I've been listening to Chiclo...

Comic universes no longer active, Bravura, Continuity, CrossGen, Future, Malibu, Ultraverse... and others that are 'no longer with us' today (or only recently brought back).

Moderators: Daniel Jackson, greg

Oxmyx
H.A.R.D.E.R. Corps, with Extra Resistance
Valiant fan since: 2013
Favorite character: Blister
Favorite title: Rai and the Future Force
Favorite writer: Jim Shooter
Favorite artist: Barry Wind-Smith
I've been listening to Chiclo...

Post by Oxmyx »

I've been listening to the OTV podcast and I'm all the way to a whopping Episode 17.

Chiclo makes the comment that one definition of a dead universe is a "separate discreet continuity"

So by that interpretation does that make a reboot like VEI not a continuation therefore leaving VH1 a dead universe?
Or was the reboot so soft that it slides? Would a harder reboot create a dead universe situation?
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Chiclo
I'm Chiclo. My strong Dongs paid off well.
I'm Chiclo.  My strong Dongs paid off well.
Favorite character: Kris
Re: I've been listening to Chiclo...

Post by Chiclo »

Events in one continuity do not affect the other. But, the characters are somewhat the same, some are radically different, like Livewire. A case could be made either way.

A dead universe but a revived publisher?

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote:Events in one continuity do not affect the other. But, the characters are somewhat the same, some are radically different, like Livewire. A case could be made either way.

Back when you were recording Ep 17 I don't know if the terms "hard reboot" and "soft reboot" were even being used. I remember first learning the term reboot when Star Trek: Kelvin One came out
I've been looking everywhere for the ultra-rare Turok vs Blister issue. Anybody able to help me out?

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote:Events in one continuity do not affect the other.
...But what if they DID. How cool would that be. Like a Deathmate but VEI for VH1 (no Image)

TIME IS NOT ABSOLUTE

Divinity and Solar meet in the unreality dimension, and somehow get into a cosmic fist fight. They hit each other so hard the Geomancer feels it.

I feel pretty sure VH1 Aric would attack VEI Aric almost immediately. Armstrong isn't entirely new to this, and takes himself out drinking. I think VH1 Archer might try to kill VE1 Ninjak. What else? VH1 Eternal Warrior would ask VEI EW about his three scars. Hmm...what would Magnus do? Oh, he would take out GN-GR in a very cool fight. I feel pretty sure VEI Quantum and Woody would tango with VH1 Dr Silk (maybe teamed up with Dr Eclipse)

Or maybe it's Mothergod and Divinity and this is Deathmate 2

It would be a licensing impossibility probably but a fun thought

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Oxmyx wrote:
Chiclo wrote:Events in one continuity do not affect the other. But, the characters are somewhat the same, some are radically different, like Livewire. A case could be made either way.

Back when you were recording Ep 17 I don't know if the terms "hard reboot" and "soft reboot" were even being used. I remember first learning the term reboot when Star Trek: Kelvin One came out
There is a special pit in nerd hell for those movie and Buffy Season 7.

Chiclo

Post by Chiclo »

Oxmyx wrote:
...But what if they DID. How cool would that be. Like a Deathmate but VEI for VH1 (no Image)

TIME IS NOT ABSOLUTE

Divinity and Solar meet in the unreality dimension, and somehow get into a cosmic fist fight. They hit each other so hard the Geomancer feels it.

I feel pretty sure VH1 Aric would attack VEI Aric almost immediately. Armstrong isn't entirely new to this, and takes himself out drinking. I think VH1 Archer might try to kill VE1 Ninjak. What else? VH1 Eternal Warrior would ask VEI EW about his three scars. Hmm...what would Magnus do? Oh, he would take out GN-GR in a very cool fight. I feel pretty sure VEI Quantum and Woody would tango with VH1 Dr Silk (maybe teamed up with Dr Eclipse)

I think Acclaim's Unity 2000 was somewhat about this exact business, establishing that all this happens in a Valiant multiverse. Maybe there is your tie-in?

Oxmyx

Post by Oxmyx »

Chiclo wrote:
Oxmyx wrote:

TIME IS NOT ABSOLUTE

I think Acclaim's Unity 2000 was somewhat about this exact business, establishing that all this happens in a Valiant multiverse. Maybe there is your tie-in?
I think the answers are found in books 4 and 5 of Unity 2000