honest, than being loved as a liar and I don't lose, I CONQUER MY PROBLEMS!
My thread about IDW Transformers comics!


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19:46 am 
scratch 1 for the coog guys
scratch 1 for the coog guys
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:27:32 am
Posts: 22772
Location: phx az (east valley)
transformers and still transformers
have a nice batch of g1 ive accumulated as well as some
stuff from the last 10 years boxed


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:01:05 am 
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
Especially "dude." And "balls." Those terms work in the tech industry.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38:36 am
Posts: 4646
Location: Seattle
Valiant fan since: Solar #1
Favorite character: Rai
Favorite title: Currently Ninjak
I used to steal those Muscle toys. I'd pop open the plastic garbage can they came in, and fill my pockets. Story of a very poor kid. Later, I did terrible things to them. Light them on fire, etc. I loved those things. But, like Greg, I did have whole tournaments with charts, etc. Great fun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:30:32 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Did anybody else have the ManTech figures? Each figure could be taken apart at every joint and each piece could be re-combined with any other figure parts. Came with helmets & weapon attachments too, as well as some vehicles. I had three of them, there may have only been six different figures...

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:45:41 pm 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:56:47 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Cimmeria
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez
lorddunlow wrote:
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.


I had the belt buckle but not the wrestling ring.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:59:40 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
grendeljd wrote:
Did anybody else have the ManTech figures? Each figure could be taken apart at every joint and each piece could be re-combined with any other figure parts. Came with helmets & weapon attachments too, as well as some vehicles. I had three of them, there may have only been six different figures...


Here's a pic of the figures;

Image

I used to have the black one, the purple one (both were 'bad guys'), and the blue one. Loved messing around with them.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37:35 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Burrito Boy wrote:
lorddunlow wrote:
greg wrote:
Heath wrote:
I remember M.U.S.C.L.E., but never did care for them. One of my best friends, however, is a huge M.U.S.C.L.E. fanatic and has a nearly complete set.

I made up names for mine, then created hand-written tournament brackets with random seeding and had them battle until there was a champion.

Nine year olds are weird... or was that just me? :?



:lol: Did you have the belt buckle? What about the wrestling ring? I always wanted the buckle, but I could never find one in a store.


I had the belt buckle but not the wrestling ring.

Loved M.U.S.C.L.E. figures too! I used to get the little trash cans of figs whenever I could. Only really liked the original salmon pink ones. And that belt was cool, I never got one though.

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:41:50 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
I was a huge fan of GI Joe, Transformers & Star Wars, but I primarily only got a lot of GI Joe toys of those three lines. Had tons of figures & vehicles. I saved money up & bought two A.W.E. strikers one summer, I was so thrilled to have more than one - it made sense for an army to have multiples, but I was never given more than one of anything of course... "You already have that one!" :lol:

I still collect them off-and-on now, but I don't have any from when I was a kid. I buy multiples of the generic soldiers :wink:

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46:49 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
I was also a big fan of Robotech, but never liked their toys back then. Once I saw the Jetfire figure for Transformers, nothing else would cut it.

And I loved Voltron too - the lion version. I was lucky enough to get the full set of five lions that were metal & plastic. My cousin only got the yellow lion from his parents, and it was from a different company - the figure was all plastic, much larger in scale than the set I had, and it came with the pilot figure who could actually fit inside the thing. I always thought it was a cheap & junkier version of the toy back then :lol:

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53:59 pm 
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
innerSPACE does whatever I tell them
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:51:43 am
Posts: 6329
Location: On the 7.5th floor of LesterCorp, headed through the back door to John Malkovich's brain.
Valiant fan since: 1991
Favorite character: Aric
Favorite title: Harbinger
Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

_________________
I like to draw stuff... http://grendeljd.deviantart.com/

My wife likes to draw stuff too, and she is better than me! [I'm very proud of her]... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sara-Dec ... ref=stream


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:48:30 am 
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
I have a Quasar collection. And I love it. So there.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:05:45 am
Posts: 3464
Location: Chicago, IL
Valiant fan since: VH1 X-O Manowar #1
Favorite character: VH1 Sting | VH2 Rai
Favorite title: VH2 Rai
Favorite artist: Sean Chen
Remember Robo Force? I had a modest few of those, but I also had some bigger vehicles from that line. A big tank thing that was all white, and a black vehicle that had pincers on the front of it IIRC...


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56:34 pm 
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
I think you might be a closeted Canadian.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:51:31 pm
Posts: 12627
grendeljd wrote:
Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

He-Man was my favorite toy as a kid. I had Skeltor's Lair as my big set. Never had Greyskull. Skeltor's Lair was way cooler in my opinion. Actually, all of the villains were cooler. Of the good guys, the Sorceress was my favorite.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

_________________
*SQUEE* your science, I have a machine gun.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:51:06 am 
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
Wang, Wang, Wang, I want all of your books.
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:28:45 pm
Posts: 3103
Location: Des Moines, IA
Valiant fan since: 1991
I have two Brothers and between us I swear we had everything. Things I can think of

Transformers
Gobots
Voltron
GI joes
Micromachines
He-man
Rambo
Dick Tracey
Care Bears
Pound puppies
Wrestling
The real ghostbusters

And so on

My mom actual found some Spinjas a month ago. My 3 year loves them and we play with them on the tile kitchen floor

_________________
Pull List: I only buy TPB's and HC's


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:48:06 am 
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
Just jumpin' through time arcs, that's all.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:56:47 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Cimmeria
Favorite character: Gunny Lewis
Favorite title: Armorines
Favorite writer: Jorge Gonzalez
caxiotis wrote:
I have two Brothers and between us I swear we had everything. Things I can think of

Transformers
Gobots
Voltron
GI joes
Micromachines
He-man
Rambo
Dick Tracey
Care Bears
Pound puppies
Wrestling
The real ghostbusters

And so on

My mom actual found some Spinjas a month ago. My 3 year loves them and we play with them on the tile kitchen floor


Damn. I wish I still had my Spinjas.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Toys of the 80s
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50:39 am 
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
Clinkin' bottles with Aram
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:40:14 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Utah
Valiant fan since: 1993
Favorite character: Bloodshot
Favorite title: Quantum & Woody (Acclaim)
lorddunlow wrote:
grendeljd wrote:
Can't forget to mention He-Man. Had a lot of that stuff too - I was floored when I got a Castle Greyskull one year for Xmas. Still love the energy & vibe of the character designs for the line, even though it got pretty silly at times.

Another toy I was curious about but never got into was Sectaurs. I liked the look of them, thought the insect hand-puppet toys were a cool idea - but I think I was just getting to an age where I lost interest in playing with toys in general, so I never got those. I'm actually kind of interested in tracking down the Star series of Marvel comics based on them still, I nearly bought some from a quarter bin just a few weeks ago.

He-Man was my favorite toy as a kid. I had Skeltor's Lair as my big set. Never had Greyskull. Skeltor's Lair was way cooler in my opinion. Actually, all of the villains were cooler. Of the good guys, the Sorceress was my favorite.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


I remember saving up my money I earned from taking out the trash and having my mom take me to Toys R Us to buy a He-Man figure. My mom wouldn't let me buy Skeletor, had to buy a good guy first :D First thing I ever bought for myself.

_________________
Alone, listless, breakfast table in an otherwise empty room.


Top
  Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group